Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2021, 11:55 AM
    If I need advice on how to respond, I will not ask the lady given to smokescreens. Sorry.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2021, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If I need advice on how to respond, I will not ask the lady given to smokescreens. Sorry.
    You get smokescreens BECAUSE your responses are those of a bully and intend to insult and intimidate.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2021, 12:22 PM
    Oh please. My responses are pointed and intended to try and clarify your murky positions. Start giving clear and concise answers, and the well-deserved smokescreen comments will amazingly cease.

It would be nice to stop blaming your problems on someone else. Just own it and move on. That's not mean; it's just true.

You are being judgmental again. Shame.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2021, 12:39 PM
    Start giving clear and concise answers, and the well-deserved smokescreen comments will amazingly cease.
    Be sure to start out with the question you asked me. Quote of one of my "murky" positions, and then show me what a "clear and concise answer" would be.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2021, 12:45 PM
    Sure. Here was my question. "I am asking you why it is OK to kill the baby at 7 months and not at 11 months. What is your standard?"

Your reply was, "Sad? Look in the mirror. Why are we talking about babies that have been born?"

Smoke Alert!! But you can redeem yourself. At seven months after conception, you are fine with killing the unborn child, but at 11 months after (plainly, 2 months after birth), you are not. What makes the difference for you?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2021, 01:17 PM
    Sure. Here was my question. "I am asking you why it is OK to kill the baby at 7 months and not at 11 months. What is your standard?"
    I thought you were talking about babies that had been born and were 7 and 11 months old.

Your reply was, "Sad? Look in the mirror. Why are we talking about babies that have been born?"
    Thus, my reply to you on this post.

Here is the entire post:
    Originally Posted by jlisenbe You know better, and that's the sad part. You know full well that was not the conversation. I am asking you why it is OK to kill the baby at 7 months and not at 11 months. What is your standard?
    WG: Sad? Look in the mirror. Why are we talking about babies that have been born?

Smoke Alert!! But you can redeem yourself. At seven months after conception, you are fine with killing the unborn child, but at 11 months after (plainly, 2 months after birth), you are not. What makes the difference for you?
    I have NEVER said I'm "fine with killing the unborn child!"
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2021, 01:22 PM
    And just like that you post number two.

I said, "But you can redeem yourself. At seven months after conception, you are fine with killing the unborn child, but at 11 months after (plainly, 2 months after birth), you are not. What makes the difference for you?"

Your reply? "I have NEVER said I'm 'fine with killing the unborn child!' " Of course you have. You have listed such silly excuses as, "Her birth control didn't work." So somehow the baby is of lessor value if he/she is the result of a woman saying she took the pill but got pregnant anyway. You have steadfastly refused to list ANY reason for an abortion you would prohibit. And then, from the smoke, you want to complain that you never said this or that.

Tell us what circumstances you would not allow an abortion for, and we can continue. Until then, the smoke has me coughing too much.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2021, 01:36 PM
    And just like that you post number two.
    Stop jumping around! I said:

"I thought you were talking about babies that had been born and were 7 and 11 months old."

Why had you not clarified immediately?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2021, 01:41 PM
    Tell us what circumstances you would not allow an abortion for, and we can continue. Until then, the smoke has me coughing too much.
    I am responsible only for myself. I (probably) would not have an abortion, but that would be MY decision to make after examining all the medical, personal, emotional, and spiritual aspects. It's each woman's decision to make.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2021, 01:50 PM
    Now that the Irish have bowled over Wisconsin - I think I'll jump in

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I am responsible only for myself. I (probably) would not have an abortion, but that would be MY decision to make after examining all the medical, personal, emotional, and spiritual aspects. It's each woman's decision to make.
    Not that you need any help, WG, you're doing more than fine.

This is the essential point Jl misses - pro-CHOICE is not the same as APPROVAL. Most pro-choicers I know may or may not approve of abortion for themselves, but they do not deny that CHOICE to others.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2021, 02:13 PM
    That is an honest and open reply for which I give you credit. But it leaves you in the same dilemma. You are "against" abortion until it comes time to do something about it. Refusing to take a stand against that which is taking place by the hundreds of thousands amounts to being in favor of it. Being pro-choice is being pro-abortion. You are not at all prepared to stop even an abortion in the final few weeks of pregnancy. You are not prepared to stand against abortions that result in the dead baby's organs being "harvested" and sold for a profit. There is nothing you will oppose, so it amounts to being in favor of all of it. It's inescapable. It's like a southern plantation owner claiming to be against slavery, but not being willing to work to abolish it. The end result is the same.

