Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 11:15 AM
    I don't care what your brother did.

Biology professor Anna Yeung-Cheung of Manhattanville College, a private school in Purchase, New York, was appalled when told about the rally.

“Oh my God … where do they get all these people?” she said. “That’s very scary.”
    Yeah. What a scholarly reply. "Oh my God, it's like, you know, really scary you guys! Golly gee whiz!" Why would anyone care what an unknown bio prof from an unknown small private college say?

Another site verifying the very low death rate in SD.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...19-spread-map/

For the record, I'm not supporting the biker rally. Don't really know much about it, but it sure didn't seem to cause any major problems in SD. And the Forbes article relied on info from the NY Slimes.

That's an OpEd piece based on exit polls, hardly empirical evidence.
    Very much mixing apples and oranges to produce Mustangs.

Probably best to not continue with this line as it may end up badly.
    Where is your data?

When you open up with comments like this, "Now stop playing silly and, as I said earlier, put up or, well you know the rest," then you shouldn't expect people to be happy with it. You want nice, then try passing out nice. Is that fair?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I don't care what your brother did.

Another site verifying the very low death rate in SD.
    My brother is still alive because he avoided the covidy Sturgis rally

The SD death rate is NOT the issue!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2021, 11:17 AM
    And the Forbes article relied on info from the NY Slimes.
    Hahaha - that's not much of a rebuttal, is it? I love how these right-wing loonies slam whatever doesn't support their stupidity.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 11:28 AM
    My brother is still alive because he avoided the covidy Sturgis rally

The SD death rate is NOT the issue!
    I'm happy he's alive. I don't care if he goes to biker rallies or not.

The SD stats are important because of the grand proclamation that the rally was a super-spreader. Two different data sets rebut that assertion.

The second link I posted shows TWO Covid deaths in SD in the past seven days. That's a super-spreader??? What would just an "ordinary spreader" be?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 11:46 AM
    The SD stats are important because of the grand proclamation that the rally was a super-spreader. Two different data sets rebut that assertion.

The second link I posted shows TWO Covid deaths in SD in the past seven days. That's a super-spreader??? What would just an "ordinary spreader" be?
    We. Don't. Care. About. The. Covid. Death. Rate. In. SD.

The bikers, unvaccinated, unmasked, came from all over the US. At the end of the rally, they returned to their home states and proceeded to spread covid to family, friends, coworkers, and even strangers.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 20, 2021, 12:40 PM
    Where is your data?

When you open up with comments like this, "Now stop playing silly and, as I said earlier, put up or, well you know the rest," then you shouldn't expect people to be happy with it. You want nice, then try passing out nice. Is that fair?
    Hang on a cotton picking minute, you are the one relying on a misleading OpEd to validate your misinformed generalisations, so, therefore it's up to you to actually demonstrate that your comment has some validity.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 02:50 PM
    We. Don't. Care. About. The. Covid. Death. Rate. In. SD.

The bikers, unvaccinated, unmasked, came from all over the US. At the end of the rally, they returned to their home states and proceeded to spread covid to family, friends, coworkers, and even strangers.
    If the biker deal in Sturgis was really an SS, then much of the population of Sturgis would be infected. In fact, that is not the case, and you have shown no evidence that the bikers left and went back home spreading the virus. It is pure conjecture. And the bikers certainly didn't catch the virus in SD which has a LOW INFECTION RATE!!

Why do thinking people care about the SD death rate? Because a SS in SD would have spread the virus and caused the death rate to skyrocket. It didn't.

Another question. The biker rally was in one town, that being Sturgis. How could that have caused the entire state of SD to have a Covid spike?

CB, you made this statement.

Under 50's carry a smaller risk of Dying from Covid, as apposed to contracting it in the first place.
    I'm waiting on documentation and it's been many a cotton pickin minute.

You happy with the Pew Research Center? "In Pew Research Center’s August survey, registered voters with a college degree or more education favor Clinton over Trump by 23 percentage points (52% Clinton vs. 29% Trump) in a four-way contest that included Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson (supported by 11% of voters with at least a college degree) and Green Party candidate Jill Stein (4%)."

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ent-elections/

Does that get your cotton picked?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 03:08 PM
    If the biker deal in Sturgis was really an SS, then much of the population of Sturgis would be infected.
    Nope. Apparently, you have never attended the "biker deal" in Sturgis.
    Why do thinking people care about the SD death rate? Because a SS in SD would have spread the virus and caused the death rate to skyrocket. It didn't.
    Thinking people have no interest in the SD death rate. That has nothing to do with anything.
    Another question. The biker rally was in one town, that being Sturgis. How could that have caused the entire state of SD to have a Covid spike?
    Probably because the bikers went to drive-ups and restaurants, gas stations, motels, Walmart and other stores. The owners/employees spread covid germs to others throughout the state.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 03:11 PM

Thinking people have no interest in the SD death rate. That has nothing to do with anything.
    Thinking people can read the statement above and figure it out in about two seconds or less.

Probably because the bikers went to drive-ups and restaurants, gas stations, motels, Walmart and other stores. The owners/employees spread covid germs to others throughout the state.
    They could IF THEY WERE INFECTED. But as thinking people now know, the infection rate in SD is low. Try again. But even at that, it is all speculation by you. You have no evidence at all, and that's bad for a former librarian and self-proclaimed Google search expert.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 03:20 PM
    They could IF THEY WERE INFECTED. But as thinking people now know, the infection rate in SD is low. Try again.
    As I already explained, the bikers came from all over the US, not just from SD. Then they returned home TO OTHER STATES, taking covid germs with them that bikers FROM OTHER STATES had brought with them to the rally.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 03:30 PM
    Just more conjecture. You have no evidence for that. How do you know that most of them weren't vaccinated or had acquired immunity by having Covid in the past? Were you there? Did you follow any of them home? How do you know this?

