Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2021, 06:46 PM
    What's true?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2021, 06:55 PM
    Those quotes weren't in the link I posted.
    Do you even bother to read the nonsense you link? Of course the quotes are there, dear reader. I might add, dear reader, that I have rarely read an article any more devoid of scientific content than that one.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2021, 07:05 PM
    I reread my link. Nope. Nothing you quoted was there. By Charles Coddington:

"Homosexuality may be a political issue, which Joan Solms avers in The Voice, but it is most certainly not a moral one. Questions of morality involve conscious choices; one decides to become either moral or immoral depending upon his/her understanding of the current code of morality.

Codes of morality have been around for a long time, and they keep changing in content as ignorance and superstition give way to enlightenment and rationality. Once upon a time, it was perfectly acceptable for a man to beat his wife and children if they “misbehaved,” i.e did not do as he ordered them to do. It was perfectly acceptable to hang/burn at the stake a woman who acted “strangely” (“thou shalt not suffer a witch to live” – Exodus 22:18). It was perfectly acceptable to own slaves and to punish them severely if they got too “uppity,” i.e. protested their treatment. It was perfectly acceptable to send children off to factories for eight hours a day instead of sending them off to schools. It was perfectly acceptable to send a person to prison if he could not pay his debts. And it was perfectly acceptable for a rich man to have a mistress, and break his marriage vows, so long as he paid his taxes and tithed to his house of worship of choice.

We don’t do those things anymore, do we, dear reader? Well, maybe that last one is still “on the books”! Those things aren’t acceptable anymore. Our code of morality has changed radically since those practices once reigned supreme.

One piece of the old moral code still remains, however. I’m sure Ms Solms is familiar with Leviticus 20:13 – “If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: They shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” I don’t know how many “queers” Ms Solms has killed so far, you’ll have to ask her, but this is the moral code to which she subscribes. Others have obeyed this “commandment,” and they often brag about it, in private, of course, because it is no longer acceptable amongst a growing segment of the population.

Homosexuality, as I have alluded to above, does not derive from a conscious choice. No LGBTQ person wakes up one morning and says to him/herself, “I think I’ll become a queer, because it’s cool to be one.” LGBTQ people were born that way and thus have no control over how they feel. It’s in their genetic code.

The human body carries a number of chromosomes, thread-like structures consisting of proteins and one molecule of DNA. Chromosomes transmit information which determines the appearance and function of every part of the body; this information derives from the genetic make-up of one’s parents. Each individual carries 23 pairs of chromosomes, one set from each parent. The 23rd pair, the Y and the X, called such because of their shape from one’s father and mother, respectively, govern the physical gender of the child. These chromosomes therefore secrete hormones which affect one’s mental outlook, i.e. masculinity or femininity.

Sometimes, however, the chromosomes are affected adversely, a chemical imbalance in the body, exposure to harmful radiation, or ingestion of a toxic substance, creating a mutation and upsetting the natural order of genetics. In the case of the sex chromosomes, the X may gain a few extra molecules of material, causing it to become a Y; similarly, a Y may lose a few molecules of material, causing it to become an X.

Consequently, hormones which never should have been are secreted, and the child behaves accordingly despite his/her physical appearance.
    This, dear reader, is why we have LGBTQ persons in our midst. The LGBTQ community might object to this analysis, but it is the only rational explanation of their condition. And besides, it serves to underpin their struggle to establish their identity in a hostile world. Misconceptions to the contrary notwithstanding, their lifestyle is not of their choosing. They must be what they are.

History has demonstrated that homosexuality was accepted in those nations where no patriarchal religion held sway and dominated the culture. In those nations, individuals were judged by how they behaved toward others, not by how they dressed or wore their hair; cosmopolitanism was the watchword (the so-called “Golden Rule,” if you will). Some day, it will be so in the U.S. of A., and enmity will be replaced by brother/sisterhood.

Just a thought."
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2021, 07:13 PM
    I reread my link. Nope. Nothing you quoted was there. By Charles Coddingham:
    Just to make your life a little easier, I underlined the sections I quoted. And you think I have reading comp problems??? Hopefully, you will admit your error.

"Homosexuality may be a political issue, which Joan Solms avers in The Voice, but it is most certainly not a moral one. Questions of morality involve conscious choices; one decides to become either moral or immoral depending upon his/her understanding of the current code of morality.

