Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2021, 06:54 AM
    Media coverage is fair now?
    Earth to Jackie Calmes: Media coverage now is already heavily slanted towards left wing causes.

Los Angeles Times columnist Jackie Calmes published an opinion piece titled "Why journalists are failing the public with ‘both-siderism’ in political coverage." Calmes, a New York Times reporter before joining the Los Angeles Times, called out "journalistic pressure" to produce seemingly balanced stories that prevents journalists from reporting what she referred to as "the new truth."
    She targeted journalists who "focus critically on President Biden and Democrats" as opposed to "Republicans’ obstructions."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/libera...-both-siderism
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2021, 01:26 PM
    Journalists like the Compost's Perry Bacon Jr dropped any pretext of objectivity a long time ago. After the election he got bold and said that the press has a mission that goes beyond presenting unbiased reporting . He defends it by arguing that the liberal POV and commentary is the only unbiased truth .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2021, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    JHe defends it by arguing that the liberal POV and commentary is the only unbiased truth .
    When the truth concerning Trump's bizarre presidency is reported accurately, the Trump cultists on the far right see it as "liberal left-wing" BS. It is a sad commentary on what the FOX-style media has become in their disdain for anything anti-Trump even when it's absolutely true and backed by fact.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2021, 04:45 AM
    even when it's absolutely true and backed by fact.
    You mean like the silly and unproven Trump and Russia collusion fairy tale?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kerry questions media over Tea Party coverage. [ 75 Answers ]

John Kerry, the richest person in congress, believes the media should not give coverage to the Tea Party: If the media needs stop giving equal time to absurd notions, they need to begin with you, Lurch. Who the hell are you to decide what's legitimate? {Mod Note: Title edited from...

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12: Media State : Media disconnected [ 5 Answers ]

My computer that is connected to my router gets the internet, but all other wireless things (laptops, wii, etc.) won't connect to the inter net. When I go to command and do ipconfig I get Microsoft Windows Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\sai...

Media State. :media disconnected [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My computer won't connect to the internet it says that a newtwork cable is unplugged although the internet works perfectly well. I tried cmd config /renew and it says the same thing. Does anyone know why my computer won't connect to the internet?

Media coverage [ 3 Answers ]

A new study "released Monday from the Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ) and Harvard’s Shorenstein Center, found newspapers and broadcast TV outlets devoted far more time to covering the Democratic candidates than the Republicans and that the tone of those stories was much more favorable to...

View more questions Search