Uber Member

Sep 26, 2021, 04:01 PM
    Learn your facts.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2021, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Learn your facts.
    Backatcha. I was riding horses when you were in diapers.

The "story" is that the long "split" reins were to control the horses. The truth is that the long reins were to control the Haitians.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2021, 04:40 PM
    You were riding with the Girl Scouts. People who make their living with horses disagree with you. As much as I’m sure you advanced the knowledge of horsemanship, I guess I’m going with the experts, especially considering that you couldn’t even figure out that they were using split reins. For that matter, you still don’t even know what they are. If you did you would never had made such a silly statement. But I’m sure they’ll be calling you any day to find out the Girl Scout way of doing things.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2021, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You were riding with the Girl Scouts.
    Nope, I was riding bareback with my friend Sally on her father's western NC farm.
    People who make their living with horses disagree with you.
    Those people have an agenda not to allow those guys on horses to be villified for their nastiness. Yes, those reins are long and "split" so to to better control a horse during specific maneuvers, but gosh-a-rudy, those split reins sure came in handy when Haitians needed to be controlled.
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2021, 04:50 PM
    Once again our positions are clearly stated. I leave it with you.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2021, 04:36 AM
    It seems clear from yesterday's testimony in the Senate that Biden was less than truthful when he claimed that no one suggested he leave some level of troops in Afghanistan. Both generals and Sec/Def Austin made it clear that they DID recommend we not withdraw all troops but leave 2,500 to maintain a military stability.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2021, 06:38 AM
    was he lying or just mis-remembering what the Generals told him ? He clearly told the Clintoon cover man George Stephanopoulos that the Generals agreed with his policies and never warned him off the path he took in the witdrawal .

STEPHANOPOULOS: But your top military advisors warned against withdrawing on this timeline. They wanted you to keep about 2,500 troops.BIDEN: No, they didn't. It was split. Tha-- that wasn't true. That wasn't true.
    STEPHANOPOULOS: They didn't tell you that they wanted troops to stay?
    BIDEN: No. Not at -- not in terms of whether we were going to get out in a timeframe all troops. They didn't argue against that.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no one told -- your military advisors did not tell you, "No, we should just keep 2,500 troops. It's been a stable situation for the last several years. We can do that. We can continue to do that"?
    BIDEN: No. No one said that to me that I can recall.

Full transcript of ABC News' George Stephanopoulos' interview with President Joe Biden - ABC News (go.com)

He's also lying about Trump not leaving a plan . Pompeo made it clear that the agreement depended on preconditions being met .
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2021, 09:39 AM
    Yep. It’s pretty obvious that someone is being much less than honest.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2021, 02:52 AM
    He lies so often that it is hard to track. Besides his Afghan lies ,he recently lied about the $3.5 billion bill not costing anything ...."zero dollars " . Even the Compost called it "mythical zero" He lied about border patrol using their reigns as whips . He lied about not leaving any American behind in Afghanistan “We’re gonna stay to get them all out.”
    His propaganda mouthpiece claimed it was Republicans that wanted to defund the police The Compost called that a "slipshod claim" His cabinet lies too . DHS boss Mayorkas calls the border closed . That as over 1.5 million illegals have crossed the border this year already He doesn't give straight answers about any decision he makes He lies about what his advisors tell him .He does not consider himself to be accountable to the American people,
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2021, 04:23 AM
    When practically all of the press has become your obedient lapdog, then lying is a pretty safe undertaking. His handling of the Border Patrol's supposed use of whips was especially egregious. Those guys ended up on desk duty when just the simplest efforts at finding the truth would have been useful. Now the use of horses has been denied to BP agents. It's just ridiculous.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2021, 07:45 PM
    Could be worse. This was the case in Australia two years ago. Incredible. So much for freedom of the press. I wonder what Clete would have said about this.

Two police raids in two days on Australia’s national broadcaster and a prominent journalist have raised concerns about press freedom in the country.
    Police searched the offices of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) in Sydney on Wednesday, saying in a statement they were acting on a “referral” from the country’s defense forces over “allegations of publishing classified material.”
    ABC linked the police investigation to a series of stories it published in 2017 called “The Afghan Files,” which revealed allegations of unlawful killings and misconduct by Australian special forces in Afghanistan. The network slammed the raids and vowed to stand by its journalists.
    “This is a serious development and raises legitimate concerns over freedom of the press and proper public scrutiny of national security and defense matters,” ABC Managing Director David Anderson said in a statement emailed to CNN. “The ABC stands by its journalists, will protect its sources and continue to report without fear or favor on national security and intelligence issues when there is a clear public interest,” he added.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/05/media...aid/index.html
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2021, 07:47 AM
    and now for Jen Psaki's dumb quote of the day

