Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2021, 03:08 AM
    Quid declares war on American parents
    His DOJ considers parents doing their civic duties by voicing their opinion about radical leftist curriculum at school board meetings as equivalent to domestic terrorists . Any physical threats to teachers or school board members is already against the law. Actual violence is miniscule and the exception that local law enforcement could easily handle ,

The left's instinct is to outlaw thought they don't agree with .
    AG Garland in a Senate hearing announced that the DOJ will be holding “strategy sessions” on how to deal with these alleged threats to school boards and teachers Garland is bringing in US Attorneys and the FBI into controlling this latest threat to the lefty agenda .CRT and the 1619 project has to be defended at all costs .
    The pandemic has exposed the radical agenda for all parents to see. They sit in and watch the zoom classes .

Quid's escalation of this to a national threat is intended to intimidate the parents exercising their 1st amendment rights of speech, Voice your opinion at a school board meeting may mean the FBI will show up at your door .

Meanwhile Quid's mouthpiece considers stalking Senator Sinema into rest rooms as part of the process.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2021, 06:10 AM
    Such a good point. The woman in Virginia who pointed out that books available to middle school students not only described, but depicted in drawings men and boys engaging in sex. You would think that someone in government would be outraged at that, or that there would be talk of bringing charges against the publisher and author, but rather it is the lady objecting to the books who has become the target of the corrupt Biden DOJ. It shows yet again that a vote for Biden is a vote against the welfare of children.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2021, 02:53 AM
    As much as I savage Yertl for his cave in about the debt ceiling ;I have to praise his prescience for blocking the emperor's nomination of Garland to SCOTUS .

Garland the trojan horse "moderate technocrat " defender of civil liberties has shown his true colors . He still has Capitol trespassers locked up without due process months after the crime .He is blocking the release to the public of the videos taken by the Capitol security that would make or break the Dems argument about what actually occurred there .

And now he again proves his anti-Constitutional cred by going after parents exercising their 1sr amendment right of speech and assembly . I don't know exactly when the Jacobin Committee of Public Safety with their own version of 'Law of 22 Prairial ' took over the Justice Dept. We had a brief reprieve when Barr tried to restore the department to it's proper role . They again have one of their own at the head of the department .

The most Garland ( Robespierre ) as AG will be able to lead his reign of terror is 8 years That is long enough .Just imagine him with a lifetime appointment .
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2021, 05:58 AM
    And as it turns out ,Garland has a conflict of interests . His son in law Alexander Tanner, is the co-founder of Panorama Education, a company that has multimillion contracts with school boards peddling CRT education to them. The company was funded by Fakebook's Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Pricilla Chan through the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI)
    CZI is a major funder for the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL), a Chicago-based education organization.
    They in turn push Transformative Social and Emotional Learning (TSEL) that encourage students to obsess about their race and supposed gender identities. So that gives you an idea of what forms of education the Zuckerberg "charity " supports .

Garland is set to criminalize opposition to that ,
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2021, 06:21 AM
    And as it turns out ,Garland has a conflict of interests . His son in law Alexander Tanner, is the co-founder of Panorama Education, a company that has multimillion contracts with school boards peddling CRT education to them. The company was funded by Fakebook's Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Pricilla Chan through the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI)
    Now isn't that interesting? You can be sure that liberal dems will pay no attention whatsoever to it. If it had happened with Trump, then their hair would be on fire.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2021, 05:35 AM
    So we have another numbnut who says that parents should not have a say in their child's education.

"I don't really understand this idea that parents should decide what's being taught. I'm not a professional educator. I don't have a degree in social studies."

Who is saying this ? Well none other than the Slimes columnist Nikole Hannah-Jones ,the person who invented the 1619 project,the grossly distorted and inaccurate view of American history . But she admits she is not an educator .So her standards are a bit on the double side .

I’m not a professional educator. I don’t have a degree in social studies or science ”“We send our children to school because we want them to be taught by people who have an expertise in the subject area, and that is not my job,”

Full Nikole Hannah-Jones: 'We Should Be Uncomfortable With The Hard Parts Of Our Past' - YouTube

She was on 'Meet the compliant Press' to promote her fantasy telling of American history that has now been made into a book.

The 1619 Project: A New Origin Story: Hannah-Jones, Nikole, The New York Times Magazine, Roper, Caitlin, Silverman, Ilena, Silverstein, Jake: 9780593230572: Amazon.com: Books

“When the governor or the candidate said that he didn’t think parents should be deciding what’s being taught in school, he was panned for that, but that’s just the fact .This is why we send our children to school and don’t homeschool, because these are the professional educators, who have the expertise to teach social studies, to teach history, to teach science, to teach literature, and I think we should leave that to the educators.”

