Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 03:16 AM
    Two America's
    NYC requires a vaccine passport to eat in restaurants ;go to the gym ,and theatres ,
    Meanwhile a few hours away at Penn State ,over 100,000 people packed into Beaver Stadium to watch a football game

What to know about the city’s vaccine passport rules (ny1.com)

Attendance for Auburn-Penn State White Out among the largest in Beaver Stadium's history (saturdaytradition.com)

and this was the crowd at MetLife Stadium across the river in NJ last weekend .

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 19, 2021, 03:22 AM
    Perfect example of the fractured nature of American federalism.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2021, 11:40 AM
    It is as it should be.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 05:11 PM
    Yeah on one side of the Hudson River liberty .Across the river tyranny .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Yeah on one side of the Hudson River liberty .Across the river tyranny .
    If you're promoting Penn State as a thoughtful role model, remember this is the school that put football ahead of child sexual abuse. Not only Paterno, but the president, vp, athletic director and other top leadership. Some of these bums are in jail.

The school will probably be a super-spreader in the next few weeks, sickening and killing spectators and others in honor of the God of football
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 05:35 PM
    There have been packed stadium for weeks in the US Where are the super spreader events . I went to Clemson last Sunday morning . The place was still packed with partiers from the Saturday evening game . I highly recommend going to any campus on game days . I used to go to West Point and the cadets are party animals .
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Where are the super spreader events
    Trump's rallies - hell, he killed his own people at them - wasn't Cain a victim. Then there was the motorcycle thing - Covid infections were traced to that from 40+ states and hundreds infected.

I went to Clemson last Sunday morning . The place was still packed with partiers from the Saturday evening game . I highly recommend going to any campus on game days . I used to go to West Point and the cadets are party animals .
    I would caution against that advice.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 06:32 PM
    Hundreds of thousands maskless fans have attended football games this month joyously yelling in celebration of their teams .Should've heard of at least some of them tracing into super spreader events by now .

I also applaud the Aussies who are pushing back against ridiculous intolerable restrictions .
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 05:32 AM
    Considering that the majority of college students are liberal dems, then there are thousands of liberal dems in those big crowds. I wonder how many of the people at a Penn State game are liberal dems? Most? Perhaps people are figuring out that the otherwise healthy, under fifty crowd carries a very small risk from Covid.

The covid death rate in SD where the biker rally was held is incredibly low. They've had about fifty deaths since May. Cali can have several times that number in a single day.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The covid death rate in SD where the biker rally was held is incredibly low. They've had about fifty deaths since May. Cali can have several times that number in a single day.
    Not true. My brother hasn't attended for the past two years because its a superspreader event.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=786455ce74c6
    BossMan

Sep 20, 2021, 09:24 AM
    Considering that the majority of college students are liberal dems, then there are thousands of liberal dems in those big crowds. I wonder how many of the people at a Penn State game are liberal dems? Most? Perhaps people are figuring out that the otherwise healthy, under fifty crowd carries a very small risk from Covid.
    You knew this was going to happen, so put up or stop making such misinformed generalisations.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2021, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Not true. My brother hasn't attended for the past two years because its a superspreader event.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=786455ce74c6
    Nothing like a fact-based article from Forbes to set the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    You knew this was going to happen, so put up or stop making such misinformed generalisations.
    Misinformed generalizations are his stock-in-trade.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 10:19 AM
    misinformed generalisations.
    Misinformed? How? This is a completely accurate statement. "Perhaps people are figuring out that the otherwise healthy, under fifty crowd carries a very small risk from Covid." Anyone with any functioning brain at all can see that here.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...vid-by-age-us/

Or here. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...th-by-age.html

And that doesn't even take into account those who had co-morbidities which the over-fifty crowd is far more likely to have. In Cali, almost 40% of the deaths are in those 80 and over. Why do you suppose 40% of the deaths are in such a small part of the population?
    BossMan

Sep 20, 2021, 10:35 AM
    Yet again you avoid the actual point.

Your misinformed generalisation is right here:

Considering that the majority of college students are liberal dems, then there are thousands of liberal dems in those big crowds. I wonder how many of the people at a Penn State game are liberal dems? Most?
    Now stop playing silly and, as I said earlier, put up or, well you know the rest.

