Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 10, 2021, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    How do you know that?
    It's a proven fact.
    What a low, dim view you have of Central Americans, that they are so dumb and backwards that they can't understand the process of applying for a visa. Wow. I'd suggest you give them more credit than that.
    Please travel to Guatemala, then report back to us. I'm betting over half the population doesn't even know what a visa is.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2021, 12:22 PM
    How do you know that?

It's a proven fact.
    I've learned that when a liberal on this board says, "Oh, it's a proven fact," it means they have no evidence at all to back up the issue under discussion.

Please travel to Guatemala, then report back to us. I'm betting over half the population doesn't even know what a visa is.
    You've traveled to Guatemala and you know this?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 10, 2021, 12:23 PM
    The poverty rate in Guatemala is very high. According to the World Bank, 59.3% of the population lives below the poverty line. In addition, 23% live in extreme poverty. The indigenous people in Guatemala are most affected by poverty.
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2021, 01:07 PM
    I have been to Guatemala. The people I met, which were the rural poor, were poor but far from stupid. I have no doubt they can understand what a "visa" is.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2021, 04:57 AM
    I completely disagree about their inability to comprehend the concept of needing visas to emigrate. If they could not get into the US without proper visas, they would come to understand it rapidly.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2021, 06:09 AM
    "Nearly half of voters say Biden worse president than expected, most don't want to see him run again: poll

Biden's approval rating in a new poll is in line with where Trump was 4 years ago, but his disapproval numbers are far worse."

"Among the topline numbers, according to USA Today/Suffolk University, are a 37.8% approval rating for Biden with a 59% disapproval – more than 21 points underwater. Forty-six percent of those included in the survey said Biden has done a worse job than expected, and 64% said they don't want Biden to run for reelection."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...infrastructure
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2021, 09:54 AM
    I take polls with a grain of salt. Harry Truman at times has polling in the low 20s.

Here is the difference. While Trump's numbers dropped during the non-stop compliant press blitz of the Russia hoax and their misrepresentation of his remarks about Charlottesville; the compliant press runs cover for Quid.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2021, 04:17 PM
    Biden's latest gaffe. "President Biden referred to the late baseball player Satchel Paige as "the great negro" before correcting himself during his Veterans Day address at Arlington National Cemetery on Thursday."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...at-negro-gaffe
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2021, 05:46 AM
    So, the EU has a terrible migration issue. Thousands of migrants are camped out in the forests of Belarus. Belarus (a state essentially controlled by Putin through his stooge Alexander Lukashenko) has been forcing the migrants to bum rush the border with Poland. The EU position to date has been of the bleeding-heart variety. They accepted over a million migrants during the height of the Syrian civil war. Now there is a popular back lash right at the time when illegal migration is surging due to Russian interference.
    Russia Sends Warplanes to Belarus Amid Fight With EU Over Migrants - WSJ

So, what is the solution?

Build a wall. That is the EU plan.

The European Council is asking its executive branch, the European Commission, to create legal arrangements to allow the EU to finance border walls and other immediate measures in response to what they said is a hybrid attack. Poland, Lithuania and Latvia have begun fencing off their borders and declared states of emergency, not waiting for EU action.
    Twelve EU governments said in an open letter last month that a physical barrier appeared to be effective border protection that served the EU, and advocated EU funding.
    Dozen ministers want EU to finance border walls (euobserver.com)

Why a wall? Because walls work.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2021, 06:32 AM
    Yep. If walls didn't work, they wouldn't be in widespread use all over the world.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2021, 09:46 AM
    Yep. If walls didn't work, they wouldn't be in widespread use all over the world.
    Naw, just mow down those people with automatic weapons. That'll teach 'em!
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2021, 10:05 AM
    How many do you have living in your house?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2021, 10:25 AM
    How many do you have living in your house?
    My house is very small, I'm housebound/wheelchairbound, and my husband and son have Asperger's. Years ago, when the Vietnamese refugees arrived in this country, our church sponsored three families. I was very active helping them get settled in, learn English and American ways of doing things, and tutored their children.

If I were younger and mobile, I'd be the first in line to help the current batch of refugees and immigrants.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2021, 02:30 PM
    So the answer is none. That's my observation of the typical liberal solution to this. "Let them come in and be a burden on someone else. Ship em to Florida." I don't mean that to sound harsh, but rather to point out that your position would be a great deal more meaningful if you had a family in a spare bedroom, or even in a rented travel trailer in the backyard.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2021, 02:31 PM
    So the answer is none.
    How many live at your house?
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2021, 02:37 PM
    None. That's one reason why I feel very comfortable in advocating for a wall, and in not compelling my fellow Americans to tolerate this pathetic policy playing out on the southern border. I don't feel like a hypocrite. If I WAS advocating for such policies, I would feel very uncomfortable about it.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2021, 02:43 PM
    I have never had a legal or illegal immigrant live in my home. I have hired hindreds of legal immigrants and was happy to do so.

The question of whether walls work or don't is a silly one. Clearly they do or prisons would not have them. Yeah, there may be the occasional escape. But that is the exception.

It is much easier to deal with the breaches then to have a lawless border; which appears to be the Quid policy.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2021, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The question of whether walls work or don't is a silly one. Clearly they do or prisons would not have them.
    How long is a prison wall? (1254 miles?) In an unpopulated desert area? Are there tens of thousands of prisoners inside those walls?
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2021, 03:32 PM
    The point was that walls unquestionably work.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2021, 07:53 PM
    -
    The point was that walls unquestionably work.
    No, they don't. Not on the southern border. They have been successfully scaled, burrowed under, and gotten around (even by kids).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occupant's right NJ [ 3 Answers ]

I have Friend that Lives with His girl fiend, She has just Died this weekend. He has lived with her for 10yrs or more. Her family is forcing him out 3 days after her death what rights dose he have as an occupant. He Knows that He will have to leave But dose NJ law give him more time to vacate the...

Occupant [ 6 Answers ]

If a lease has expired and the tenant and occupants are now paying month to month with no verbal or written agreement, can the tenant go to court to have an occupant evicted?

Occupant Law [ 4 Answers ]

I live in New York State with my boyfriend. We found our apartment together, we've lived together for 10 years, but this is the first time that I am not listed as a Tenant on the lease. I am listed as an Occupant. I have paid 1/2 of the security deposit plus 1/2 of the rent using my checks, 1/2...

Responsilility of an Occupant [ 1 Answers ]

My DAD renewed his lease which went into effect on April 1, 2008. He passed away on May 10, 2008. I lived with him and was listed on the lease as "occupant". Due to his untimely death, I am no longer able to stay. I spoke with the Property Manager and explained situation to her, and wrote a letter...

Authorized occupant [ 2 Answers ]

My mother in law has a live in friend who does not have a rental agreement or any thing close she is term ill now, she wants him out of the house what are his rights we live in va

View more questions Search