Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2021, 05:00 AM
    First Domino?
    Former Director of National Intelligence Ric Grenell said the indictment of Perkins-Coie attorney Michael Sussmann by Special Counsel John Durham is an important development in the probe into the origins of the FBI's investigation into connections between the Trump campaign and Russia, but is not necessarily key to the entire genesis of the Russia investigation.

Grenell, who also served as President Trump's ambassador to Germany, called the entire probe "such a ‘swamp’ situation" and added that Sussmann was simply one of the subjects of 63 transcripts released while he was DNI, after Durham requested them.

"I hope that we have a lot of time to focus on these issues going forward. The media that pushed this, I don’t believe that the FBI officials were duped by an outside lawyer working with Hillary Clinton who lied about his client," Grenell, speaking on "Fox News Primetime," said of Sussmann.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/ric-gr...n-durham-probe
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2021, 07:58 AM
    In any time that there was any integrity in the compliant press ;the news that he was the point person in Evita's manufactured hoax against Trump ;and he lied to the FBI to get the deep state's intel and policing power to take down a political opponent would've been explosive headlines around the nation . But this charge against Sussmann will be met with a collective yawn and a call to move on.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2021, 08:51 AM
    In the, "It Just Keeps Getting Worse" category, now we see this.

T o fight tax evasion, the federal government wants the IRS to track any account in the United States that transacts more than $600 in or out over the course of a year. The tracking will apply to banks and other financial institutions. The feds claim that they will use any found tax dollars to help finance the administration’s new $3.5 trillion dollar plan.

The losses of freedom just keep accelerating.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2021, 09:10 AM
    The rule would require financial institutions to report total annual inflows and outflows on accounts with more than $600 — not individual transactions.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2021, 09:19 AM
    Untraceable currencies and barter becoming more attractive every day . I would have transactions like that every couple weeks when I was working just moving money from my direct deposit account to checking . It will probably be similar when I start dipping into retirement accounts for my expenditures .

This is on the blond hair ,blue eyed native American's wish list .It is supported by IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig who is looking to pad his agencies budget and increase it's power . I know he wants to beef up the IRS but wow ! How many agents do you need for that ? And what is that supposed to accomplish?

More proof that Quid's goal is not to go after the wealthy who have their accountants and lawyers to exploit the loopholes .He wants to go after the person who fills out their own form and makes an inadvertent error .

And like with his vax mandate ,he expects to deputize private industry to enforce his dictates .
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2021, 09:20 AM
    And that makes you feel somehow better, WG?

Banks and other financial institutions would also be required to report “aggregate account outflows and inflows.” In other words, the IRS will know about all of your bank accounts, whether you earned income on that account or not, how much is in the account in a given year, and how much was transferred in and out of the account. It is unclear how this would work, but what is clear is that this new reporting obligation will create a massive compliance effort on the part of financial institutions, and eliminate a massive blindspot that the IRS is currently enduring.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/irswatc...h=13ad57cd12bf
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2021, 09:44 AM
    Much of the information that banks would be required to report are already collected elsewhere.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2021, 09:49 AM
    Not really, and certainly not reported to the feds.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2021, 11:21 AM
    <sarc> and the banks will do this out a sense of patriotism and not pass on the incurred costs to their customers no doubt . </sarc >

Repeat after me ....pay your fair share ,pay your fair share ,pay your fair share ,pay your fair share ,pay your fair share ,pay your fair share ,pay your fair share..........

Define fair share .

Well Warren Buffett donates $ billions .He rarely sells assets and gives himself a nominal salary at Berkshire Hathaway. So yeah ;he probably does pay an effective rate less than his secretary in Federal taxes . Will Quid recommend the end of deductions for charitable contributions ? Doubt it . He would be stepping on too many toes the Dems suck . Those who argue about the mega rich not paying their share really are peeved about is that the government does not have control of how the charitable donations are distributed .
    Who's not paying their fair share ? 2019 44% of Americans paid no Federal taxes . Then came the covid relief and that number ballooned to 61% in 2020 .
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2021, 04:55 AM
    Back to the Durham indictment of Sussmann . I read some more detail on it . It was a parallel disinformation dirty trick to the Steele Dossier hoax . Durham did a good job detailing Sussmann's role .