Maybe I am not qualified to speak on this because I am not an educator either .Maybe as a taxpayer who pays for the service ,I am not qualified to address this even though I dare say I have had as much education about American history ,if not more ,than your average K-12 history teacher . I also have no experience in the military so I should have no say in how government allocates and spends military funding. I have no experience pumping oil . So I should have no say in our energy policy . I could go on and on .But you see where this is headed . You simple minded sheeple should just accept what the "experts " tell us and passively let them get on with the business of running our lives .Trust the nanny state .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    So we have another numbnut who says that parents should not have a say in their child's education.
    That's why PTA exists (or used to be why). That's why there are parent-teacher conferences at the end of a grading period and as needed. And yes, parents can request meetings with teachers. And all the aforementioned are not only about the student's behavior and performance, but can also be about the curriculum being used and the lessons taught. (Yes, I was a state certified school teacher before I was a librarian.)
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2021, 11:40 AM
    and what say did the parent of pubic school students have about curriculum at the PTA ? diddly and squat .They can advocate .They have no power to enact .
    I am not an educator but I know a lot about public policy .

The authority to decide curriculum lies in the state DOE's Secondary ;and far below the power of the state, is the individual school district . Teachers abide by curriculum and do not enact their own curriculum .They are limited by whatever restrictions the district deems necessary. There may be some leeway in methodology .But I believe that has been narrowed over time based on the obsession with student performance standard testing .

This may be less of an issue in private schools where decisions are largely made at the administrative level .From what I hear ;teacher's input ,and parent associations have more influence at the private school level.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 01:04 PM
    This may be less of an issue in private schools where decisions are largely made at the administrative level .From what I hear ;teacher's input ,and parent associations have more influence at the private school level.
    And in parochial schools. And, unfortunately, the times and curriculum creation have changed for the worse since the late '60s. Students are no longer taught penmanship, how to diagram sentences, given poems and the Preamble to the Constitution and the times tables to memorize.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2021, 02:20 PM
    yeah, the good ole days when I could recite the prepositions in alphabetical order without having a clue what is a preposition. I totally agree curriculum has been dumbed down to accommodate the lowest common denominator. The memorization of math came in handy later on when I was in upper grades and my peers were reaching for their Texas Instrument calculators .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2021, 02:26 PM
    So how can we change that and thus improve education? Unfortunately, there are now several generations of teachers who never learned anything worthwhile. And college has become a joke. My younger son "earned" three (mostly worthless) master's degrees, mostly online.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2021, 02:46 PM
    well now we have come full circle. When revisionists like Nikole Hannah-Jones stop being taken seriously then there is a chance. This is why I applaud the parents movement that began when remote education took hold of the nation during the pandemic . Before then the education establishment did it's best to disguise the indoctrination they were foisting on the American youth . Parents got a wiff of what rubbish their children were being taught and have rebelled .

As we transition away from the pandemic hysteria it is my hope that the parents don't lose their new found interest in their children's education .
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2021, 04:12 PM
    Students are no longer taught penmanship, how to diagram sentences, given poems and the Preamble to the Constitution and the times tables to memorize.
    Penmanship is still taught in our state. I imagine most teachers still use some sentence diagramming but I'm not sure it is a necessity. Times tables are taught practically everywhere. I'm not sure about poems and the Preamble.

Unfortunately, there are now several generations of teachers who never learned anything worthwhile.
    You have a somewhat valid point there but you took it many miles too far.

And college has become a joke. My younger son "earned" three (mostly worthless) master's degrees, mostly online.
    Depends on the major. I would agree completely in the Social Sciences. I would not agree in areas such as medicine, engineering, and biological sciences. I would think an MBA is still quite valuable.

Might add that the most valid measure of educational improvement (or recession) is NAEP. It shows that student achievement had been consistently rising until we made the foolish decision to move to online "learning" in public schools.

https://www.nationsreportcard.gov/ltt/?age=9
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2021, 01:35 PM
    well now we have come full circle. When revisionists like Nikole Hannah-Jones stop being taken seriously then there is a chance. This is why I applaud the parents movement that began when remote education took hold of the nation during the pandemic . Before then the education establishment did it's best to disguise the indoctrination they were foisting on the American youth . Parents got a wiff of what rubbish their children were being taught and have rebelled .

