Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2021, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yWhat she confirmed was that the election was neither free nor fair
    Don't you think the chief law enforcement officer of the nation, Trump's flunkie, would have noticed that? Attorney General Barr denied it was rigged or stolen believing it to be free and fair.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2021, 03:48 AM
    Barr is one of the better swamp critters . But he is still a swamp critter . Also he can only act on Federal Law in elections and those mostly are about 14th amendment issues . An election can be unfair and rigged and still fall into what is technically legal by the books . As mentioned Pennsylvania made a slew of changes in their laws at the 11th hour . So their statutes ,rigged to help the Dem candidate , was legal but unfair and rigged .

This new VA Guv race is a perfect example . Everything is being done technically by the books . But is it fair ? Who does a 47 day early voting favor ? Conservatives are perfectly happy with election day being election DAY . They know what day the election is and plan accordingly . Show up at the polls and vote or in RARE cases, with good reason, arrange to fill out an absentee ballot. Should concessions be made to address long lines at some polling places ? Yes ..... maybe have a 1 week early voting allowance. But 47 days ? Absurd !!

This last election all I heard all night was Trump has a lead BUT we have to wait for mail in ballots to be counted . Then all night long his lead whittled down as more ballots were "found " " Get my boys to bring the voters out. And then count the votes over and over again 'til they added up right, and he was elected." (Key Largo)

The race is not over 47 days before election day. Terry McAuliffe said this on a Sept 28 debate ; “I’m not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decisions,” ... “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”
    A stupid remark like that could be a game changer in an election . But how many people who had already voted now regret the way they voted ?

I support all these audits to find all the weaknesses in the process and to correct them state by state ..... red state ,blue state ,purple state .

The way elections are conducted is not fair . Your concerns about the divide in the country will never be settled if either side believes elections are rigged . Instead of blaming them for having that view ,address the issues as was done in the past when poll taxes were legal but unfair .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2021, 04:24 AM
    The race is not over 47 days before election day. Terry McAuliffe said this on a Sept 28 debate ; “I’m not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decisions,” ... “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”
    A stupid remark like that could be a game changer in an election . But how many people who had already voted now regret the way they voted ?
    A really good point. Why does the average person need to vote six or seven weeks in advance? And to say that he would not allow parents to check books out of the library? What a statement. It's an open admission that they intend to have books which amount to propaganda in libraries and want to conceal that from parents. Terrible.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2021, 05:08 AM
    Really comes down to is voter convenience more important the integrity of the vote ? When I hear of early voting I a reminded of the old Chi Town Dem Daley machine saying "vote early vote often "
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2021, 04:24 PM
    Really comes down to is voter convenience more important the integrity of the vote ? When I hear of early voting I a reminded of the old Chi Town Dem Daley machine saying "vote early vote often "
    Stop tilting at windmills, tomder. You're defending a weak position.

The vote has been audited and counted again and again and again and it results every time with Biden as the clear undisputable winner. Trump wasn't even close.

Not only has this been verified by dozens of courts including the Supreme Court, but even by the hit man hired by the Arizona Repub Trumpites, CyberNinja.

When you go so far as to redefine words in English to mean what they don't mean - such as "rigged" now meaning "legal"- it is time to hang it up and go home.

I support all these audits to find all the weaknesses in the process and to correct them state by state ..... red state ,blue state ,purple state
    Do you support all those audits that find NO fraud, state by state, or just the fraudulent ones that find no fraud and yet insist there WAS fraud?
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2021, 04:38 AM
    New rules designed to rig the vote to favor a candidate were rampant . Legal or otherwise fraud was rampant . SCOTUS has limited authority in the process as I already have mentioned . I never said Quid did not win. Elections need to be scrutinized to insure the integrity of the franchise .

And don't tell me the Dems don't do it . Stacey Abrams was shouting from the highest mountain that she thought she was cheated in 2018 and has been leading a successful fight to change the way Georgia votes ,She never conceded defeat to this day. Abrams’ 'Fair Fight Action' was one of the largest supporters of the 'Coalition for Good Governance', a group that aggressively pushes conspiracy theories about voter fraud in Georgia. The group frequently suggested that Georgia’s election system is unsecure and corrupt. It even attacked Georgia’s Dominion Voting System as “unauditable and unconstitutional "as Trump did .
    So if I am tilting at windmills then so are Dems . The Dems word play is ensuring that only eligible citizens vote ="voter suppression "
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2021, 11:53 AM
    Legal or otherwise fraud was rampant
    Fraud is never legal!

Elections need to be scrutinized to insure the integrity of the franchise
    No election in the history of the nation has ever been scrutinized as much as this one. The conclusion of all that scrutiny? NO FRAUD!

And don't tell me the Dems don't do it
    The Dems have never, ever, incited by their losing candidate for president, attempted to overthrow the government of the United Stares of America. THAT'S A FACT, JACK!

