Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 23, 2021, 05:07 AM
    The TRUTH is out there...
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    Trump to launch new social media platform TRUTH Social
    Former US President Donald Trump has announced plans to launch a new social media network, called TRUTH Social.

He said the platform would "stand up to the tyranny of big tech", accusing them of silencing opposing voices in the US.

Social media played a pivotal role in Mr Trump's bid for the White House and was his favourite means of communication as president.

But Mr Trump was banned from Twitter and suspended from Facebook after his supporters stormed the US Capitol.

Social media firms were under pressure throughout Mr Trump's presidency to ban him, with his posts criticised as insulting, inflammatory or peddling outright falsehoods.

Last year Twitter and Facebook began deleting some of his posts or labelling them as misleading, such as one in which he said Covid was "less lethal" than the flu.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58990330

Wonder if it will be anything like his previous blog.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2021, 05:54 AM
    He was banned from Twitter because, they said, he violated a policy against the glorification of violence. Here are the two tweets they referred to.

"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"

The second indicated Trump did not plan to attend Joe Biden's inauguration.

"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th."
    There was clearly no glorification of violence in either tweet. The move was blatantly political and clear evidence of Twitter's left wing prejudices.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2021, 05:58 AM
    But Mr Trump was banned from Twitter and suspended from Facebook after his supporters stormed the US Capitol.
    His tweets and posts on FB were being censored long before the election was decided. At least 65 times his posts were removed from the 2 sites compared to zero of Quid's .

And it has been revealed that Zuckerberg and his wife invested a fortune ($350 million ) in their effort to assist the Democrats in rigging the elections .

Since most social media sites (excluding this one ) have a heavy partisan presumption then why would he trust them to deliver his message if he has the means to fund his own venue ? Lets see if they do to his site what was done to Parler ?
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2021, 06:04 AM
    FB down played it's own role in the Capitol riot . They lied about the extent of their censoring sites and organizations that they claim planned the riot .

January 6 insurrection and Facebook: Internal docs paint a damning picture (msn.com)

They scrubbed content after the fact
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2021, 06:08 AM
    And it has been revealed that Zuckerberg and his wife invested a fortune ($350 million ) in their effort to assist the Democrats in rigging the elections .
    Wonder what the payoff is going to be? You can be sure they expect something for their 350 mil.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2021, 06:27 AM
    I have heard FB's editorial ads on Spotify . At a minimum they intend to shape net regulations that are favorable to them. That is the way rent-seekers hold onto power . They assist in the writing of the law which in turn stifles competition .Market share is the power and the name of their game .
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2021, 07:21 AM
    Facebook and Twitter were both offline for half a day recently, and Facebook accounts are hacked routinely. It has become the norm.

As far as private data goes, I don't even have my birthyear on FB, much less any data that I would mind becoming public since it already IS public.
    Surely people have enough sense not to have bank account and SS numbers stored on FB.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2021, 08:39 AM
    The Facebook "truth " has been exposed by whistle blower Frances Haugen ;formerly of Facebook's "Integrity Team" .
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2021, 08:57 AM
    If Trump's site does nothing more than promote open, honest, and fair exchanges of ideas, then it will be a winner.
    BossMan

Oct 23, 2021, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If Trump's site does nothing more than promote open, honest, and fair exchanges of ideas, then it will be a winner.
    In all honesty, do you think that is even remotely possible?
    Neither side follows that mantra, just belittling the others, like school yard kids...
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2021, 10:25 AM
    In all honesty, do you think that is even remotely possible?
    Neither side follows that mantra, just belittling the others, like school yard kids...
    Possible? Yes. Probable? That remains to be seen. It's hard to imagine it could be any
    worse that FB or Twitter.
    BossMan

Oct 23, 2021, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Possible? Yes. Probable? That remains to be seen. It's hard to imagine it could be any
    worse that FB or Twitter.
    That being said would it be more balanced that Parlar or others..
    As ever, the direction is always based on the management.
    BossMan

Apr 4, 2022, 01:04 PM
    Oooopsie
    Trump's Truth Social app branded a disaster
    Should have gone live Presidents' Day, 21 February, so far nothing but silence...
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2022, 01:25 PM
    I am reminded about how the big tech monopoly ganged up and knee capped Parler .

