Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2021, 05:10 AM
    Evidently They Think We Will Believe Anything.
    "My Build Back Better Agenda costs zero dollars," Biden's account tweeted Saturday. "Instead of wasting money on tax breaks, loopholes, and tax evasion for big corporations and the wealthy, we can make a once-in-a-generation investment in working America. And it adds zero dollars to the national debt."
    So a 3.5 trillion dollar spending program actually costs..."zero dollars"? I thought Trump's claim that Mexico would pay for the wall was pretty crazy, but this is mind-blowing. Added on top of his plainly untrue claim that the generals did not advise him to leave 2 to 4 thousand troops in Afghanistan, it just illustrates the confidence that liberal dems have in the always compliant media to cover for them, thus sparing them the political expense of having to defend clearly idiotic claims.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...s-zero-dollars
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2021, 04:47 AM
    the cost is one bizzaro thing . Possibly the more bizarro thing is what it would buy.
    He wants to recreate the real estate mistakes of the 2000s by giving $20 grand to 1st time minority home buyers for down payments in an attempt to make suburbs more racially diverse. The scheme just like the prelude to the real estate bubble burst would drive up prices and eventually lead to a collapse . The poor homeowners would be the ones that end up in foreclosure and the government would shift the blame to the greedy banks that financed the rest of the purchase

The bill is big on union concessions ;racial preferences and promised freebees .
    The bill gives $14,000 to homeowners who upgrade their homes with new energy efficient items . The catch is that all work has to be done by union employees and minority contractors get preference.$1,4 billion goes to unions to hire workers to care for the elderly and disabled .The bill gives preferential tax treatment for union dues, tax credits for buying union-made EVs and a huge increase in civil penalties against employers who resist unionization.

The Dems sell this by saying it is for the children . But the only thing the children get out of this is the IOUs . They also lie about the costs . When people point out real costs then the Dems resort to budget trickery by reducing years these programs are funded ;ie the child tax credit aka Quid bucks ,is only funded for 5 years ...... as if they plan to ever let the funding run dry . Universal pre-K funding for only a year ? Who are they trying to kid ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2021, 05:43 AM
    The key words are "by giving" and " bill gives". The surest way to the hearts of many American voters is to promise to give them something. It's yet another replay of the liberal dem maneuver of doing with public monies what they do not do with their own money. The big difference is that it's now more printed money than borrowed money. It's a short-term dream world for pols as they can spend more without taxing more. And the millions who benefit from the "giving" will continue to allow their votes to be shamefully purchased. "I'm going to vote for him because he promised to help me."

I'm happy to be able to say that I celebrate your views.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evidently Walls Do Work [ 3 Answers ]

Notice that no one suggested the wall would not work since, after all, people could simply dig under it. BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors reportedly builds fence, gate around $1.4M home (nypost.com) BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors erects '$35k' fence around new $1.4M house she bought with...

View more questions Search