So if I am tilting at windmills then so are Dems . The Dems word play is ensuring that only eligible citizens vote ="voter suppression "
    The Dems don't change the plain meaning of words like you did.
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2021, 04:04 AM
    and the last time the Dems did not question the legitimacy of their candidate's defeat was in 1988 . Even in 2004 when Lurch lost to Bush Jr they claimed the voting machines in Ohio were rigged . Back then they were running HBO documentaries about how voting machines could be rigged without a trace ,
    Hacking Democracy - The Feature Documentary, Official Website

So then after Evita lost the claims went to the absurd and ridiculous with charges that Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election that included electronic hacking of machines and manipulating voter rolls ,

Then came 2020 .Things the Dems complained about became sacrosanct and incorruptible even though political actors had rammed through hundreds of structural changes to the manner and oversight of elections .Time magazine would later call it a "a revolution in how people vote." Some of these changes were enacted by state legislatures, rammed through unconstitutionally by courts, and others by state and county election officials. These changes were justified due to the covid pandemic. They also just happened to be changes that Dems had long desired. The crisis was their chance to sneak in contentious policies through the back door. Never let a crisis go to waste.

So again the election needs extensive audits to weed out the real fraud that I will concede ,and as most election experts agree ,are almost impossible to detect after elections . The more backlash by the Dems and the compliant press suggests to me there is merit in the audit process. WHY DO THEY OBJECT WHEN AS THEY CLAIM IT ONLY DEMONSTRATES THAT THE ELECTION WAS FAIR ? What exactly are they afraid of ?
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2021, 04:24 AM
    WHY DO THEY OBJECT WHEN AS THEY CLAIM IT ONLY DEMONSTRATES THAT THE ELECTION WAS FAIR ? What exactly are they afraid of ?
    Good point. If true, then you'd think the liberal dems would embrace and even celebrate the idea of audits. That they don't is telling.
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2021, 06:47 AM
    So then after Evita lost the claims went to the absurd and ridiculous with charges that Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election that included electronic hacking of machines and manipulating voter rolls
    There is no question Russia preferred Trump to Clinton and acted accordingly.

Then came 2020 .Time magazine would later call it a "a revolution in how people vote." Some of these changes were enacted by state legislatures, rammed through unconstitutionally by courts, and others by state and county election officials. These changes were justified due to the covid pandemic. They also just happened to be changes that Dems had long desired. The crisis was their chance to sneak in contentious policies through the back door. Never let a crisis go to waste.
    Yes, 2020. An election that Biden won hands down and Trump continues to whine that it was stolen. Why did those courts reject the fraud lawsuits over 60 times? It was the largest turnout and fairest in US history. No one doubts that except the fringe right-wing. '

So again the election needs extensive audits to weed out the real fraud that I will concede ,and as most election experts agree ,are almost impossible to detect after elections
    It HAS had extensive audits. If they're almost impossible to detect fraud, why are you insisting on having more?

The more backlash by the Dems and the compliant press suggests to me there is merit in the audit process. WHY DO THEY OBJECT WHEN AS THEY CLAIM IT ONLY DEMONSTRATES THAT THE ELECTION WAS FAIR ? What exactly are they afraid of ?
    Good grief - you'll say anything, no matter how illogical. After so many audits, recounts, court cases, there is still NO fraud. Dems are concerned that the corrupt Trump cult will eventually find an outfit so corrupt that they will claim anything for Trump and his base - and the cultists will believe every word even tho' lacking a scintilla of proof. If you doubt that, that is EXACTLY what the cultists have done so far!
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2021, 04:40 PM
    Investigators in Racine County Wisconsin have presented extensive evidence that the Wisconsin Election Commission committed a felony by telling nursing home staff members to illegally cast ballots for residents. Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling held a press conference saying he had found evidence of felony crimes involving ballots sent to nursing home residents..... In many cases cognitive impaired patients. The probe was prompted by one family who discovered their loved one had voted in the November 2020 election despite having died a month earlier after a long period of mental decline. Schmaling accused the Wisconsin Elections Commission, of creating the conditions by mailing absentee ballots to nursing home residents who didn't request them and empowering nursing home staff to fill out ballots .
    County sheriff in Wisconsin reveals evidence of felony election law violations | Just The News

Quid won Wisconsin by 20,000 votes .

But that's not all . An independent Legislative Audit Bureau released a report last month that accused election officials of engaging in "inconsistent administration" of election laws, troublesome management of drop boxes , ineffective investigation of fraud complaints, and a number of other problems.
    Elections Administration | full report (justthenews.com)
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2021, 09:11 PM
    Investigators in Racine County Wisconsin have presented extensive evidence that the Wisconsin Election Commission committed a felony by telling nursing home staff members to illegally cast ballots for residents.
    The Investigators found a TOTAL OF VERIFIED ILLEGAL VOTES CAST = 1. That's 1 as in ONE.

Tomder is up to his old tricks, folks. Like Trump, he does his obfuscating with little or no substance.

