Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2021, 05:04 AM
    Compliant press finally figures out Herr Doctor
    Unfortunately, Dr. Fauci got major epidemiology and public health questions wrong. Reality and scientific studies have now caught up with him.
    How Fauci Fooled America | Opinion (newsweek.com)

Mounting evidence indicates that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity.

we now know that lockdowns failed to protect high-risk older people. When confronted with the idea of focused protection of the vulnerable, Dr. Fauci admitted he had no idea how to accomplish it

Schools are major transmission points for influenza, but not for COVID

no statistically significant difference between masking and not masking when it came to coronavirus infection.

Contact tracing. .....For a commonly circulating viral infection such as COVID, it was a hopeless waste of valuable public health resources that did not stop the disease.

Collateral public health damage. the control of a single infectious disease is not synonymous with health. .....Americans will live with—and die from—this collateral damage for many years to come.

The evidence is in. Governors, journalists, scientists, university presidents, hospital administrators and business leaders can continue to follow Dr. Anthony Fauci or open their eyes.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2021, 05:18 AM
    Under Fauci's mandates, hospitals are firing heroic nurses who recovered from COVID they contracted while caring for patients. With their superior immunity, they can safely care for the oldest and frailest patients with even lower transmission risk than the vaccinated.
    Biden has one major accomplishment, and a very difficult one at that. He has managed to make me long for the good ole days of Donald Trump when common sense was at least sometimes employed and budget deficits were a mere trillion dollars a year.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2021, 08:05 AM
    Compliant Press finally figures out Herr Doctor

More Right-wing Republican BS from Tomder. The below is from the CDC.

A new study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Oct. 29 provides more evidence for the strong benefits of vaccination against COVID-19, even among those Americans who previously contracted and recovered from the virus.

The study, released as a part of the agency's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, drew on data from dozens of researchers across 187 hospitals in nine states. Among 7,000 individuals who were hospitalized with COVID-like illnesses over the past nine months, as the highly contagious delta variant became the predominant strain in the United States, the researchers found that unvaccinated patients were 5.49 times more likely to test positive for COVID-19 than their fully vaccinated peers, even if they had previously been infected and recovered from the coronavirus.

CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in a statement on the study's findings. "The best way to stop COVID-19, including the emergence of variants, is with widespread COVID-19 vaccination and with disease prevention actions such as mask wearing, washing hands often, physical distancing, and staying home when sick."

Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2021, 11:29 AM
    authors of the Newsweek op ed :

Martin Kulldorff, Ph.D.,.....an epidemiologist, biostatistician, and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Jay Bhattacharya, MD, Ph.D.,....a Professor of Health Policy at Stanford University School of Medicine. Both are Senior Scholars at the newly formed Brownstone Institute.
    The motive force of the Brownstone Institute is the global crisis created by policy responses to the Covid-19 pandemic of 2020. That trauma revealed a fundamental misunderstanding alive in all countries around the world today, a willingness on the part of the public and officials to forego freedom and fundamental human rights in the name of a public health crisis. The consequences were devastating and will live in infamy.
    It’s not just about this one crisis but past ones and the next ones too. The lesson we should learn concerns the desperate need for a new outlook that rejects the rights of the legally privileged few to rule over the many under any pretext, while preserving freedom, free speech, and essential rights even in times of crisis.

The name Brownstone is from the malleable but long-lasting building stone (also called “Freestone”) used so commonly in 19th-century American cities, preferred for its beauty, practicality, and strength. The Brownstone Institute regards the great task of our times as rebuilding the foundation of liberalism as classically understood, including core values of human rights and freedom as non-negotiables for an enlightened society.
    Brownstone Institute ⋆ Open Society and Liberty
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2021, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    authors of the Newsweek op ed :

Martin Kulldorff, Ph.D.,.....an epidemiologist, biostatistician, and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Jay Bhattacharya, MD, Ph.D.,....a Professor of Health Policy at Stanford University School of Medicine. Both are Senior Scholars at the newly formed Brownstone Institute.

Brownstone Institute ⋆ Open Society and Liberty

Then why are they saying natural immunity is better than vaccine immunity when the statistical studies say otherwise?