Codes of morality have been around for a long time, and they keep changing in content as ignorance and superstition give way to enlightenment and rationality. Once upon a time, it was perfectly acceptable for a man to beat his wife and children if they “misbehaved,” i.e did not do as he ordered them to do. It was perfectly acceptable to hang/burn at the stake a woman who acted “strangely” (“thou shalt not suffer a witch to live” – Exodus 22:18). It was perfectly acceptable to own slaves and to punish them severely if they got too “uppity,” i.e. protested their treatment. It was perfectly acceptable to send children off to factories for eight hours a day instead of sending them off to schools. It was perfectly acceptable to send a person to prison if he could not pay his debts. And it was perfectly acceptable for a rich man to have a mistress, and break his marriage vows, so long as he paid his taxes and tithed to his house of worship of choice.

We don’t do those things anymore, do we, dear reader? Well, maybe that last one is still “on the books”! Those things aren’t acceptable anymore. Our code of morality has changed radically since those practices once reigned supreme.

One piece of the old moral code still remains, however. I’m sure Ms Solms is familiar with Leviticus 20:13 – “If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: They shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” I don’t know how many “queers” Ms Solms has killed so far, you’ll have to ask her, but this is the moral code to which she subscribes. Others have obeyed this “commandment,” and they often brag about it, in private, of course, because it is no longer acceptable amongst a growing segment of the population.

Homosexuality, as I have alluded to above, does not derive from a conscious choice. No LGBTQ person wakes up one morning and says to him/herself, “I think I’ll become a queer, because it’s cool to be one.” LGBTQ people were born that way and thus have no control over how they feel. It’s in their genetic code.

The human body carries a number of chromosomes, thread-like structures consisting of proteins and one molecule of DNA. Chromosomes transmit information which determines the appearance and function of every part of the body; this information derives from the genetic make-up of one’s parents. Each individual carries 23 pairs of chromosomes, one set from each parent. The 23rd pair, the Y and the X, called such because of their shape from one’s father and mother, respectively, govern the physical gender of the child. These chromosomes therefore secrete hormones which affect one’s mental outlook, i.e. masculinity or femininity. (quote 1)

Sometimes, however, the chromosomes are affected adversely, a chemical imbalance in the body, exposure to harmful radiation, or ingestion of a toxic substance, creating a mutation and upsetting the natural order of genetics. In the case of the sex chromosomes, the X may gain a few extra molecules of material, causing it to become a Y; similarly, a Y may lose a few molecules of material, causing it to become an X. (quote 2)

Consequently, hormones which never should have been are secreted, and the child behaves accordingly despite his/her physical appearance.
    This, dear reader, is why we have LGBTQ persons in our midst. The LGBTQ community might object to this analysis, but it is the only rational explanation of their condition. And besides, it serves to underpin their struggle to establish their identity in a hostile world. Misconceptions to the contrary notwithstanding, their lifestyle is not of their choosing. They must be what they are.

History has demonstrated that homosexuality was accepted in those nations where no patriarchal religion held sway and dominated the culture. In those nations, individuals were judged by how they behaved toward others, not by how they dressed or wore their hair; cosmopolitanism was the watchword (the so-called “Golden Rule,” if you will). Some day, it will be so in the U.S. of A., and enmity will be replaced by brother/sisterhood.

Just a thought."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2021, 07:28 PM
    "Homosexuality, as I have alluded to above, does not derive from a conscious choice. No LGBTQ person wakes up one morning and says to him/herself, “I think I’ll become a queer, because it’s cool to be one.” LGBTQ people were born that way and thus have no control over how they feel. It’s in their genetic code."
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2021, 07:31 PM
    Hopefully, you will admit your error.
    Plainly, it was a forlorn hope. I figured it was.

As to your quote above, it's just sheer guesswork, dear reader. It's just making a statement with no support provided at all. There is nothing of science at all.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2021, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    There is nothing of science at all.
    Of course there is. Talk honestly with someone associated with PFLAG.

PFLAG of Jackson, MS

1445 Clinton-Raymond Rd, Clinton, MS 39056

(601) 842-2274
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2021, 08:05 PM
    After that useless article, you really think I'm going to do your research for you? Not very likely. Call them yourself if you are interested.

I would actually agree that homosexuals by and large don't choose their sexual preferences. Why they feel as they do is a puzzle. Probably genetics play some relatively small part. More likely it is social environment, and I only say that because the genetic link has turned out to be largely a dead end. I imagine there is also a spiritual component. But I am certainly not going to be foolish and appeal to such non-scientific rubbish as hormone producing chromosomes!!

But I could be wrong. I'm sure there is a great deal more to learn.

