Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schwim Posts: 132, Reputation: 22

Oct 23, 2021, 05:53 AM
    Need to meet code: Automotive lift and ceiling
    Hello there, everyone!

I hope this is posted in the correct spot. I purchased a house with a separategarage with a living space above and am now tasked with bringing it up to code. Part of that process is installing 5/8 drywall on the ceiling of the garage. My issue is the installed automotive lift is actually extends beyond the plane of drywall and into the joist cavity.

What can I do to bring this to code? Can I drywall around it, just as I would any other protrusion through the drywall space like pipes, posts and whatnot, using a firestop caulk to seal between the lift metal and drywall?

Check out some similar questions!

Does load center need to meet new code if only replacing meter socket? [ 5 Answers ]

My outside power box with standard circuit breakers is inside the same box as my meter socket above it. But you don't need to remove the panel cover for the breakers to service the meter socket. So if a new meter socket for a digital meter (which the power company is forcing me to get) is sized for...

A lift is filled with patients has a total mass of 2055 kg. As the lift begins to go [ 2 Answers ]

Question. No: 1 A lift is filled with patients has a total mass of 2055 kg. As the lift begins to go up, the acceleration is 0.75 m/s2. What is the tension in the rope that is lifting the lift? Validate your solution as well. Question. No: 2 A man pushes a lawnmower with a force of 170 N at an...

1/4" soft copper tubing meet code [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a whole house humidifier. The manufacturer requires a 1/4" OD copper tubing for the water supply. I would like to use a coil of soft copper tubing from Home depot. It is 1/4" OD and about 0.021 wall C122 copper. Does anyone know if this tubing meets code in Mass? I believe this...

I want to install crown molding, but ceiling and wall do not meet, big space bt them. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install crown molding in a bedroom, the house is old, 1905, there are ceiling tiles on the ceiling, and they do not go all the way over to the wall. There was somesort of molding up before, so I have uneven gaps between the wall and ceilings. Is there a way to put up a support or...

Vent diagram - does this meet code (see pic)? Vent runs below actual drain [ 4 Answers ]

The schematic below should make it clear the configuration I would like to use. Basically, I would like to keep the vent under the floor for a little ways, so it pops up in a better location. I cannot easily move the 2" drain location going down and would rather not go straight up from the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.