Sussmann used Evita campaign funds to construct a 'memo' and other evidence alleging that communications between a server at the Alfa Bank in Russia and the Trump Tower in New York MIGHT be a secret backdoor communication system for Trump and Putin to collude in the stealing of the election . The indictment says the Alfa bank allegations came via an unidentified tech executive (“Tech Executive-1”), who according to one of his emails expected to get the “top [cybersecurity] job” in Evita's Administration. The memo he created was a fraud that has been completely debunked .

He gave the memo to the FBI General Council James Baker in the crucial weeks before the election. Sussmann lied to Baker telling him that he was just being a good citizen ;not disclosing his role in the Evita campaign. He charged all his work on the scam to the Evita campaign. Baker thinking the information came from a neutral source ran with it .

"Sussman's false statement to the FBI general counsel was material to that investigation because among other reasons it was relevant to the FBI whether the conveyor of these allegations was providing them as an ordinary citizen merely passing along information or whether he was instead doing so as a paid advocate for clients with a political or business agenda."
    9901e223-403a-47ce-93e0-1d78a5ff6627.pdf (justthenews.com)

So where does it go from here ? If Durham is allowed to continue then Sussmann probably cops a plea deal and fingers more Evita dirty tricksters . Some of them have prominent roles in Quid's administration and some of them still hold rank in the law enforcement and intel agencies .[ie Jake Sullivan, now Quid's National Security Advisor who admitted to a House Committee that as an Evita operative , he spread the hoax narrative to the compliant press ], There are many more people who need to be held to account for the hoax and the sham investigation aimed to first cover up Evita and Bubba's dealings with Moscow ,to damage the Trump campaign and finally to take down Trump .

Will Quid and Garland allow Durham to continue ? I doubt it . As you recall ;Quid played a role in the deception. We know as an example that he was in the Oval Office when discussing the take down of Flynn. We know the emperor sat in and we can speculate that none of this occurred without his blessing . Brennan told the emperor that Evita was concocting the dirty trick to cover up her vulnerably over Bubba's Russian ties and her server scandal .The emperor could've stopped government assistance in the hoax at any time .

Should Durham continue ? You betcha ! The indictment says that Clinton campaign officials were informed and updated about the scam, Durham was facing a statute of limitation deadline for the false statement charge. He doesn't face such restraints about other charges .

The compliant press has already been doing the leg work for the Dems .with headlines like "Is this all Durham has ? " Read the indictment , It is an earthquake that shatters the myth the Dems created and ran with for more than 4 years .
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2021, 05:05 AM
    Sussmann probably cops a plea deal and fingers more Evita dirty tricksters .
    I wonder if he is placing his life in jeopardy if he does that.

Will Quid and Garland allow Durham to continue ? I doubt it .
    That, rather sadly, is likely true. And the compliant press and liberal dems will yawn and go on about their day. That's the REALLY sad part.
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2021, 05:25 AM
    Sussmann probably cops a plea deal and fingers more Evita dirty tricksters .

I wonder if he is placing his life in jeopardy if he does that.
    remember the Bubba playbook Deny Deny Deny and then off your opponent .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2021, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Back to the Durham indictment of Sussmann . I read some more detail on it . It was a parallel disinformation dirty trick to the Steele Dossier hoax . Durham did a good job detailing Sussmann's role .
    Durham did nothing re the Steele Dossier. Read the indictment. Your post connects dots where none can be connected - plenty of "speculation" and typical right-wing baloney.