The study, released as a part of the agency's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, drew on data from dozens of researchers across 187 hospitals in nine states. Among 7,000 individuals who were hospitalized with COVID-like illnesses over the past nine months, as the highly contagious delta variant became the predominant strain in the United States, the researchers found that unvaccinated patients were 5.49 times more likely to test positive for COVID-19 than their fully vaccinated peers, even if they had previously been infected and recovered from the coronavirus.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2021, 01:48 PM
    The Israelis beg to differ.

A new Israeli study on coronavirus immunity suggests that people who were
    previously infected with the virus benefit from significantly stronger
    and longer-lasting immunity
    than the immunity provided by vaccination alone.
    The Israeli approach seems very sound. "In the first analysis, which only compared natural immunity to vaccinated immunity among the SARS-CoV-2 naïve, two cohorts of 16,215 people each were studied, with equal representation of age, sex, location, and time of infection or vaccination."

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...ws.aspx/312538
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2021, 02:03 PM
    Something doesn't make sense on the CDC study. Here are the results. "Among more than 7,000 people hospitalized for typical COVID-like symptoms, 8.7% of unvaccinated adults with a prior infection at least 3 months before tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 again, as compared to 5.1% of the fully vaccinated patients without a prior history of infection, for an adjusted odds ratio (OR) of 5.49 (95% CI 2.75-10.99) after factoring in local positivity rates, age, and numerous other factors, reported Catherine Bozio, PhD, of the CDC, and colleagues, writing in an early edition of the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report."

Since when does 8.7% vs. 5.1%, which is not an enormous difference, translate into being 5.49 times more likely to get the disease? Perhaps the confusion lies in the use of the term, "
    adjusted odds ratio". As I understand it, and I wouldn't bet money I do, it does not mean one group is 5.49 times more likely to get the disease. Perhaps it does, but that doesn't seem to correlate with an 8.7% vs. 5.1% infection rate. If it was really 5.49 times more likely, then it would be about 27% vs. 5.1%.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti...9vaccine/95344
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2021, 05:41 AM
    CDC record on covid is not good .

They messed up testing then tried to cover it up. They were wrong about who should get tested .

They recommended draconian restrictions on Americans’ daily lives

Their 6 ft distancing had no scientific basis.

Herr doctor gave contradictory recommendations on masking including not wearing masks (because of limited supplies....they then recommended cloth masks because of limited supplies of PPE ) , wearing masks indoors and outdoors(Herr doctor later admitted the risk of getting covid outdoors is minimal ), wearing 2 masks (once masks became readably available ) ,not needing masks if vaccinated ,needing masks if vaccinated in some areas .

They have been wrong on so many things .In fact they have a history of being wrong .
    Even the NY Slimes admits this .
    There are a series of articles in the Slimes that I can't link to because I don't subscribe to them . This is the latest in the NY Slimes Mag.
    Covid Proved the C.D.C. Is Broken. Can It Be Fixed? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    Of course being the Slimes ,they portray the CDC as the victims of their circumstances .
    But the fault lies in the agency .
    Internal Emails Show How Chaos at the CDC Slowed the Early Response to Coronavirus — ProPublica
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2021, 05:42 AM
    Vanity Fair wrote late October that NIH had sent a letter to members of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce stating that EcoHealth Alliance, operating on an NIH grant, did indeed enhance a bat coronavirus to become potentially more infectious to humans. An NIH spokesperson defended Herr Dr. Fauci, saying that he "did not have the progress report that detailed the controversial research when he testified in July." uhhh huhhh

But EcoHealth Alliance appeared to contradict that claim, and said in a statement: “These data were reported as soon as we were made aware, in our year four report in April 2018.”
    In Major Shift, NIH Admits Funding Risky Virus Research in Wuhan | Vanity Fair
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2021, 06:10 AM
    So Rand Paul had it right all along.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2021, 06:41 AM
    Yes although it is still unclear that the source of the virus was intentional or unintentional leak from the lab . A 'Science' article quoted by the Slimes is still advancing the wet market theory.

Now here is the thing. The first cases of Lyme disease did not happen in the government lab on Plum Island . It escaped the lab(my theory) and infected mice ,that then passed it on to ticks that eventually infected patient zero in Lyme Connecticut.

So if indeed the corona virus patient zero was in the wet market ,it does not preclude the possibility that the virus escaped the lab .
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2021, 03:30 AM
    Herr Doctor had the arrogance to claim that he represents science. He is beginning to sound more like a cult leader every day.
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2021, 06:22 AM
    Herr Doctor's dodge

MS. PSAKI: Peter.

