Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2021, 01:11 PM
    Quid's mouthpiece explains what he meant to say
    So a bunch of activists did not like that Sen [Sinema was not a goose stepping in lock step Dem. So they cornered her in a bathroom and harassed her . Quid was asked about it and his reply was that was "part of the process." He got called out on it . Peggy Noonan wrote in WSJ :

His statement on Sen. Kyrsten Sinema being harassed in a ladies’ room by activists who hissed like the devil’s imps was wan and passive-aggressive: “I don’t think they’re appropriate tactics, but it happens to everybody. . . . It’s part of the process.” It doesn’t happen to everybody and to announce it is part of the process is to make it part of the process. It was as if he were saying: Yeah, she’s got me mad. Hound her some more.
    Progressives Hold the Capital Captive - WSJ

To the rescue came Jen Psaki who in her Baghdad Bob style told us what Quid MEANT to say :

Q Thanks. I just wanted to come back to the — the incident — the protest that happened with Senator Sinema over the weekend and whether that’s something that the White House or the President has been thinking more about since then.
    MS. PSAKI: Sure. I mean, I would say, I talked to the President about this, maybe two days ago — it’s all running together; in the last few days, I would say — and what he conveyed very clearly — just in case there’s any confusion about where he stands — is that, while, of course, we all agree — and as Senator Sinema said herself — the right to free speech and to protest is sacred to our country, he believes that what happened to her crossed the line and was absolutely unacceptable and flat out wrong to violate someone’s personal space in a bathroom. It doesn’t need to happen that way. We can peacefully protest without it crossing that line.
    So that continues to be his point of view.
    Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki, October 8, 2021 | The White House

So what he actually said was the harassments was part of the process .But what he meant was that it was completely unacceptable and flat our wrong . ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 11, 2021, 01:20 PM
    ...flat out wrong to violate someone’s personal space in a bathroom.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2021, 02:17 PM
    So what he actually said was the harassments was part of the process .But what he meant was that it was completely unacceptable and flat our wrong .
    It's one of the niceties of diminished mental acuity. You can always change your mind, or in this case someone else can change your mind. Every day is a new day. How else can a person explain his conclusion that the Afghanistan withdrawal was an “extraordinary success?” Yep. It ranked right up there with Pearl Harbor in the annals of American military successes.

It just amazes me how many people there are whose analysis of a person's actions pretty much start and stop with his identification as "Trump" or "Biden". So what is an outrage in one case becomes wonderful in the other case.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2021, 04:41 AM
    .flat out wrong to violate someone’s personal space in a bathroom.
    But according to Quid it is "part of the process"
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2021, 05:00 AM
    Correct. It's part of the process unless, of course, it's NOT part of the process.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2021, 08:39 AM
    flat out wrong to violate someone’s personal space in a bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But according to Quid it is "part of the process"
    And according to Republicans, it's part of the process if someone is transgender.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2021, 10:18 AM
    What repub has said that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2021, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    What repub has said that?
    All you have to do is google "republicans transgender bathrooms" (without quote marks) and you'll pull up pages of websites.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2021, 10:46 AM
    Just the usual reply. "What repub has said that?" Answer basically is, "I have no idea. Do my research for me and find out yourself." Well, no thank you. If you don't know, then just say you don't know.

We do know that the pres is utterly unconcerned about people following a female Senator into a women's restroom and filming her. That we know for certain. No one has to google it. It is clearly true. It's just, "part of the process."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2021, 11:08 AM
    Just the usual reply. "What repub has said that?" Answer basically is, "I have no idea. Do my research for me and find out yourself." Well, no thank you. If you don't know, then just say you don't know.
    If I post links, you refuse to read them or say the source isn't worthy of expounding on that topic. If I post text, you find one or two words that you spin to make them negate everything in the article (but they don't). Thus, I urge you to use good keywords such as the ones I noted.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2021, 11:13 AM
    I asked a simple question. "What repub has said that?" I asked for no links, but just a simple answer. You don't know an answer. Why not just admit it? Instead, you blame your problem on someone else. Too bad.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2021, 11:29 AM
    I asked a simple question. "What repub has said that?" I asked for no links, but just a simple answer. You don't know an answer.
    Rep. Mary Miller (R-IL)
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2021, 11:32 AM
    You are referring to this? "Rep. Mary Miller (R-IL) issued a press release for H.R. 1417, the Safety and Opportunity for Girls Act (SOGA), which she says would ban schools from allowing transgender students from using the bathroom or locker room that aligns with their gender identity and instead force them to use facilities associated with their sex assigned at birth."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2021, 11:39 AM
    You are referring to this? "Rep. Mary Miller (R-IL) issued a press release for H.R. 1417, the Safety and Opportunity for Girls Act (SOGA), which she says would ban schools from allowing transgender students from using the bathroom or locker room that aligns with their gender identity and instead force them to use facilities associated with their sex assigned at birth."
    That's only one.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2021, 11:42 AM
    Ok. Where does she suggest a person follow a TG person into a bathroom and film/harass that person? Did I miss that part?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2021, 11:46 AM
    Ok. Where does she suggest a person follow a TG person into a bathroom and film/harass that person? Did I miss that part?
    She doesn't need to. Republicans automatically follow that person in and harass them.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2021, 11:53 AM
    So it still comes down to you have no answer. The question was, "What repub has said that?" You just admitted the person you referred to did not say that. "She doesn't need to." Why the dishonesty? And how do you know that repubs, "automatically follow that person in and harass them?" Is that just an opinion, or can you document it? The harassment of Sinema is documented. Do you have similar documentation to support your statement that repubs "automatically" do so? That's sure seems to be a really bitter and plainly false statement.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2021, 12:23 PM
    Do you have similar documentation to support your statement that repubs "automatically" do so? That's sure seems to be a really bitter and plainly false statement.
    Put on a dress, high heels, a wig, and lipstick, then go into a women's public washroom. Let me know what happens.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2021, 01:12 PM
    repubs say that transformer men have no business being in girls bathrooms . I agree

I really have no response beyond that because keeping separate bathrooms should be self evident . It is creepy to suggest anything else.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2021, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    ... keeping separate bathrooms should be self evident . It is creepy to suggest anything else.
    I agree.

Hate to disagree with my friend WG, but when I must, I must.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

That explains it! [ 7 Answers ]

For anyone who has wondered at UN decision making, here is a possible answer US wants drunken diplomats to tone it down - ABC News They are all plssed out of their minds. I don't think that nations should be subsidising this sort of behaviour. We expect that the UN is a centre of sober and...

That explains it [ 6 Answers ]

NSW Minister Verity Firth's husband Matthew Chesher charged over drugs | News.com.au For a long time we have thought there must be a logical explantion for the behaviour of the NSW government, now here from one of their own is the explanation Airing your dirty linen two months before an...

That explains it [ 0 Answers ]

NSW Minister Verity Firth's husband Matthew Chesher charged over drugs | News.com.au For a long time we have thought there must be a logical explantion for the behaviour of the NSW government, now here from one of their own is the explanation Airing your dirty linen two months before an...

FOR MEN.. It explains it all. [ 6 Answers ]

=: Because I'm a Man := (a public service message) * Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car, I will fiddle with a coat hanger long after hypothermia has set in. Calling AAA is not an option. I will win. * Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop...

13 year old.explains it all, I'm sure. [ 14 Answers ]

My 13 year old daughter has had a total transformation from last year. We are only into school 8 weeks, and she's been in trouble all the time, she talks back to her teachers, her grades are very poor and she doesn't seem to care. What bothers me a lot, well a lot is bothering me about it but,...

View more questions Search