Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2021, 11:14 AM
    Republican Trump Cultists Allied with McConnell to Derail Social Security
    Strange bedfellows Trump Cultists and McConnell are in collusion to default on the debt causing untold misery for 30,000,000 Americans receiving Social Security payments.

The unforgivable irony is that the incurred debt represents about $700 billion under Biden so far and $8 TRILLION under Trump. That's TRILLION with a "T"!

Add to that the fact that the Democrats voted three times to increase the debt ceiling under Trump to avoid financial disaster.

What more proof is needed to show that the Republican Trump Cultists are trying to overthrow the government and replace it with a Trump dictatorship.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2021, 04:08 AM
    A gov shutdown does not end or delay SS payments in any way. Funding of SS is not dependent on day to day operations of government . This type of fear mongering has to stop . The biggest impact is that new SS cards issued would be delayed .

If you are concerned about the health of SS ponzi scheme you should call for the end of Congress fudging the books by adding SS monies in the general revenue ;and the plunder of the fund to pay for deficit spending . The whole program is going to go belly up insolvent in about a decade and no one is addressing that .

If you want to end this nonsense then put the heat on our elected officials to pass budgets and keep spending within the budgeted amounts. The swamp abandoned that basic principle years ago.

I say let the government shut down . There have been double digit shutdowns since 1980 and life goes on .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2021, 05:57 AM
    700 billion dollar deficit for Biden? Try 3 trillion. That's according to the CBO. That's more than Trump's first three years combined which amounted to about 2 trillion. You can be sure it will be more in 2022. Trump should have his backside kicked for not having done more to balance the budget, but he is a mere amateur when it comes to deficit spending relative to Biden. We need a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution desperately, but it won't happen anytime soon since it would be inconvenient, and the guiding principle of politics now is to avoid, at all costs, inconveniencing the voters.

If you are concerned about the health of SS ponzi scheme you should call for the end of Congress fudging the books by adding SS monies in the general revenue ;and the plunder of the fund to pay for deficit spending . The whole program is going to go belly up insolvent in about a decade and no one is addressing that .
    That's true. It's such a reflection on our country. No one wants to talk about anything unpleasant lest the middle third of voters decide to vote for the other guy.

A government shut down would be regrettable, but it would be far better than a national collapse of our economy, and that's where we're headed with these ever growing budget deficits with the accompanying printing of money out of thin air.
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2021, 10:40 AM
    Yertl caved yesterday and struck a deal with the Schmuckster . The deal will increase the limit by about $480 billion, which will allow the government to pay its bills in full until early December. The Schmuckster keeps on dangling that Damocles sword of ending the filibuster . I think the Dems will make that play anyway to stick their radical agenda down our throats but in Yertle's mind ,he bought some time .
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2021, 04:14 PM
    The repubs lack the courage to do the right thing. It's why, in Trump's first year, we did not get a fully funded southern border wall program. Timidity.
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2021, 05:14 PM
    they are voting today . 10 Rinos need to defect . Mittens ,Collins ,Murkowsky , Yertl , and 6 more . Blunt ?, Burr ? Portman ? ,Grassley ? . When is Yertl going to make a stand ? December when thoughts of our leaders are to get out of town ? Yertl is a putz . Had the Repubs stood strong then Manchin would not have voted to nuke the filibuster . So Shmucky would've been forced to extend the limit through reconciliation which is what Yetle said the Repub goal was .
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2021, 02:24 AM
    I got some of the RINOs right .
    The 11 who voted to end cloture were Yertle , Thune, Cornyn, Murkowski, Moore Capito, Shelby, Portman, Collins, Barrasso, Rounds and Blunt.
    They will cave again in December .

Now some Dems want to punt on their constitutional responsibility as keepers of the purse and are trying to advance legislation that gives debt ceiling authority to the Sec Treasury . That would be Yellen . She has already said she doesn't believe in a debt ceiling .
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2021, 02:05 PM
    So after Yertle's spine went wet noodle and he caved to the Scmuckster you would think Schmucky would be thanking Yertle for throwing him a life line . After all the turtle led 11 RINOs to knee cap the Republican Senate ,and his own rhetoric about the debt ceiling less than 24 hrs earlier ,to give Schmucky the votes to end cloture and proceed with a majority vote on the debt ceiling .

Instead Schmucky went on a 4 minute rant how Republican brinkmanship did not work ;and to go directly on the attack against Yertle . He took total credit for pulling the country "from the cliffs edge " He spiked the ball in Yertle's face after he had given Schmucky a victory .

You can see in the video of his remarks Sen Manchin shaking his head ,putting his hands over his face in disbelief and finally getting up and leaving in disgust .

Senator Schumer on Debt Limit Vote | C-SPAN.org

Manchin said "I didn't think it was appropriate at this time,"

Thune claims he directly confronted Schmucky . "I just thought it was an incredibly partisan speech after we had just helped him solve a problem. ... I let him have it." . Well Charlie Brown ;what are you going to do the next time Lucy offers to hold the ball for you in December ?
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2021, 05:24 AM
    The repubs were burned in Obama's days when they tried not extending the debt ceiling. The left-wing media, which is to say nearly all of the media, insisted on characterizing it as the repubs shutting down the government. Obama refused to budge an inch on funding for Obamacare. The repubs eventually had to back down and I don't think they have forgotten that.

Maybe they could try going on every Sunday morning talk show and making their case with the American people. Run television and radio ads. Become aggressive and go on the offensive.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2021, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    A gov shutdown does not end or delay SS payments in any way. Funding of SS is not dependent on day to day operations of government
    You are 100% correct. I misread Janet Yellin's couched language on the subject. My apologies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FLASH - McConnell Bails on Trump [ 30 Answers ]

Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him. The House is voting on Wednesday to formally charge Trump with inciting violence against the...

Trump is no Reagan ...and he certainly is no conservative Republican [ 45 Answers ]

Look, Mr. Trump is not Ronald Reagan, I said. Reagan served two full terms as the governor of a state so vast that if it were a country it would have been one of the important economies in the world. He was a union president who served seven terms during the most fraught time in Hollywood’s history...

Can my social security disability payments from Social Security can be garnished [ 5 Answers ]

I am on Social Security Disability. I was just served a small claims request and I wonder if they can garnish my social security benefits?

Social Security disability,unemployment and social security [ 2 Answers ]

I got approved for ssdi but got disapproved for ssi because my unemployment can I later get ssi after my unemployment is finished?:(

View more questions Search