Speaking for myself ,I use my phone for very limited purposes that do not include heavy amounts of time on social media. That is what my lap top is for ,
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2022, 03:46 AM
    I think that the greatness of social media has been critically undermined by censorship. Speaking for myself ,there are 2 reasons for me to participate . I connect with family and friends ;and I engage in conversation and debate . Censorship severely affected the later . Twitter used to be a dynamic site that was used for the free and open exchange of ideas . Censorship has turned it into a site of bobble headed Borg collectives with almost no alternative narrative. I suspect Trump's new site would be the same . I see no value in joining such a site . The only reason I still am on Twitter is to mine the thoughts of people I mostly disagree with
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Apr 5, 2022, 10:20 AM
    What a contradiction in terms. A Trump media channel called 'Truth'?

I can't actually remember him saying anything truthful during his election campaign, term in office or since.

In my opinion the only reason he is likely to start a new media channel is for him to keep telling people how great he is, being extremely economical with the truth and posting a load of idiotic rubbish in the same way he has been doing since joining other social media sites.

I am not American and neither do I reside in the US. I am simply someone who has been following Trump and his career since he started his initial election campaign and watching his as a neutral and in an objective way.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2022, 11:11 AM
    I can't actually remember him saying anything truthful during his election campaign, term in office or since.
    I can remember several.

1. He asserted he did not collude with Russia. Turned out to be true.
    2. He said we could not control our southern border without a wall. True.
    3. He said unemployment reached historic lows. True.
    4. He said small business confidence was at an all time high. True.
    5. He said the DJIA jumping 1,000 points in five weeks was the fastest increase in history. True.
    6. He said the southern border was a major artery for drug imports into the U.S. True.
    7. He said he was being spied on and his office was tapped. True.
    8. He said 43 million Americans were on food stamps during the Obama admin. True.

Here is another boatload of true statements by Trump.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...r=donald-trump

Now if you want to say he told some whoppers, then that's fine, but to say he never said anything truthful is just nonsense. And if you want to be critical of him for lying, then be an equal opportunity criticizer and include Obama, HC, and JB.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2022, 11:30 AM
    The biggest truth he told was that he was the victim of a plot to falsely accuse him of colluding with Russia to steal the election in 2016
    . Just yesterday John Durham filed smoking gun evidence that Evita campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann texted FBI General Council that he was NOT working for the Evita campaign when he delivered to the FBI the fabricated Steele dossier .
    That was one of the many BIG LIES told about Trump
    Durham bombshell: Prosecutor unveils smoking gun FBI text message, 'joint venture' to smear Trump | Just The News

Another big lie told about Trump was the claim the left still makes that Trump said there were 'very fine' neo Nazis in Charlotte
    PolitiFact | In Context: Donald Trump’s ‘very fine people on both sides’ remarks (transcript)
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2022, 01:56 PM
    All the lefties heads exploded today when Musk suggested he wants to restore free speech on Twitter .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need the truth [ 5 Answers ]

I was very friendly with a guy who used to in though my workplace to do the usual Thursday bus trip, and sometimes I would go on the trips with him and the residents, we started to really flirt with each other and it resulted way me and him going out for a date, everything was fine for about 2...

The truth about NC [ 9 Answers ]

Everyone on here is saying the whole point of NC is to heal and live for yourself, etc. I believe that is true and it helps healing, but if you were the one dumped, I think NC is also the only way to see if this relationship is real. Your ex is never going to know how life is without you (what...

Is it better to know truth, than to believe a lie? [ 33 Answers ]

Would you like to (know) there is a God? Or, would you like to (believe) there is a god? :confused:

View more questions Search