Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2021, 09:15 AM
    [FONT=Georgia Pro, Georgia, Droid Serif, serif][COLOR=#303030]Ivermectin won the 2015 Nobel Prize for its role in treating human disease. So we know it is safe for humans to use. Is it effective ? With a lack of empirical data due to a reluctance to conduct clinical trials ,it is hard to determine .
    So I go with testimonials and anecdotal . There have been plenty of people who were treated and administered the drug for covid. How effective was it ? It brought down cases of the delta variant in India to a success rate of 97% in Delhi .
    [/COLOR][/FONT]Epidemiologic analyses on Ivermectin in COVID-19 - FLCCC | Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (covid19criticalcare.com)

The New York Times reported on July 30, 2021, that this is a mystery with no clear explanation. But, the drop in cases happened right after a new COVID-19 protocol was released in India. The new guideline includes Ivermectin for early treatment — to treat patients with mild symptoms.

The new Merck pill is also being advertised as an early treatment much like Tamiflu is for the flu virus .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2021, 10:34 AM
    Ivermectin won the 2015 Nobel Prize for its role in treating human disease.
    Not quite true. Two scientists won the award for their use of Ivermectin in treating parasitic infections. It is safe to be sure. Is it effective against Covid? Hard to say, but there is evidence that, as you suggested, it does have some positive effectiveness.

One thing seems to be very likely. We are going to be dealing with Mr. Covid for a long time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Identify why care workers need to promote the values at all times? [ 1 Answers ]

I have this question to answer and I'm not your what the answer is

Requirements of health care workers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, can any one give me some information about how the requirements of health care workers can contribute to a positive experience for patients.

Workers rights and health hazards [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend (we have been together for 8 years) has worked for the same place for the last 6 years. He works for a town in the provence I work in (N.S Canada) he works cleaning the streets, repairing streets, works with septic stations and ponds (yes we all know what's in that pond don't we) they...

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

View more questions Search