Sussmann used Evita campaign funds to construct a 'memo' and other evidence alleging that communications between a server at the Alfa Bank in Russia and the Trump Tower in New York MIGHT be a secret backdoor communication system for ...............................blah blah blah................ to get the “top [cybersecurity] job” in Evita's Administration. The memo he created was a fraud that has been completely debunked .
    vita campaign. Baker thinking ...blah blah blah................................. the information came from neutral source ran with it ."Sussman's false statement to the FBI general counsel was material to that investigation because among other reasons it was relevant to the FBI whether the conveyor of these allegations was providing them as an ordinary citizen merely passing alon.......................blah blah blah......................g in

formation or whether he was instead doing so as a paid advocate for clients with a political or business agenda."
    So where does it go from here ? If Durham is allowed to continue then Sussmann probably cops a plea deal and fingers more Evita dirty tricksters . Some of them have prominent roles in Quid's administration and some of them still hold rane hoax narrative to the compliant press ], There are many more people who need to be ennan told the emperor that Evita was concocting the dirty trick to cover up her vulnerably......................blah blah blah..................... doing the leg work for the Dems .with headlines like .

After years of investigation and millions of taxpayer dollars - and the statute of limitations looming in three days - all Durham could come up with is Sussman's alleged lie to the FBI in 2015 which Sussman correctly denies.

Rather than take on your extended BS, let's just agree with your sentence bolded above and let the chips fall where they may. Don't hold your breath.
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2021, 09:32 AM
    After years of investigation and millions of taxpayer dollars - and the statute of limitations looming in three days - all Durham could come up with is Sussman's alleged lie to the FBI in 2015 which Sussman correctly denies.

Rather than take on your extended BS, let's just agree with your sentence bolded above and let the chips fall where they may. Don't hold your breath.
    I share your frustration that Durham did not get more indictments . Part of the reason is that investigations of this nature with no predetermined outcome like the Russia hoax investigation take time and professional prosecutors follow a path that is plodding and methodical .

Another part of the reason was that he was charged to come up with a report about the Russiagate hoax origin. I expect he will be submitting that soon to AG Garland . I expect the Justice Dept will bury it . That is why I hope that Garland ;being one of the few honorable people in Quid's cabal, will do the right thing and let the justice system take it's course .
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2021, 09:41 AM
    If the report is not made public, then the repubs should absolutely raise cane about it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2021, 11:27 AM
    Part of the reason is that investigations of this nature with no predetermined outcome like the Russia hoax investigation take time and professional prosecutors follow a path that is plodding and methodical
    Durham's investigation lasted longer than the investigation he was investigating. Other than the lame indictment he came up with to beat the statute of limitations, he came up with nothing.

Mueller's investigation resulted in the prosecution of Papodopoulous, Flynn, Manafort, Gates, Cohen and others I can't recall at the moment. Then there were the 10-12 accusations of obstruction of justice still pending.

I expect he will be submitting that soon to AG Garland . I expect the Justice Dept will bury it
    You mean like AG Barr buried Mueller's report? Acknowledged by all to be a tissue of lies.

...do the right thing and let the justice system take it's course .
    We agree on that.
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2021, 05:55 PM
    Waiting for the pending conspiracy charges .

So who is Tech Executive -1 in the Sussmann indictment . ? Hmmmm " 13.By virtue of his position at Internet Company 1 and other companies Tech Executive -1 maintained direct and indirect access to ,and the ability to provide others access to, large amounts of internet and cybersecurity data including DNS data , " (page 5)
    Thinking it is Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg .

According to the indictment Tech Exec 1 was promised a gig in Evita's administration
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 04:24 PM
    According to the indictment Tech Exec 1 was promised a gig in Evita's administration
    That's little more than beltway gossip.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 05:31 PM
    see line item 15 in the indictment . Tech Exec-1 stated in an emaii that he was offered the top cybersecurity job in Evita's administration.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 05:40 PM
    see line item 15 in the indictment . Tech Exec-1 stated in an emaii that he was offered the top cybersecurity job in Evita's administration.
    Yes, I saw it. I'm not denying it's in the indictment, but you know anything can be stated in an indictment - even a ham sandwich.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domino clock [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a certain clock or/and the company who makes them so I can find one to buy. The clock runs off a USB cable and is like a standard oblong shaped bedside clock but instead of numbers it has different coloured spots/circles that you have to count to tell the time. So it...

How do I organize a DOMINO DRIVE? [ 0 Answers ]

How is a domino drive organised, I have been asked this for a Mothers Union group and I haven't a clue? Help. Dleonskie

View more questions Search