Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2021, 08:04 PM
    They slow down illegal immigration by 99%. Your objection is just flat wrong. It's like saying that locks don't work because, after all, my neighbor's house was broken into yesterday. Umbrellas don't work because my friend's leaks. Banks don't work because one was robbed last year. You are appealing to the exceptions that prove the rule.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2021, 09:43 PM
    Why then didn't Trump build a wall?
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2021, 06:00 AM
    He built about 400 miles of wall. It has been very effective. How much has Biden built?

At least we now have WG on record as admitting that walls are effective.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 13, 2021, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    He built about 400 miles of wall. It has been very effective. How much has Biden built?
    Lemme see. 1254 total miles. 400 supposed Trump miles. What about the rest of the 854 miles?
    At least we now have WG on record as admitting that walls are effective.
    Where?
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2021, 10:42 AM
    What about the rest of the 854 miles?
    We need them. Can you write your hero, Mr. Biden, and get him to do it?

You are asking for more wall to be built, but you don't believe they work?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 13, 2021, 10:44 AM
    We need them. Can you write your hero, Mr. Biden, and get him to do it?
    Why is he my hero?

Trump said he would do it.
    You are asking for more wall to be built, but you don't believe they work?
    Where am I asking for that?

JL said, At least we now have WG on record as admitting that walls are effective.

Where?
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2021, 11:01 AM
    Trump said he would and he built 400 miles. Your hero came in and has built...nothing. In fact he has overseen an enormous increase in illegal crossings.

I'm trying to be nice to you. It is so blatantly foolish to contend that walls don't work that I am assuming you have seen that by now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 13, 2021, 11:16 AM
    Trump said he would and he built 400 miles. Your hero came in and has built...nothing. In fact he has overseen an enormous increase in illegal crossings.
    Again, why is he my hero? You have me confused with someone else. I'm a Republican.
    It is so blatantly foolish to contend that walls don't work that I am assuming you have seen that by now.
    Then why didn't Trump finish building the rest of the 854 miles?
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2021, 12:43 PM
    The final two years he had the "We love illegal immigration," liberal dem congress to contend with.' But I am happy for you that you have finally dropped the "Walls don't work," mantra. You certainly look more grown up now. (gentle humor)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2021, 12:53 PM
    He had resistance from Congress and the courts . Much of what was built was by executive order emergency declaration and the diverting of funds .

Also if you look where it was built ,it was on lands the Federal Government controls . 70 percent of the existing border wall /fences are located in California, Arizona, and New Mexico on Federal land .States ,private individuals ,Indian tribes own the majority of the border land. That land would have to be acquired or right of ways established . Going back to GW Bush years some attempts using eminent domain have been tied up in court .

Environmental issues also tied up progress. Trump should be applauded for accomplishing so much. As a young community activist I was part of a group that effectively blocked a project by pointing out the existence of spotted newts and timber rattlers on the site . You must be aware that it is very easy to delay projects you object to .
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2021, 05:50 AM
    In other news on the loonie bin front, China is developing a hypersonic missile and is about to launch its first fleet aircraft carrier, but they clearly don't realize that the Biden administration has outsmarted them by appointing our first transgender general. Take that, Chicoms!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occupant's right NJ [ 3 Answers ]

I have Friend that Lives with His girl fiend, She has just Died this weekend. He has lived with her for 10yrs or more. Her family is forcing him out 3 days after her death what rights dose he have as an occupant. He Knows that He will have to leave But dose NJ law give him more time to vacate the...

Occupant [ 6 Answers ]

If a lease has expired and the tenant and occupants are now paying month to month with no verbal or written agreement, can the tenant go to court to have an occupant evicted?

Occupant Law [ 4 Answers ]

I live in New York State with my boyfriend. We found our apartment together, we've lived together for 10 years, but this is the first time that I am not listed as a Tenant on the lease. I am listed as an Occupant. I have paid 1/2 of the security deposit plus 1/2 of the rent using my checks, 1/2...

Responsilility of an Occupant [ 1 Answers ]

My DAD renewed his lease which went into effect on April 1, 2008. He passed away on May 10, 2008. I lived with him and was listed on the lease as "occupant". Due to his untimely death, I am no longer able to stay. I spoke with the Property Manager and explained situation to her, and wrote a letter...

Authorized occupant [ 2 Answers ]

My mother in law has a live in friend who does not have a rental agreement or any thing close she is term ill now, she wants him out of the house what are his rights we live in va

View more questions Search