As we transition away from the pandemic hysteria it is my hope that the parents don't lose their new found interest in their children's education .
    We haven't come full circle yet, not even close. Only a small segment of conservatives have bought into the white washed version of American history. We're just getting started with the more accurate narrative than is more inclusive of everyone's experience in the building of a nation.
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2021, 03:43 AM
    I will agree with Hannah-Jones about one thing. She lacks the expertise . The truth is that instead of preserving a slaveocracy as she claims ;the American Revolution drove a wedge into the slaveocracy that was irrevocable . Freed from the Brit yoke ,Abolitionists in 5 former colony states ,the new states of Vermont and Maine and in the new western territories rapidly gained votes to end slavery .

Hannah-Jones ' s propaganda disguised as historic treatise has no place in American schools ,poisoning the minds of our youth . Your average grade school child does not have the critical reasoning skills necessary to critique her steaming pile .Slavery can be honestly and accurately taught without her lies and distortions .

Her book deserves a place in the garbage heap along with the other distortion of American history ;The ' People's History of the United States' . Both try to advance a political agenda rather than to portray a historically accurate depiction of our history At least Howard Zinn the author of 'People's History' admits that his work is ideologically driven,
    Expert

Dec 30, 2021, 05:50 AM
    Let's drop the rhetorical nonsense and get to your factual rejection of HJ's so called propaganda. I can go along with the revolution being a turning point for future change, far future in terms of time, since almost a century went by before that change resulted in the civil war, which freed slaves but didn't liberate them. Even through the 60's, another century, change is still slow as ever.

Whose ideological agenda is being served?
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2021, 06:03 AM
    The greatest threats to black America are the disintegration of the family, violent communities, and being trapped in low-performing schools. The day is long past when legal discrimination is a major impediment.
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2021, 06:44 AM
    The Civil war was fought by the children and grandchildren of the Revolution. The Revolution generated unprecedented debates about the morality of slavery and its compatibility with the founding principles .

If you go by HJ's calculations, then it took over 150 years from her founding date to the revolution and almost 250 years from her founding date to emancipation .

It was the values of the founders that propelled the change . Too slow in your estimation but propelled nonetheless. Half the new states began the process immediately after the revolution.1777, Vermont's constitution outlawed it . Massachusetts and New Hampshire also outlawed slavery 6 year later. Pennsylvania passed a law outlining a process of gradual emancipation in 1780.New York and New Jersey, where slavery was more prevalent, pass gradual emancipation laws 1799 and 1804. Before the Republic was founded; the Northwest Ordinance in 1787, which organized new territory west of the Appalachian Mountains and north of the Ohio River, prohibited slaveholders from bring slaves into the territory . The dominance that the slave holding states in the south had at the beginning of the Republic gradually weakened. .Emancipation was inevitable . The trans-Atlantic slave trade was abolished by the Constitution in 1808 .
    The flaw in all this revisionism is that 21st century values are attributed to people of the 17th and 18th century. The founding of America propelled the changes . That is the lesson that should be taught .
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2021, 06:54 AM
    The flaw in all this revisionism is that 21st century values are attributed to people of the 17th and 18th century. The founding of America propelled the changes . That is the lesson that should be taught .
    Very accurate observation.
    Expert

Dec 30, 2021, 07:53 AM
    An interesting WHITE perspective that completely ignores the minority experience of America spanning centuries and generations like it doesn't count for crap. Really? May as well keep the WHITE ONLY signs out in public view. Not saying some progress hasn't been made, but hardly enough to justify mlssion accomplished. Not nearly enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was born in France of American parents and have been a US citizen for many years. [ 2 Answers ]

Can I obtain dual citizenship and if so, what process do I follow?

How to obtain french citizenship if born in france of american parents [ 1 Answers ]

How to obtain french citizenship if born in france of american parents

Born in france to american parents. [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get a French citizenship if I was born in France, lived in France for 8 years, speak French and will be returning to France to teach English and as a music artist? Do you know if I have to be living in France first to qualify? My parents are both from the U.S. Thank you so much :-)

Obama declares war [ 9 Answers ]

During yesterday's radio address the President declared that we are engaged in a "War on a Far-Reaching Network of Violence and Hatred" (WFNVH). The President admitted that we have been fighting in the Yemen front of this WFNVH ;but will ask Congress to add additional funding for the WFNVH .Of his...

Green card for parents if the child is an American citizen [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been here for two years under J1, respectively J2 visas. Our visas will expire next year. While here, our son was born, so he is an American citizen. Is there any possibility that we can stay here legally under a different visa (or applying for green card), after J1 and J2...

View more questions Search