Look, I'm not in favor of giant bike rallies. It strikes me as foolish. I'd like to see everyone get vaxed and let's try to get past this. But I'm in no mood for fairy tales either, and if these people know the risk and choose to take it, then that's on them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2021, 03:45 PM
    Just more conjecture. You have no evidence for that. How do you know that most of them weren't vaccinated or had acquired immunity by having Covid in the past? Were you there? Did you follow any of them home? How do you know this?
    How do you know otherwise? My brother hasn't attended for two years for a good reason. Bikers are free spirits. Go to a meeting at your local bikers' club and ask how many have been vaccinated for covid.
    Look, I'm not in favor of giant bike rallies. It strikes me as foolish. I'd like to see everyone get vaxed and let's try to get past this. But I'm in no mood for fairy tales either, and if these people know the risk and choose to take it, then that's on them.
    Similar to the risks that (unvaccinated?) Trump fans chose to take at his rallies.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2021, 05:44 PM
    Conjecture matched by more conjecture.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2021, 02:58 AM
    Manhattanville College, a private school in Purchase, New York,

hard for them to have a super spreader event at a football game .... because they don't have a football team. They hardly have any sports program at all . They only have 1400 enrolled . Maybe the professor should venture out into the real world

100,000s of thousands in the US have attended outdoor sporting events in the last couple of months mask- less ,and packed together ,cheering loudly ,dancing and celebrating . If these were super spreader events you would have heard about it by now.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2021, 03:43 AM
    you know where there is a super spreader event ? There is one on the southern border every day . But not to worry . Jen (Baghdad Bob) Psaki says not to worry. The illegals don't need to follow the rules because (now get this ) they don't intend to stay here .

DOOCY: I have a question about what’s going on at the border is somebody asking the foreign nationals who are walking in and Del Rio, Texas and setting up camps on this side of the border for proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test?
    PSAKI: Well, first of all I can I can re-address for you, or re-talk you through what steps we take–
    DOOCY: That’s the policy for people who fly into the country. So if somebody walks into the country, right across the river, does somebody asked them to see their vaccination card?
    PSAKI: Well, let me explain to you again, Peter, how our process works. As individuals, as individuals come across the border, and they are both assessed for whether they have any symptoms, if they have symptoms they are, the intention is for them to be quarantined, that is our process. They’re not intending to stay here for a lengthy period of time. I don’t think it’s the same thing. It’s not the same thing. These are individuals, as we’ve noted, and as we’ve been discussed, we’re expelling individuals based on Title 42, specifically because of COVID, because we want to prevent a scenario where large numbers of people are gathering, posing a threat to the community and also to the migrants themselves. So, those are the policies that we put in place, in large part because, again, the CDC continues to recommend Title 42 to be in place given we’re facing a global pandemic.

They have flown some illegal Haitians back to Haiti. Other illegals that have crossed the border are flown to locations across the country often without the consent of the local authorities . Towns closer to the border have had to spend tremendous scarce resources to set up clinics to deal with the health of illegals who have crossed the border . But it is a good thing we have a handle on those nasty Europeans who are here on business or on vacation.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 04:37 AM
    you know where there is a super spreader event ? There is one on the southern border every day .
    Exactly correct except that this one is sponsored by our own government. It is the greatest disgrace of the current liberal dem administration. That's really saying something considering the level of competition for that award. But we can be encouraged by reminding ourselves that KH is in charge of the southern border and will doubtless have it all under control very soon.

, if they have symptoms they are, the intention is for them to be quarantined, that is our process. They’re not intending to stay here for a lengthy period of time.
    That has "evasion" written all over it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2021, 03:04 AM
    There have now been many weeks of these mass gatherings at sports arenas . I have yet to hear of any of them being reported as super spreader events . What I read is the opposite .Cases are declining .
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2021, 05:08 AM
    Very true. I've been watching the same thing. It seems that Americans are learning to adjust to Covid.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2021, 09:24 AM
    Very true. I've been watching the same thing. It seems that Americans are learning to adjust to Covid.
    They're getting covid shots, wearing masks, and social distancing when indoors. I was out and about on Thursday to finally get covid and flu shots, and was thrilled to see the cooperative efforts! My Facebook friends all over the US are reporting similar situations, even in Texas (but only partially in Oklahoma).
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2021, 04:52 AM
    So I am right in saying these mandates are about government power and not about public safety . Elimination of the virus is not possible .
    The coronavirus is here to stay — here’s what that means (nature.com)

"We want to do better than just control. We want to be on the brink of elimination," (Herr Doctor Fauci)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In america [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for help from you all. Hanaa is trying to find out what movie her teacher was in. Here are the clues 1. 3 letter title with "A____ in America 2. Came out in 2000 or 2001 3. Name is jamal jelani franklin 4. he was not the main actor 5. He was 10 or 11 at the time.

Ban from america [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Daniela I am asking a question about my daughter's father he entered United States in 2000 was arrested on drug charged when he got arrested he was using false identification while in prision he continued using that name and never gave his real information when released he was put on...

This is how we do it in america [ 61 Answers ]

Would you like bruises with that? MP Paul Gibson bashed in McDonald's carpark | News.com.au In a bizzaire exhibition of cowardise, apparently an american attacked an Australian politician in a car park shouting "this is how we do it in america". A short while ago a question was ask why do they...

God Sued (only in America) [ 1 Answers ]

God sued over pestilence and terror - Yahoo! News UK WASHINGTON (AFP) - A court in Nebraska is being asked to cast judgement on the ultimate judge -- God. State lawmaker Ernie Chambers filed a lawsuit Friday against the Almighty -- acknowledging he/she goes by numerous aliases -- for...

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search