Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2021, 06:37 PM
    I hadn't realized it was a silly game. Both my heart and soul have been involved in it, hoping for a lively discussion. Okay, I'll post no more in this thread.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2021, 06:50 PM
    Fair enough. We don't seem to play well together anyway. I'm sure a good deal of the fault lies with me.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2021, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    1. So that argument fell by the wayside.,

2. argument 2 bit the dust.

3. First of all, that is nonsense.

4. argument 4 also crashes and burns.
    Your "arguments" completely miss the message of Jesus. You wind up, in effect, promoting eternal punishment over the saving message of love. I have a good idea WHY you act in this way, but I've noted it many times before and I don't think it serves any purpose to do it again.

I can only advise you to again read what you've written in placing hell over heaven (so to speak - but you probably won't understand that), and then read the Gospels in an attempt to get the real message (you might want to ask the Holy Spirit for guidance).

I'm quite sure you won't take my advice, but good luck anyway.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 05:37 AM
    Your "arguments" completely miss the message of Jesus. You wind up, in effect, promoting eternal punishment over the saving message of love. I have a good idea WHY you act in this way, but I've noted it many times before and I don't think it serves any purpose to do it again
    In this thread I have responded to your points, but I haven't advanced an argument or promoted any message. I simply asked how you felt you could determine the "genuine attitudes" of Jesus. As my summary above plainly shows , you have not been able to describe any logical method. I did have an objective in mind. I wanted to demonstrate to any reader here, and hopefully to you as well, that you are using nothing more substantial than your own intuition and prejudices about the matter. That certainly would appear to be true.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2021, 02:42 PM
    Jesus' "genuine attitudes", core values:

• 1. Do the right thing for the right reasons - Matthew 6:1-4, 5-8
    • 2. Follow God's agenda, not one's own - Matthew 6:9-13
    • 3. Forgive others - Matthew 6:14-15
    • 4. Prioritize eternal things, not temporal ones - Matthew 6:19-24
    • 5. Do not worry - Matthew 6:25-31
    • 6. Seek the kingdom first - Matthew 6:33-34
    • 7. Do not judge others - Matthew 7:1-5
    • 8. If you want something, keep asking - Matthew 7:7-11
    • 9. Stay true to your convictions - Matthew 7:13- 20
    • 10. Obey God - Matthew 7:21-27
    • 11. Show love to others - John 15:12
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 02:45 PM
    How do you know they are the "core values" of His "genuine attitudes"?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 02:51 PM
    Why didn't these passages from Mt. 5 make your list?

20 “For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

21 “You have heard that [k]the ancients were told, ‘You shall not commit murder’ and ‘Whoever commits murder shall be [l]liable to the court.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be [m]guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘[n]You good-for-nothing,’ shall be [o]guilty before [p]the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be [q]guilty enough to go into the [r]fiery hell. 23 Therefore if you are presenting your [s]offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your [t]offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your [u]offering.

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye makes you [w]stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you [x]to lose one of the parts of your body, [y]than for your whole body to be thrown into [z]hell. 30 If your right hand makes you [aa]stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you [ab]to lose one of the parts of your body, [ac]than for your whole body to go into [ad]hell.

33 “Again, you have heard that [ag]the ancients were told, ‘[ah]You shall not [ai]make false vows, but shall fulfill your [aj]vows to the Lord.’ 34 But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is the footstool of His feet, or [ak]by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’; anything beyond these is [al]of evil.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2021, 02:53 PM
    When I asked a question, you kicked me and said we were playing a "silly game" (yet I was excited because our posts were crisp and clean and not inundated with verbiage). Is there any way to please you?

As I posted earlier in this thread, "Not showing love is sin. Every sin we commit is because we aren't showing love somehow." None of us show love consistently, all the time. Why is that failing a ticket to eternal damnation?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 02:59 PM
    If you don't want to answer, then that's fine. Your choice.

But you might want to go back an look at the question that started this whole thread and see how that might apply to your post.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2021, 03:02 PM
    Thus, I can never give a complete response. There will always be something missing or incorrect, according to you. My responses will never be good enough for you.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 04:05 PM
    I really can't put it any nicer or more accurately than this.

If you don't want to answer, then that's fine. Your choice, but you might want to go back and look at the question that started this whole thread and see how that might apply to your post.

I'll add this. It's not about conclusions. It's about the method you use to arrive at that conclusion. That's why I asked you, "How do you know they are the 'core values' of His 'genuine attitudes?'" It's not a mean question. It addresses the core question of this thread.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2021, 04:08 PM
    "How do you know they are the 'core values' of His 'genuine attitudes?'" It's not a mean question. It addresses the core question of this thread.
    You didn't see the Bible reference after each one?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 04:14 PM
    An assortment of scriptures is not a methodology. Why, for instance, did you not include the Mt. 5 scriptures? Why not the Mt. 25 passage?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2021, 04:59 PM
    An assortment of scriptures is not a methodology. Why, for instance, did you not include the Mt. 5 scriptures? Why not the Mt. 25 passage?
    Methodology...right. And your questions make no sense.

I tried to avoid this descent into mischief. And why are you "allowed" to ask questions but I'm not?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 05:02 PM
    Because you refuse to answer questions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2021, 05:03 PM
    Because you refuse to answer questions.
    Then why do you ask them?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 05:48 PM
    Hope springs eternal?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2021, 05:51 PM
    Hope springs eternal?
    Why don't you answer mine?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2021, 05:55 PM
    Which one?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2021, 05:58 PM
    Which one?
    Post #39.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attitudes regarding sex [ 10 Answers ]

This is a semi-sexuality question and a semi-friendship question. Mods, feel free to move it. This is going to be very long but it basically sums up to this: Do I have the right to tell people how I feel about the way they think about sex and what they do? I have a really good friend who was a...

Nurses attitudes on life [ 20 Answers ]

Why do nurses have to be so judgemental on life they don't know?

Creditors Attitudes - Do we have to put up with that? [ 4 Answers ]

OK, so I phone telus for a home line and they tell me I owe them $130 for an old phone line that went to collections. They gave me the company name to pay it off "CBV". So I call these people to find out my payment options and they treat me like a criminal. Even though they have made NO effort to...

Your attitudes towards re-piercing is? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, this is my story.. please take your time reading it and help me out? Well, when I just turned 15 I got my navel pierced for the very first time, I totally adored it but was so desperate to change it, I waited for 3/4 months then changed it into a dangley one. That made my navel pop. A...

Iraq: Changes in Attitudes? [ 5 Answers ]

More on the surge... Looks like the facts on the ground in Iraq continue to make headway over the rhetoric. And it looks like the Dems still see progress in Iraq as a bad thing. Aren't we supposed to be on the same side? Haven't the critics been telling us how patriotic they are,...

View more questions Search