REPORTER: I want to ask you about what Republicans are pointing to in the analysis from the Joint Committee on Taxation. They say, according to — if I’ve read the chart correctly, more than 16 percent of taxpayers would see their taxes increase under the bill that’s approved by the House Ways and Means Committee. Will the President sign that bill if — as if — it is coming out of that committee? Or will he insist on the changes so that he will maintain his commitment that taxes won’t go up on people making $400,000 a year?
    PSAKI: I have not looked at the document or the report that you have put out. Obviously, the President — or that you have referenced, I should say — that the Republicans put out.
    Obviously, the President’s commitment remains not raising taxes for anyone making less than $400,000 a year. There are some — and I’m not sure if this is the case in this report — who argue that, in the past, companies have passed on these costs to consumers. I’m not sure if that’s the argument being made in this report. We feel that that’s unfair and absurd, and the American people would not stand for that.

The Forbes report noted “Any corporate tax increase will be paid by either shareholders/owners, employees in the form of lower wages, or customers in the form of higher prices.”
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2021, 09:13 AM
    who argue that, in the past, companies have passed on these costs to consumers. I’m not sure if that’s the argument being made in this report. We feel that that’s unfair and absurd, and the American people would not stand for that.
    It stems from the fantasy that if we simply WANT to spend money, then we can print it or borrow it. The mere desire to spend makes all of that possible. I'm amazed everyday that the American people have become dumb enough to believe that. It's on the level of believing in an infrastructure bill that only involves spending about 10% or so of its funding on infrastructure.

It would be nice to have an honest press that refuses to allow those fairytales to be unopposed.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2021, 11:19 AM
    The facts can't be denied .Inflation outpaced nominal growth this last month , Disposable incomes fell by 0.3% when we are supposed to be in recovery . Savings fell by $113.7 billion as people use their savings to pay for inflated prices .

And the government talks of spending more money it does not have. Any new spending with monopoly money is gas on a fire .

and in Melbourne Australia ....

Very Long Lines @ Food Bank In Melbourne Australia - YouTube
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2021, 11:28 AM
    It's just ludicrous. There are more jobs available in our area than I ever recall seeing. No one seems to pay min wage anymore. It starts at ten an hour and goes up from there. The ones who do take jobs have no interest in providing good service. With fast food places it's Chik Fil A and two or three others that still make the effort. Everyone else is really bad. And yet we continue to send money we don't have to people who could be supporting themselves.

Thank you, lib dems.
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2021, 12:38 PM
    Somewhat off the topic, but Gen. Milley testified yesterday that he was certain Trump had no intention of attacking China. I'm sure the Trump ridiculers hate to hear that.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2022, 11:49 AM
    update

DHS is planning on punishing with"administrative violations," the Border Patrol agents who's charges of whipping illegal aliens were debunked .The agents involved were taken off their normal duties and have not been allowed to have contact with illegals since.
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2022, 11:54 AM
    Yep. Anyone who understands the idea of split reins knows the agents are not guilty. We cannot get these people out of office fast enough. Even at that, we could very well be out of time anyway.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2022, 12:37 PM
    Mayra Flores gives me some hope
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2022, 12:45 PM
    By announcing that the agents were guilty and needed to be punished,Clueless prejudged and gave marching orders that destroyed the credibility of the DHS .
    Once it was indisputably debunked they buried it in the investigation hoping the public would lose interest .

“Let the jury consider their verdict,” the King said, for about the twentieth time that day. “No, no!” said the Queen. “Sentence first—verdict afterwards.”(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Biden does not do interviews. [ 65 Answers ]

"Like I told Barack, if I reach something where there's a fundamental disagreement we have based on a moral principle, I'll develop some disease and say I have to resign." So if the President of the United States has a disagreement with his VP, he is going to tell us he has a disease and resign?...

Biden-Trump [ 39 Answers ]

Biden passes 79 million votes - highest ever. 50.9% of popular vote - most for any challenger since FDR. 5.7 million votes more than Trump - and the margin is still growing. Trump will be absent from Biden's inauguration since he will abscond to Florida prior where he will fight...

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

God bless Joe Biden [ 34 Answers ]

You got to love the guy for speaking his mind... If he's so brilliant and so prepared, why is Biden already begging for help? Why is he already predicting low poll numbers? This is the guy that "has it" and this is his running mate? Reportedly Biden added, “I probably shouldn’t have said...

Obama vs. Biden [ 3 Answers ]

You've had your chuckles over Palin, this is the alternative... LvZpp9QJRME

View more questions Search