Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2021, 11:34 AM
    Cremation -- yay or nay?
    My mother used to say that choosing to be cremated is challenging God to put you back together again.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2021, 12:12 PM
    Sometimes I think this is one of those "How many angels can fit on the head of a pin," kind of questions. I know that many people consider it to be crucial in some way, but how is it different from burial at sea where the body ends up spread all over the ocean?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2021, 01:10 PM
    Or death (being blown to pieces) due to an explosion (on 9/11?) or house fire or auto accident/fire....

Cremation is much less expensive than body burial, takes up a lot less space, plus ashes can be scattered or they can be stored at home.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2021, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Cremation is much less expensive than body burial, takes up a lot less space, plus ashes can be scattered or they can be stored at home.
    The Catholic Church at one time was opposed to cremation since the body "which shared in the good and evil should share in the reward and punishment". I guess, like your mother, they didn't figure God could put all those atoms back together again. I think they have since modified their belief to allow cremation. Not good news for funeral directors and stonemasons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cremation Ashes Appearance [ 3 Answers ]

I have lost 2 daughters to terminal illnesses. Both were cremated and I have their cremains. My question is my first daughters are a cream/grayish color, my second daughters were super black and feels & looks like potting soil. Is this normal? Also they weighed almost 3 pounds! My daughter only...

Coloured cremation ashes [ 3 Answers ]

My mother's ashes were delivered yesterday; they are multi-coloured - mainly grey and white as expected but with shards of blue, pink, brown and black flecks. What is this? There was also a bent pin of approximately one inch - was this from the body or the coffin? I realise whoever answers this...

Cremation and my responsibility [ 2 Answers ]

I'm the only one who is listed for a patient in a nursing home. She has no relatives. She's dying. I can't see getting a funeral home. Can someone just get cremated Without a church or funeral home?

Cremation and what's required [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine went to two funeral parlors to prepay her own funeral. She was told That she needs special papers from the lawyer for cremation. I have cremation in my Will and apparently that's not enough. My partner doesn't even have cremation in her Will, it's just what she told me. Are...

View more questions Search