Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2021, 01:57 PM
    The only options right now are to make the pandemic somehow less serious in the future than it is now. The vax would seem to be part of that plan, but if we all wake up in five years with an extra hand growing out one of our ears, then it might look a little different. Now that is facetious, but other long term health problems are certainly possible.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2021, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    good thing they are not our elected leaders then. Epidemiologists don't have to concern themselves about the balance of public safety and individual liberty . They are more like Herr Doctor Fauci dressing up like the Soup Nazi for Halloween ... " No Christmas For You " !!!!!!!
    I'm always amazed at how the fringe right treats this decent public servant like a Nazi. If you're looking for a Nazi, look no further than Mar-a-Lago.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 12, 2021, 04:03 PM
    What I dont understand is if it is so bad not to get the shot then why did they start exempting people from getting it like the postal service ?
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2021, 04:10 PM
    Welcome Cdad.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 12, 2021, 04:15 PM
    Thank you. It has been a long time since I logged in.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2021, 05:26 PM
    What I dont understand is if it is so bad not to get the shot then why did they start exempting people from getting it like the postal service ?
    This is a case where the compliant press' fact checkers did not fact check their own . The Washington Compost's Jacob Bogage

I understand however where he screwed up . Quid with the spine of a jelly fish did not want to alienate a powerful union . So he "forgot " to mention the postal workers have to comply to his EO . The cover was that although Quid did not say the postal workers had to comply ;that in fact they had to comply with OSHA directives. Technically they are not directly hired by the government and that is where the confusion came from.

The reporter buried the correction in the paper and did a tweet .
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2021, 05:19 AM
    26 fire houses in NYC are not operating due to vax mandate staffing shortages. WTG Sandinista Bill ! Fire fighters rather than getting the vax or get fired have opted to stage sick outs. They are going to use all their benefit time before getting canned . Keep in mind that these essential workers stayed on the job while the city was being ravaged by covid to a point that tent hospitals were set up in Central Park ;an emergency hospital was set up in the Javits Center , hospitals in Brooklyn were lining up meat trucks to cold storage corpses ,and the US government sent a hospital ship to the city .
    They are being rewarded for their heroic actions with the threat of being fired for refusing an experimental medical procedure Maybe firefighters capable of protecting the citie complicated structures are simply a dime a dozen and easily replaceable with volunteers from Long Island and Westchester . But I don't think so.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2021, 11:11 AM
    They are being rewarded for their heroic actions with the threat of being fired for refusing an experimental medical procedure
    What is the experimental medical procedure they are refusing?
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2021, 04:18 PM
    I don't care that the FDA was pressured to give the vaccines full approval . The clinical trials the FDA typically will rely on to decide whether to license often last for two years or longer to collect adequate data to establish that the vaccines are safe and effective enough for the FDA to license.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2021, 04:34 AM
    I don't care that the FDA was pressured to give the vaccines full approval . The clinical trials the FDA typically will rely on to decide whether to license often last for two years or longer to collect adequate data to establish that the vaccines are safe and effective enough for the FDA to license.
    According to you, the paperwork wasn't done so the vaccination program is an "experimental medical procedure" that firefighters should refuse.

I can hardly find words to describe this comment.

Le the facts speak for themselves: In 2021, a month after the US began administering the COVID vaccine, 99.5% of deaths from the virus were from the unvaccinated. That includes the Delta variant.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2021, 05:21 AM
    In 2021, a month after the US began administering the COVID vaccine, 99.5% of deaths from the virus were from the unvaccinated. That includes the Delta variant.
    Age is still the greatest contributor. As CDC data below shows clearly, those unvaccinated and over 65 are far and away at greatest risk. For those below 65, even for the unvaxed, the death rates plummet. As MLK said, "Let freedom ring." An unvaxed person only puts him/herself and any other unvaxed person they might come in contact with at risk. I would recommend they take the vaccination, but mandates? Not hardly.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...vaccine-status
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2021, 05:23 AM
    NYC is going to be very sad when NYPD officers opt to go t work for a welcoming Suffolk County where they will not be forced to take a vax they don't want.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2021, 05:30 AM
    People are very slow to learn. Detroit, after sixty years of democrat mayors, has lost 60% of its population. Entire square miles of once thriving neighborhoods now are filled with grasslands. It's one of the sad events of our time, and yet they still insist on voting in liberal dem mayors and city councils. Unreal.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2021, 06:01 AM
    NYC is going to be very sad when NYPD officers opt to go t work for a welcoming Suffolk County where they will not be forced to take a vax they don't want.
    In that case, they can continue endangering themselves and everyone they come in contact with including their families and friends. Seems like a drastic decision to lose their job because of a vaccine they don't want to take. What's next - refusing to pay taxes because they don't want to be forced to pay?
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2021, 06:06 AM
    They will have jobs with equal pay initially and better pay as they get tenure .They will be in a community that respects law enforcement and their right to make medical decisions will not be violated .
    Suffolk hiring over 700 cops, including possible NYPD officers (nypost.com)
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2021, 06:06 AM
    In that case, they can continue endangering themselves and everyone they come in contact with including their families and friends.
    Except that is not true. Only the unvaxed family and friends would be put in danger. They could choose to take the vax if they wanted.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2021, 06:51 AM
    their right to make medical decisions will not be violated .
    I wonder if their children will be forced to be vaccinated for school violating their right to make medical decisions.
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2021, 11:44 AM
    do they mandate vax for the flu ? That would be the question . What other corona virus do they mandate vax for ? They don't because it would be silly to do so .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2021, 11:56 AM
    do they mandate vax for the flu ? That would be the question . What other corona virus do they mandate vax for ? They don't because it would be silly to do so .
    Vaccinations and boosters are required for MMR, polio, chicken pox, whopping cough, tetanus, and many other diseases/conditions. Why not covid-19?
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2021, 12:08 PM
    Those are all proven vaccines. Covid 19 is not, and there is also not a compelling reason for otherwise healthy children to be vaxed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my Girlfriend selfish or am I the selfish one? [ 3 Answers ]

I'll start by saying sorry if I'm all over the place with this but just try and bear with me! So in the beginning of our relationship everything was great and we fell in love almost right away. We always saw each other and wanted to be together. I'm a very affectionate and loving Guy and I hide...

People feel dizzy by the anti glare lenses [ 2 Answers ]

Why do I feel dizzy when I am in a classroom wearing my anti-glare glases?

I'm anti drug.he's not so anti. [ 7 Answers ]

Im not an idiot. Basically Im with a guy, who Im in love with. He treats me very well.We have great trust for each other.Its all good, except Im totally anti drug.. and he enjoys the occasional buzz we'll say.. I don't know what to do.To stay or not?

Selfish, self-centered boyfriend=selfish, self-centered husband [ 6 Answers ]

My husband has done many things to hurt me. To begin, he lied about who he was when we were dating. We were young and in college; he pretended to not smoke, get drunk, and go to church regularly. Thus, we seemed to have so much in common. We talked for hours; he swept me off my feet with...

What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Just curious as to what works best for you? Take care, Happy Holidays to you and yours

View more questions Search