Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2021, 05:23 PM
    I tell my wife we have to purchase now before the price increases. But she doesn't buy it.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2021, 05:41 AM

Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2021, 06:13 AM
    The compliant press has joined the chorus with many op-eds claiming the problem is Americans are too spoiled and materialistic. If only we would just down size our expectations. It echoes Jimmy Carter blaming America's problems he could not solve on the people's malaise.

They say the supply chain is not working because Americans want too much.
    Worried About the Supply Chain? Stop Buying So Much Stuff - The Atlantic
    Don't Buy Anything New This Holiday Season (newser.com)
    People buy things to compete and stand out, but a new handbag won’t make you happier, says professor (kcrw.com)

You see; our real problem is that we don't live like the Europeans . We over consume.

Americans may have to get used to consuming like Europeans. We will certainly not be deprived, but we will trim back our excesses, perhaps be more thoughtful about what we buy and purchase fewer, higher-quality goods.
    Personal Finance: Americans Need to Live More Like Europeans - Bloomberg
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2021, 06:16 AM
    Stop your purchases. Put the economy into recession.
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2021, 03:57 AM
    here's another moron who writes that the answer to the supply chain gridlock is to stop spending ,

Second Opinion: There's only one real solution for supply chain problems: Stop consuming so much (yahoo.com)

Hate to break it to these clowns who think inflation is a good thing . In fact it contributes to the supply chain strain. Why ? Because businesses that know prices are raising will stockpile . People do the same thing . You saw it during the beginning of the pandemic . Shortages of paper products and suddenly shoppers were walking out of stores with carts full of toilet paper .

A coordinated effort has to be created to unclog the gridlock . Quid and mayor Pete are not up to the task .
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2021, 05:10 AM
    An understanding of what is actually causing the supply chain problems would be a good place to start. They clearly don't seem to understand the issue.
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2021, 06:22 AM
    Normally not a big fan of '60 Minutes ' .But this is a good expose of the issue.

Cargo with nowhere to go: 60 Minutes investigates the supply chain crisis - YouTube
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2021, 08:43 AM
    This is the actual show. Lasts about fifteen minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jSsyQKIfE

Another call strike three for the Biden admin.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2021, 05:47 AM
    so how do you fight inflation? One way to NOT is to have a tariff war with one of your largest trading partners that also shares a 5,525-mile border with you.

But that is what Quid is doing. The Commerce Dept announced it will double the average tariff on Canadian softwood lumber to 17.9% from 8.99%.

As you know lumber was and is in short supply during the new home construction boom that is still ongoing. The domestic sawmill industry is doing some rent seeking with Quid's support. Canadian timber is cheaper. What Quid's move will do is further increase the cost of lumber or create another shortage.
    Trump was just as bad regarding imposing tariffs on our neighbor trading partners. Quid campaigned against Trump's protectionism. But he is just as much a protectionist as Trump ever was.
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2021, 12:04 PM
    Not printing huge sums of money would help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2021, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Not printing huge sums of money would help.
    What do you suggest?
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2021, 01:39 PM
    pass balanced budgets and cap discretionary spending like Bubba and Newt did . I am for an amendment mandating balanced budgets so 1997 -2000 is the rule rather than the exception.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2021, 05:34 AM
    Clueless Joe said yesterday that inflation is a "natural byproduct of recovery" . We have had many recoveries but we have not seen inflation at these levels since a pair of clueless Presidents in the 1970s.

He also said that the supply chain is in strong shape. He boasted of his administration’s efforts to relieve crowding at U.S. ports. All they have done is move the ships further out to sea. Some companies like Walmart have taken things into their own hand by chartering their own cargo ships.

At the same time, he claims that he has fixed the supply chain, his FTC has ordered retailers like Walmart, Amazon, Kroger, Procter & Gamble, Tyson Foods and Kraft Heinz Co. “to turn over information to help study causes of empty shelves and sky-high prices.” In other words, it can't be the government's fault. FTC Chair Lina M. Khan said “Supply chain disruptions are upending the provision and delivery of a wide array of goods, ranging from computer chips and medicines to meat and lumber.

Clueless Joe said yesterday that store shelves will be full for the holiday season Ummm it is the holiday season and store shelves are NOT full. He added a caveat that only Santa can promise gifts on time. Nope; Santa's elves are either on strike or have not reentered the work force.
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2021, 06:17 AM
    What do you suggest?
    I can't improve on this answer. "pass balanced budgets and cap discretionary spending like Bubba and Newt did . I am for an amendment mandating balanced budgets so 1997 -2000 is the rule rather than the exception."
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2021, 01:27 PM
    California dreaming

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supply chain [ 1 Answers ]

Choose a product or a group of products that is currently being imported from developing countries (such as China and India) to an organization that you are familiar with and answer the following questions: 1. Give a brief introduction to the supply chain of the product preferably with the help of...

Supply chain [ 2 Answers ]

Is anyone familiar with supply chain problems. I am not sure about my answer. Fisk Corporation is trying to improve its inventory control system and has installed an on-line computer at its retail stores. Fisk anticipates sales of 75,000 units per year, an ordering cost of $8 per order, and...

Supply Chain Differences [ 2 Answers ]

I have been searching for days for information related to the topic for an assignment due. Perhaps, I am over analyzing. My question is this: What are the differences in supply chains for a B2B and a B2C business? Other than the complexity of the transactions involved I have not found enough...

View more questions Search