I (probably) would not have an abortion
    You really should ask yourself, "Why not?" If the baby is a human being, then it's a horrific and immoral act. If the baby is not a human, then it amounts to nothing. Take your pick.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2021, 02:19 PM
    At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40 where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”

Now no, I was not there to see all of this, but John's mother said he "leaped for joy" in her womb. That sure sounds awfully human to me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2021, 03:55 PM
    Now no, I was not there to see all of this, but John's mother said he "leaped for joy" in her womb. That sure sounds awfully human to me.
    I can tell you've never been pregnant. The fetus begins "leaping for joy" around the 4th or 5th month of pregnancy. It has nothing to do with being human. This happens with other mammals too.

That is an honest and open reply for which I give you credit. But it leaves you in the same dilemma. You are "against" abortion until it comes time to do something about it.
    Always the "but".

I'm against abortion unless my health or the health of the fetus becomes a serious, life-or-death problem. At that point, a decision will have to be made.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2021, 04:02 PM
    Yeah. The Bible is just flat wrong. It has to be since it does not support your position.

So if the baby’s health is in danger you would kill it? I’m glad you’re not my doctor.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2021, 04:10 PM
    Yeah. The Bible is just flat wrong. It has to be since it does not support your position.
    I don't understand what you're saying.
    So if the baby’s health is in danger you would kill it?
    Did I say that?

What would you do if it were your pregnant wife?
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2021, 04:19 PM
    You claim John the B did not kick for joy in his mother's womb. The Bible says he did.

Did I say that?
    Yep. "I'm against abortion unless my health or the health of the fetus becomes a serious, life-or-death problem." Well, I would say aborting the baby is pretty much life or death.

What would you do if it were your pregnant wife?
    I have answered that to the point of nausea, on many occasions. Where have you been?
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2021, 04:22 PM

This is about the most moronic thing you've ever said here, Jl, and you've said some really stupid things.

You claim John the B did not kick for joy in his mother's womb. The Bible says he did.
    Now you've got the Bible quotes to support your position. It gets freakier and freakier.

I have answered that to the point of nausea,
    Nausea is the right word. It's become synonymous with Jl.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2021, 04:29 PM
    Being pro-choice is being pro-abortion
    Then YOU, Jl, are pro-abortion. You have clearly admitted that you are pro-choice in circumstances that you approve choice. Are you trying to prove your hypocrisy by restating your phony anti-abortion position?

If you are, you are doing a bang-up job, convincing all who read your nonsense of your blatant hypocrisy. Keep hiding Jl, your words are forever etched here. Words you can't take back.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2021, 04:36 PM
    Yep. "I'm against abortion unless my health or the health of the fetus becomes a serious, life-or-death problem." Well, I would say aborting the baby is pretty much life or death.
    What if it's MY life or death? Choosing an undeveloped fetus that very likely wouldn't survive would be murdering me. Or choosing a full-term fetus over the mother would also be murder (hers), plus the husband will be left with a tiny newborn, and maybe other children, to deal with alone.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2021, 05:20 PM
    I have already said three dozen times that saving one life is preferable to losing both lives. That still leaves you in the place of not seeing any abortion you don’t like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Were our founders LIBS, and is the Constitution is a LIBERAL document?? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. Well, OF COURSE, it is.. Read 'em and weep. ----- Would a right wing congress pass a law giving accused criminals a lawyer PAID for by the government??? Would a right wing congress pass a law that kept religion OUT of government?? Would a right wing congress pass a law that...

Employer makes derogatory and Incorrect statements regarding reason for termination [ 3 Answers ]

Here is something one of my neighbors asked me about over the weekend. Here is the Situation. They work for a bank. In a branch that had mostly business accounts... not many personal accounts... and not a lot of foot traffic. The Bank recently increased the quotas REQUIRED for selling...

Libs war on Christmas is in FULL swing [ 27 Answers ]

Hello: The War on Christmas is getting more brutal than ever this season. This time it isn't just pagan cashiers saying “Happy Holidays” instead of “Merry Christmas.” Those devious liberals are finding more and more subtle, insidious ways to piss off Christians... Senate Republicans are...

Incorrect twinning incorrect primary polarity [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to get my A/C running but it won't stay on for 30 seconds it comes on and cuts off. I checked the status light it was blinking rapid continuous incorrect twinning incorrect primary polarity what's wrong with this thing

Incorrect W2 [ 1 Answers ]

I received my W2 from my current employer around the end of February (Late, I know), and it was completely screwed up. Some of the fields were missing, some were only half filled in... So, they updated the accounting software, and now we have new ones (Recieved at the end of march... just keeps...

View more questions Search