Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2021, 03:36 PM
    What a lucky man he was
    Fed Chair Jerome Powell sold up to $$5 million in stock before October 2020 shortly before the market tanked . Robert Kaplan, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, and Eric Rosengren, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston – bought and sold stocks and real-estate tied assets last year as the central bank undertook aggressive policy action to shore up the economy. Kaplan traded millions of dollars of stock in companies, including Apple, Amazon and Google, while Rosengren traded in stocks and real estate investment trusts, according to financial disclosure forms. Both men resigned following the controversy. Powell still heads the Fed . Any move the Fed makes has an immediate impact on the stock market .
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2021, 04:32 AM
    Quid has to decide about re-nominating Powell. He is a favorite of leading Repubs and is opposed by the progressive wing of the Dems.

But his leadership of the Fed is the issue to me . His trade happened during negotiations of a covid stimulus package Madam Mim supported ; a plan Trump ultimately rejected but the Dems pushed through in December . Powell was pushing for the stimulus deal at the time he made the trades. Powell had contact with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin 4 times Oct 1 before the trades . Fed's self imposed "code of conduct" does not prevent such trades ;only discourages them (should be above reproach)

Previously Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Richard Clarida moved between $1 million and $5 million out of one mutual fund and into two other funds on Feb. 27, 2020, the day before Powell signaled a potential interest rate cut due to the pandemic. While these trades were happening in October ,the stock market was about to tank.

So the chair and major Fed members were getting rich from insider trading during the pandemic. That is a disqualifier no matter which party they are registered in .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2021, 04:57 AM
    Quid has to decide
    I'm not sure Biden is capable of making serious decisions. More likely his "handlers" have to make that decision.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2021, 06:18 AM
    Jerome Powell in testimony admitted his lie about inflation being transitory was just that, a lie. Because of his big lie investors were lulled into continuing to chase high stock returns when they should've been transitioning to safer investments. Because of his big lie, the value of American's money, that they have painstakingly saved erodes. Because of his big lie, all the wage gains these last few months have been eroded.
    The Fed 's task is clear. Their job is to ensure stable prices and a sound currency. Under his leadership they have miserably failed. He now belatedly will take steps to ease the Fed's loose money policy. . But it is too late to fix the problems those polices have done.Powell’s Fed has forced millions of Americans to choose whether to pay the mortgage, feed their families, fill up their gas tanks, heat their homes or buy Christmas presents. Instead of taking immediate action to address this crisis, the Fed has hidden behind Powell's “transitory” bs .

Clueless Joe has renominated Powell for the job. The only reason I have at all for supporting his nomination is that I dread to see who Clueless Joe would pick as his replacement.

]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Infertile or lucky? [ 1 Answers ]

Lucky 15 spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

How do you create a Lucky 15 bet in a spreadsheet with all the formula's? I'm stuck, Steve

ETG - Am I just a lucky guy?(DRBill100) [ 11 Answers ]

SWIM has failed one ETG in the past, the level was 222ng and the cutoff was 100ng. SWIM didn't try to dilute urine, creatinine was around 90. The mind blowing thing is, SWIM drink 11 tall boy beers or more only 37... yes 37 hours before the test. Now SWIM is at a different center where his cutoffs...

How lucky was he? [ 15 Answers ]

This is a story about a couple who had been happily married for years. The only friction in their marriage was the husband's habit of farting loudly every morning when he awoke. The noise would wake his wife and the smell would make her eyes water and make her gasp for air. Every morning she...

Lucky Bamboo.. not so lucky? [ 4 Answers ]

I bought some of that "lucky bamboo". Its soooo easy to take care of. Ive got it here at my office. Away from direct sun light. Water it with "room temper" water.. thats from bottle water, not tap water. Ive followed directions to a T. Now.. only 3 days later.. some of the tips of the leaves...

View more questions Search