Under 50's carry a smaller risk of Dying from Covid, as apposed to contracting it in the first place.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 10:39 AM
    WG, these are the figures I referred to. You will see they were accurate.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=covid+...RM=CHRDEF&sp=1
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 10:44 AM
    WG, these are the figures I referred to. You will see they were accurate.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=covid+...RM=CHRDEF&sp=1
    And were the bikers all from the Dakotas, SD in particular?
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 10:49 AM
    Under 50's carry a smaller risk of Dying from Covid, as apposed to contracting it in the first place.
    You have data for that? At any rate, dying is far more serious than being sick. My statement was correct.

Now stop playing silly and, as I said earlier, put up or, well you now the rest.
    I am going on this data. College educated voters largely vote democrat. And if you guesses that college educated people...used to be college students, then you get to go to the front of the line.

https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...litics/575113/

Now you can put up or...you know. Who's playing silly now?

The second part you seemed to have indigestion over was simply a question. You know, like speculation? "I wonder how many of the people at a Penn State game are liberal dems? Most?" I said that since PS is a well know liberal school. Could my guess be wrong? Yes, and that's why I used a question mark.

And were the bikers all from the Dakotas, SD in particular?
    I have no idea. The point is that SD has an incredibly low infection/death rate, so those bikers who came in from all over must not have brought Covid with them.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2021, 10:56 AM
    The point is that SD has an incredibly low infection/death rate, so those bikers who came in from all over must not have brought Covid with them.
    You have no excuse for your ignorance. Read the Forbes article WG posted.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 10:57 AM
    The point is that SD has an incredibly low infection/death rate, so those bikers who came in from all over must not have brought Covid with them.
    Biology professor Anna Yeung-Cheung of Manhattanville College, a private school in Purchase, New York, was appalled when told about the rally.

“Oh my God … where do they get all these people?” she said. “That’s very scary.”

Yeung-Cheung echoed other experts in noting that while the number of cases is low in South Dakota, at least so far, the problem is that bikers from across the country are coming to the Black Hills.

Thousands of unvaccinated, unmasked people traveling across the country. An ultra-contagious new variant. Overloaded hospitals. If you thought it could get no worse, think again.
    Tom Lawrence

Updated Aug. 12, 2021 12:54PM ET Published Aug. 11, 2021 4:58AM ET

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sturgi...ica?ref=scroll

You get one guess why my brother, an avid cyclist since his teens, didn't go to Sturgis the past two years.
    BossMan

Sep 20, 2021, 11:11 AM

I am going on this data. College educated voters largely vote democrat. And if you guesses that college educated people...used to be college students, then you get to go to the front of the line.

https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...litics/575113/

Now you can put up or...you know. Who's playing silly now?
    That's an OpEd piece based on exit polls, hardly empirical evidence.
    Very much mixing apples and oranges to produce Mustangs.

Probably best to not continue with this line as it may end up badly.

Lots of Covid related stuff here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/coronavirus
    Some of it an eye opener, especially the infection rates in under 20's..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In america [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for help from you all. Hanaa is trying to find out what movie her teacher was in. Here are the clues 1. 3 letter title with "A____ in America 2. Came out in 2000 or 2001 3. Name is jamal jelani franklin 4. he was not the main actor 5. He was 10 or 11 at the time.

Ban from america [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Daniela I am asking a question about my daughter's father he entered United States in 2000 was arrested on drug charged when he got arrested he was using false identification while in prision he continued using that name and never gave his real information when released he was put on...

This is how we do it in america [ 61 Answers ]

Would you like bruises with that? MP Paul Gibson bashed in McDonald's carpark | News.com.au In a bizzaire exhibition of cowardise, apparently an american attacked an Australian politician in a car park shouting "this is how we do it in america". A short while ago a question was ask why do they...

God Sued (only in America) [ 1 Answers ]

God sued over pestilence and terror - Yahoo! News UK WASHINGTON (AFP) - A court in Nebraska is being asked to cast judgement on the ultimate judge -- God. State lawmaker Ernie Chambers filed a lawsuit Friday against the Almighty -- acknowledging he/she goes by numerous aliases -- for...

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search