You really should admit to your error.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2021, 08:15 PM
    You really should admit to your error.
    As I said, I'll consult with my very smart, savvy LGBTQ+ friends. You do the same.
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2021, 08:27 PM
    I'll consult with the science. You do the same.

I'm speaking of the error of being so certain that my quotes were not in the article you linked when they very plainly were. A simple "my mistake" would have been appropriate.

(Added Friday morning) Dear reader, do you find it remarkable that you seem to be so incapable of defending a position you have held for years that you have to resort to your, "very smart, savvy" gay friends? If the past is any reliable indicator, then I don't know that I should expect to see any effective response, but perhaps you will prove me wrong. I certainly hope that will be the case.

Interesting article on the nature vs. nurture debate. https://www.theguardian.com/science/...strangers-film
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2021, 10:19 AM
    (Added Friday morning) Dear reader, do you find it remarkable that you seem to be so incapable of defending a position you have held for years that you have to resort to your, "very smart, savvy" gay friends?
    My transgender woman friend has been through the entire medical process, is very well versed in what was done and why.

And I haven't held this position "for years".
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2021, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    economic hardship is not recognized as refugee . Trump was right .Keep them in Mexico and apply for status .Illegally crossing the border is not the way to apply.
    Back to the original topic. Extreme hardship has resulted from wars, hurricanes, floods, gang violence. It isn't people looking for a handout.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2021, 01:04 PM
    So your TG friend is well versed? And we should just accept that? Uhm…don’t think so.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2021, 01:36 PM
    umm eunuch has nothing to do with homosexuality . It's means he has had his gonads castrated . I was saying we have raised a generation of men with no balls . If I was going to be polite about it I would say they lack courage .It completely disgusts me that people watched and even videoed a rape and did nothing to stop it .
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2021, 03:13 PM
    For many people it would only be serious if Trumps name had been involved or Kavanaugh had been accused of it.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2021, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    In the meantime, the city of Philadelphia, a "sanctuary city", should be hanging their heads in shame. A woman is raped for over thirty minutes on a subway car. People stood by and watched and, even worse, filmed the "event" with their cell phones. They went through 26 stops before the police were somehow notified and made an arrest of the guy who was still engaged in his ruthless assault. This guy is an illegal immigrant that has a track record of a number of criminal acts. Any man in that car who stood by and did nothing should be completely ashamed of himself. What a pathetic tragedy.
    It completely disgusts me that people watched and even videoed a rape and did nothing to stop it .
    The narrative that passengers watched a man rape a woman on a train in suburban Philadelphia last week and “filmed it for their own gratification instead of calling the police” is false, the prosecutor handling the case said Thursday as he asked witnesses to come forward.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2021, 04:28 PM
    That they stood by for over thirty minutes and did nothing is beyond dispute and appalling. That he is an illegal alien is beyond dispute. That he had been arrested on a number of occasions before is beyond dispute. We will see about the cell phones.

The quote in your post did not come from the account in the post you referred to.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2021, 04:44 PM
    Why didn't she move to a different seat or just get off at the next stop? How was there room for these activities? Why didn't she yell for help?
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2021, 05:19 PM
    Yep. It was all her fault in your view. She had it coming didn’t she!! You ever try just getting off at the next stop while being raped?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2021, 05:22 PM
    Yep. It was all her fault in your view. She had it coming didn’t she!! You ever try just getting off at the next stop while being raped?
    It didn't get that far when it started happening to me. I moved away immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it considered cheating if we were technically broken up? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for about a year. We have had many drunken fights that have lead to him breaking up with me. Because of this I have felt that he never really loved me. After one of these break ups, I ended up sleeping with a mutual friend the next night, though I am closer to this...

Technically berift. [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: Facebook is HOT. I closed my page.. I don't twerp. I'm happy with 1G. I barely Google.. Am I destined to live a friend free life? excon

Is this technically cheating? [ 5 Answers ]

IF YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND WERE TOGETHER FOR 1 YEAR AND 4 MONTHS..AND U GUYS BROKE UP FOR A MONTH..HE SLEPT WITH A GIRL TWICE...DID HE TECHNICALLY CHEAT..WE BOTH THOUGHT IT WAS COMPLETELY OVER ESPECIALLY HIM??? DID HE CHEAT

What are cpu cases technically called? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I don't know how many of you have ever bought a CPU. The cpu is usually enclosed in a special plastic case that snaps open and shut. I am trying to buy these in bulk, but when I Google "cpu case" I can't find what I'm looking for. I want to know the term to search to be able to find these...

View more questions Search