But that's not all
    I'll say it's not all - it gets worse,. Read on.

An independent Legislative Audit Bureau released a report last month that accused election officials of engaging in "inconsistent administration" of election laws, troublesome management of drop boxes , ineffective investigation of fraud complaints, and a number of other problems.
    Naturally, the usual recommendations for improvement but any fraud was "alleged".

Let's look at the numbers -- there were 23 complaints of ALLEGED fraud. Not a single one was verified.

Of 3.3 million votes cast, 23 (TWENTY-THREE!) fraud cases were ALLEGED. Even if the allegations prove to be true, that's not even a drop in the bucket as a percentage of the total. And, judging by other states, the fraud probably favored Trump.

So far, if memory serves, there have been a miniscule number nationwide of verified fraud, most of which have been votes cast for TRUMP. One moron has been caught and is facing prosecution for voter fraud and is facing serious jail time. He complained about a false ballot and investigators discovered HE had cast the false ballot. He was a registered Republican.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2021, 03:20 AM
    So are you denying that mail in ballots were mailed to impaired patients at nursing homes ,and that in many cases aides filled them out for the patients ? No allegation of fraud because the corrupt election board made such activity legal . So yes no crime was committed . But fraud can be legally committed if it is sanctioned by the government . The sheriff found EVIDENCE of felony crimes . He did not say any of them were VERIFIED ....... yet Let's go Brandon
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2021, 05:36 AM
    I don't know if voter fraud had any genuinely significant impact on the past election. I still think Trump's terrible practices as a campaigner was the biggest problem. Still, the whole business of the mass use of mail-in ballots and the associated business of ballot harvesting are ideas ripe for fraud, and in close elections, a few thousand votes can tip the scales. If you want to vote, get your rear end down to a voting booth and have at it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2021, 08:31 AM
    WaPo poll shows Youngkin, McAuliffe in dead heat at end of governor’s race | Just The News

stop the count ;Republican counters go home .... we have to pull out all those extra ballots we have hidden under the table .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 30, 2021, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If you want to vote, get your rear end down to a voting booth and have at it.
    And if you can't because of a very legit reason?
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2021, 01:10 PM
    those issues were dealt with long before the Dems exploited covid for electoral gain
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 30, 2021, 01:28 PM
    The Repubs would never exploit anything or anybody to gain votes?
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2021, 01:49 PM
    Whataboutism ?

Thus widespread audits are needed . My aim is the restoration in trust in elections .

There is no trust . Ask yourself why suddenly the government announces "credible terror threats " next week during the Virginia Guv election and plans to "beef up security " . Are the Dems attempting to suppress in person voting Tuesday in VA ??? Or maybe it is a legit threat because of all the unvetted Afghan refugees that were relocated in VA ? Let's go Brandon .
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2021, 05:02 AM
    A new report accuses Pennsylvania Guv Tom Wolf and Sec State Kathy Boockvar of steering Zuck bucks exclusively to Dem leaning counties .No email shows any official in either office providing similar information or assistance to any of the commonwealth’s Republican-leaning counties.

An analysis of the grants shows that even when the raw dollar amounts were averaged out on a per-registered-voter basis, “blue” counties were funded at a rate far above their “red” counterparts.
    Former Sec. of State Boockvar and Gov. Wolf staffer helped selectively invite counties for election grants (broadandliberty.com)

The Department of State, the Governor's Office and various lefty groups were working together to ensure private grant money was funneled to Democrat counties

Fraud ? Maybe Illegal ? probably not . Corrupt ? You betcha ! LGB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Decline and Fall of the Republican Party [ 51 Answers ]

Diversity of thought on policy began to dwindle (and has all but vanished) in the Republican Party. Beginning in the 1980s after the Party adopted, without compromise, Reaganomics, the social agenda of the evangelical Christian Right became the agenda of the Party. Cut taxes no matter the...

The End Of The Republican Party [ 35 Answers ]

Steve Schmidt is a long-time (decades) strategist for the Republican Party dealing at the highest levels in politics and presidential campaigns. Today, June 21, Schmidt renounced his party affiliation and urged voters to vote for the Democratic Party in November. Here is Schmidt's statement: ...

The Republican Party - What Happened? [ 9 Answers ]

Am I the only ex-Republican who feels the GOP has sunk to an impossibly low standard with one looney-tune after another vying for thr presidential nomination? What in the world happened to this once respectable party that stood for good conservative principles? From starting wars to crashing...

Who forms the core of the republican party? [ 3 Answers ]

Which of the following form the core of the Republican party? a. anglo protestants b. hispanic catholics c. anglo mormons d. hispanic protestants e. anglo catholics

Rebuilding The Republican Party [ 25 Answers ]

The Republican party lost so badly because they have betrayed their traditional small-government conservatism. They need to return to the Eisenhower era Republicans who were fiscally responsible, socially moderate and multilateral on foreign policy. The party is now controlled by big-government...

View more questions Search