Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2021, 03:07 AM
    Quid finally gets his boat parade
    Except that they just sit there at sea .

According to CBS ,"A growing number of shipments are stuck at sea because of supply chain issues, leading to growing concern that holiday shipments may not arrive in time. Container ships are crowding ports from New York to Los Angeles, where 250,000 containers are floating off the coast waiting to be unloaded,"

U.S. ports face record backlog ahead of holiday shopping - CBS News

He also has his trucker and rail parades stuck on hold . According to the Washington Compost , "Ships wait off the California coast, unable to unload their cargo. Truckers are overworked and overwhelmed, often confronting logjams. Rail yards have also been clogged, with trains at one point backed up 25 miles outside a key Chicago facility,"

Covid pandemic is not the supply chains’ only problem - Washington Post

Supply chain transportation issues should be under the perusal of the the 58,000 employed and $87 billion budgeted Dept of Transportation under the leadership of Mayor Pete . So where is he ?

Mayor Pete has been in the news as I posted . He made a big show of adopting twins staging photo ops in a birthing bed . He calls parenting twins one of the most demanding jobs he has ever done .
    “I used to think of 5 a.m. as early. Now, I think of it as naptime if I’m lucky,”

Buttigieg on parenthood: 'Most demanding thing' I’ve ever done (nbcnews.com)

Good thing he has his priorities in order . Parenting twins a tough job . Overseeing a transportation crisis ? He's a no show.

When asked what he is doing about it on the compliant media's Morning Joe show he said "a task force," was created and they have "held roundtables." Sorta the Kam the Sham border plan .

Quid had his number during the Dem primaries . In one of his campaign ads he mocked Mayor Pete's experience ..
    "Both Vice President Biden and former 'Mayor Pete' have helped shape our economy. Joe Biden helped save the auto industry, ..,,,." " Buttigieg revitalized the sidewalks of downtown South Bend by laying out decorative brick."

Joe Biden's campaign mocks Pete Buttigieg's experience in new attack ad - CNNPolitics

But Quid had to reward Mayor Pete for dropping our of the race early(and for checking off a box as being the 1st gay Cabinet member confirmed ) ;and Mayor Pete did have experience because while serving in the National Guard ,he was part of the car pool in Afghanistan. So of course that made him qualified to run one of the most important government agencies .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2021, 04:39 AM
    When I see what this inept clown in the WH is doing to our country, it's just sickening. "Mayor Pete" in charge of transportation and KH in charge of the southern border. What comforting thoughts. PB's only qualification is that he's a homosexual, and KH's only qualification is that she is a AA female. What a way to pick a team.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2021, 05:28 AM
    Mayor Pete takes a lighthearted approach to the crisis . When asked about the shortages right before the Holiday season he yucked
    "I think there have always been two kinds of Christmas shoppers," he said. "There’s the ones who have all their list completed by Halloween, and then there’s people like me who show up at the mall on Christmas Eve…if you’re in that latter bucket, obviously there’s going to be more challenges."

To that Senator Cotton replied ;

"The White House is saying that that's you're probably not going to be able to get everything you want for Christmas," "Well, I mean, who's going to save Christmas for Americans? Pete Buttigieg? I mean, please. Pete Buttigieg couldn't organize a one-car funeral. He's not going to organize our nation's ports and railroads and highways and airports."
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2021, 02:44 AM
    While the supply chain crisis grew worse, the ports backed up, the trucker shortage became acute, airline workers walked out, and gas prices skyrocketed, Mayor Pete has actually been on paid leave since mid-August to spend time with his husband, and their two newborn babies.
    “For the first four weeks, he was mostly offline except for major agency decisions and matters that could not be delegated,” said a spokesperson for the Department of Transportation. “He has been ramping up activities since then.” As he does that, Buttigieg will “continue to take some time over the coming weeks to support his husband and take care of his new children,”

Can Pete Buttigieg have it all? - POLITICO

If you can take two months off as a cabinet secretary, you're not important enough to keep.
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2021, 03:16 AM
    Quid's Chief of Staff Ron Klain retweeted a post that called inflation a "high class problem " It is just the opposite . It is a defacto tax imposed on those that can afford it least middle America ,poor America and Americans on fixed incomes .
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2021, 03:20 AM
    Just get ready. The Biden freight train with its carload of excuses is just now leaving the station.

In your view what is the reason for this massive backlog of container ships?
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2021, 04:08 AM
    A combination of issues .
    Shortage of dock workers
    pent up demand
    covid restrictions here and in Asia

My biggest beef is the continued reliance on a supply chain that relies on shipping goods across the largest ocean . This should've been addressed years ago
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2021, 05:40 PM
    Rethought the whole issue today. I want all of Quid's appointees to go on paternity/maternity leave permanently
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2021, 08:03 PM
    That would certainly help!!
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2021, 05:31 AM
    Terry Nguyen at Vox has the solution to the supply chain issue .......stop spending .

The supply chain crisis should change our holiday shopping habits - Vox

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recourse on a boat dealer that broke my boat [ 1 Answers ]

I brought my boat to a registered colbalt dealer in the beginning of April. They looked at boat and said it was minimal fixing (just a few hoses) and quoted me a price. In May when it was supposed to be done I got no answer. Waited two more weeks (missed having our boat on Memorial weekend) and...

Why does toy poodle parade with dog biscuit? [ 12 Answers ]

Sheeler (means "smile happy" in Chinese) is our used poodle from the Denver Dumb Friend's League (Dumb name.) Neutered, 4.8 lbs. 2 years old when we adopted him. Now 7. When we give him a dog biscuit, he walks around making vocalizations and seemingly showing everyone that 'I have a dog biscuit...

How to stop those who like to rain on your parade [ 9 Answers ]

A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband.. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded: " Rome ? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty.. You're crazy to go to Rome . So, how are you getting there?" "We're taking...

Anyone collect Cow Parade? [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering... I don't know anyone else who does. I have around 20, I think, but none of the newer cows.

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

View more questions Search