Q Dr. Fauci, as you advise the President about the possibility of new testing requirements for people coming into this country, does that include everybody?

DR. FAUCI: The answer is yes. Because you know that the new — the new regulation — if you want to call it that — is that anybody and everybody who’s coming into the country needs to get a test within 24 hours of getting on the plane to come here.

Q But what about people who don’t take a plane and just — these border crossers coming in in huge numbers in a sense?

DR. FAUCI: You know, but that’s a different issue. For example, when you talk — we still have Title 42, with regard to protection at the border. So there are protections at the border — that you don’t have the capability, as you know, of somebody getting on a plane, getting checked, looking at a passport. We don’t have that there. But we can get some degree of mitigation.

Q Is there something to do to test these people somewhere else before they get here?

DR. FAUCI: There — no, there — there is testing at the border under certain circumstances, as you know.
    Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki, December 1, 2021 | The White House
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2021, 11:07 AM
    This really gets tiresome. The double talk from this admin is just amazing.

The question. "...as you advise the President about the possibility of new testing requirements for people coming into this country, does that include everybody?"

The answer. "The answer is yes. Because you know that the new — the new regulation — if you want to call it that — is that anybody and everybody who’s coming into the country needs to get a test within 24 hours of getting on the plane to come here."

So there is some magical difference between those who walk in and those who fly in? Huh???
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2021, 04:36 PM
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2021, 03:19 PM
    Herr Doctor weighs in on Christmas family gatherings .........

"if they invite people over their home, essentially ask and maybe require that people show evidence that they are vaccinated,”

Fauci: Families Should Require Vaccination Proof Before Holiday Gatherings - Election Central (uspresidentialelectionnews.com)
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2022, 01:43 PM
    Herr Doctor Fauchi ;who has been jabbed 4 times ;has covid .I wish him a speedy recovery and a spending retirement real soon.
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2022, 03:57 PM
    Herr Doctor received royalties from VAX manufactures He has claimed in the past that he donated royalties to charity

But October 2021, the watchdog group Open The Books filed a federal lawsuit to obtain access to disclosures about who in NIH received royalties from Vax mfgs . But once they received the records , critical information had been redacted, such as who the payments came from and how much was doled out.But the number of NIH employees who received royalties numbers around 18,000 scientists .

No transparency ? What a surprise !! This led to a heated exchange between covid infected Herr Doctor and Sen Rand Paul.

Heated Exchange between Sen. Rand Paul & Dr. Anthony Fauci on Vaccines and Royalties - YouTube
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2022, 08:15 PM
    Interesting how Fauci seemed so evasive and reluctant to answer pretty simple, direct questions.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2024, 05:26 AM
    hmmm natural immunity works . Imagine that

How COVID-19 Vaccines and Infections Are Tweaking Immunity | TIME

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

herr Donald Herbert Hoover Smoot Hawley Trump [ 88 Answers ]

In March 2002, President George W. Bush imposed a 30% tariff on Chinese steel. The results were chaotic. The tariffs boosted the overall prices of steel and cost the U.S. 200,000 jobs in businesses that buy steel, representing $4 billion in lost wages. ...

herr Donald is having a bad week [ 105 Answers ]

sorry can't defend...... 1. signing a budget that increases spending more than the emperor ever dreamed of proposing . 2.the whole idea of assembling our military might and parading it down Pennsylvania Ave. 3. Not releasing the Schiff memo after releasing the Nunes memo .What could possibly be...

Non-compliant executor of a will. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have no idea where to begin or if I am in the right place so I apologize in advance if I am not. In Feb 2003 my Grandmother, my mother's mother, passed away. In her will it stated I would receive a ring set when I turned 25. This set is what my father, who is also now deceased, gave to my...

Handicap compliant [ 10 Answers ]

I have found a business that is not handicapped friendly. It is difficult to enter and leave the building, there is a large step in the floor that I cannot negotiate, no handicapped parking and the restroom is too small for me and my wheel chair.:( It is a very small family business and I am...

Being compliant with hippa [ 2 Answers ]

Is it illegal to place a hidden flag on a client's chart to protect the associates that are working with infectious and contagious diseased patients?

View more questions Search