Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2022, 05:08 AM
    from comment #2

The knife in the back of Manchin will be when the Dems fail to pass reforms he desires that will allow a pipeline to pump West Virginia shale gas . But we will have to wait for the end of the year to see that betrayal.

Well that is happening as predicted .

More than 70 House Democrats join push against Manchin’s permitting reform (msn.com)

What a surprise !!!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2022, 07:51 AM
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2022, 12:54 PM
    oh yeah . I was reminded that this back stabbing betrayal act by the Dems is nothing new .

They needed all their Senate 60 votes to pass Obamacare . Sen Ben Nelson of Nebraska was a holdout because Nebraska Guv Dave Heineman objected to Medicaid expansion covered by the State . So Nelson and Harry Reid cooked up a plan that had the Federal government footing the bill for Nebraska's share of the expansion forever . The so called Cornhusker Kickback is what finally convinced Nelson to give it a yay vote .

But one week after the bill was passed ;another measure that only required a majority vote AND included the reversal of the Cornhusker Kickback was passed . Of course Nelson voted against that measure . But the Dems had plenty of votes to spare .
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2022, 05:19 AM
    So the knife went into Manchin's back and then they twisted it for good measure.

Under pressure from the extreme fringe that now leads the Dem party ,Manchin withdrew his deal with Schuck Schumer to cut his pet permitting reforms from the continuing resolution spending bill yesterday .

He thinks it will be done eventually because Schmucky promised .Don't hold your breath Joe.

The funding bill keeps the government operating until mid-December....... past the elections .

He would have an ally or 2 on the Repub side if he had stuck to his principled opposition to the gimme bill with the Orwellian name ;Inflation Reduction Act . Repubs also were concerned that the reforms proposed were so narrow as to only benefit the Mountain Valley pipeline that will run through West Virginia .

But Repubs blame him for that economy busting monstrosity passing in the Senate after he had stood firm in opposition to the Dem reckless spending .

So any good will between them is gone . And in return they become those he will blame for his defeat .
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2022, 11:23 AM
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2022, 03:03 PM
    It is presently about 100K for every person in America, including infants and centenarians in nursing homes. I'm convinced that if we could ever get people to believe that, then there would be a national day of reckoning for those corrupt pols who have brought us to this place.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2022, 04:21 PM
    These clowns don't believe debt has to be paid back .

Seinfeld-It's a Write Off - YouTube
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2022, 06:25 AM
    Republican Party Staves Off Red Wave | Babylon Bee
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2022, 06:40 AM
    I once had a financial adviser tell me that mortgage debt was a good thing since the interest on the mortgage was tax-deductible. So he was saying that paying, for example, $1,000 in mortgage interest was good since, after all, you would save $250 or so on your taxes. Thus those "write-offs" save lots of money!!

That's the kind of thinking that's currently driving our country.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2022, 06:45 AM
    yeah I was told that lie too. It took me some time but with extra payments to the principle I eventually paid it off before the due date . The money I saved from not having to make monthly mortgage payments more than made up for any tax savings I got from having the mortgage . Then the next step was to move from a state that was charging me a second mortgage in property taxes for the 'privilege' of living in the state.

It is a good idea to suck it up and purchase a home however because paying off a home is better than renting and paying off someone else's property .
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2022, 07:03 AM
    It is a good idea to suck it up and purchase a home however because paying off a home is better than renting and paying off someone else's property .
    True unless it's a person who moves every two or three years. Closing costs would then eat up any other savings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search