Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The infamous “they”. Sure sign of prejudice, yes?
    If they get properly vaccinated, wear masks, and social distance, all's good. They will be my people again.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 05:55 PM
    It's their business. It's our job to love them (and everyone else), vaccinated or not. Always amazed at how liberals love to toss that "they" around when talking about groups against whom they are prejudiced. "Fundies", I believe, was the term you used. Yeah, no prejudice there. Now if you could just get them to bathe and stop marrying their cousins...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 06:15 PM
    It's their business. It's our job to love them (and everyone else)
    Why do you hate me?

I'm not a liberal.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 06:45 PM
    I have no hate for you or anyone. Do you hate “fundies”? Why do you mock them?

Going by your posts here, you are solidly liberal.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 07:05 PM
    I have no hate for you or anyone. Do you hate “fundies”? Why do you mock them?
    I grew up with them, lived among them for years, went to church picnics and potluck suppers with them, attended services with them, went to school with their children, dated their sons.
    Going by your posts here, you are solidly liberal.
    Wow! I sure fooled you!
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 07:19 PM
    So you know perhaps 1/100 of 1% of them, and that makes you an expert?

You’re a liberal. No doubt about it. Quacks like a duck?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 07:25 PM
    So you know perhaps 1/100 of 1% of them, and that makes you an expert?
    Plus I know you.
    You’re a liberal. No doubt about it. Quacks like a duck?
    Ha! I'm following in Jesus' footsteps.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 07:32 PM
    One thing about fundamentalists I like. They are not afraid to clearly state their beliefs. They are not evasive.

You know me? Hardly.

Ask them a question and you get a straight answer. Wouldn’t that be refreshing?!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 08:04 PM
    One thing about fundamentalists I like. They are not afraid to clearly state their beliefs. They are not evasive

Ask them a question and you get a straight answer. Wouldn’t that be refreshing?!
    Problem is, too often they don't give a correct answer.

Like what Tucker Carlson said....
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 08:43 PM
    Problem is, too often they don't give a correct answer.
    Not sure I agree completely with that, but one way or the other, at least they give a clear answer that can then be judged as correct or incorrect. If you ask one of them is he/she believes in the resurrection, you will get a clear, concise answer pretty quickly. And if you present them with twenty or thirty Bible passages which all plainly support a particular conclusion, you will not be foolishly accused of cherry picking or be subject to some lecture about proof texts. Now they might attempt to counter your texts with other passages such as in the Calvin vs. Arminius debate, but they will not generally just dismiss the whole enterprise and run to another topic.

Tucker Carlson is far removed from being a fundamentalist.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 08:52 PM
    Not sure I agree completely with that, but one way or the other, at least they give a clear answer that can then be judged as correct or incorrect.
    Been there, done that as a LCMS PK.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 08:54 PM
    Been there, done that as a LCMS PK.
    You certainly don't do it now. You are not for nor against abortion. You are not a liberal nor a conservative. You like to turn on the fog machine as frequently as possible. So those "fundies" you deride so frequently at least have some convictions they are willing to state and defend. I have to admire that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 08:57 PM
    You certainly don't do it now. You are not for nor against abortion.
    You get an F for reading comprehension. I'm against abortion.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 09:00 PM
    No you're not. You like to say you are against abortion, but you want it to remain perfectly legal and vote for those who agree with that. It's like saying, "I'm against slavery, but I don't want to change any of the slavery laws."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 09:01 PM
    No you're not. You like to say you are against abortion, but you want it to remain perfectly legal and vote for those who agree with that. It's like saying, "I'm against slavery, but I don't want to change any of the slavery laws."
    You're crazy!
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 09:02 PM
    Deny it if you can.

Do you want abortion laws changed?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 09:15 PM
    Do you agree pregnant females who want an abortion should get counseling?

Do you believe females pregnant because of rape or incest should be allowed an abortion?

Should pregnant girls under 16 have an abortion?
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 09:24 PM
    Remember what I said about asking a fundamentalist a question and getting a clear answer from a person who has a clear idea of his beliefs and a willingness to defend them? And then I said that, "You certainly don't do it now. You are not for nor against abortion. You are not a liberal nor a conservative. You like to turn on the fog machine as frequently as possible." Well, I present this evidence. When asked if you wanted abortion laws changed, rather than getting an answer, I get this.

Do you agree pregnant females who want an abortion should get counseling?

Do you believe females pregnant because of rape or incest should be allowed an abortion?

Should pregnant girls under 16 have an abortion?
    So much for getting clear answers from you, but I'm happy to show you how it's done.

1. No, since I don't think they should get an abortion to begin with.
    2. That's a tough one. You are basically asking this. Should a woman pregnant from rape or incest be allowed to have her unborn child killed? I'd have to say no to that one.
    3. Should pregnant girls under 16 be allowed to have their unborn child killed? Not unless that pregnancy clearly threatens her life. That is extraordinarily rare. Typically she can carry the baby close enough to nine months to be able to give birth to a pre-term child which will at least have a good chance.

See how that's done? See why I accuse you of loving fog? The reason is very clear. You want to claim to be against abortion while not wanting to have any laws against it, thus demonstrating that you are very much pro-abortion. The truth usually comes out in the end.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 09:39 PM
    I'm heading to sleep. I do hope your hubster is doing better.

Tomorrow.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2021, 01:13 AM
    Now if you could just get them to bathe and stop marrying their cousins...
    What a terrible thing for you to say about white evangelical fundamentalists. You, who criticizes what others say, have the filthiest mouth on this board. For shame!

Why do you mock them?.
    No one here has mocked them as much as you have. See above.

Quacks like a duck?
    Thought you didn't approve of plagiarism???

If you ask one of them is he/she believes..., you will get a clear, concise answer pretty quickly.
    You mean like talking snakes???

Tucker Carlson is far removed from being a fundamentalist.
    Good grief, what an example! Could you possibly pick anyone who is so plainly a nutcase based on his taped and video'd idiocies for years??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The new Texas abortion law is unconstitutional [ 1 Answers ]

No ;not because it violates the unconstitutional 'Roe v Wade ' decision It is unconstitutional because it creates what the libs call a vigilante system where someone not involved in the specific case can bring a civil case forward . SCOTUS did not hear the case over procedural issues. When...

What was the impact of delay in taking Anti D injection after medical abortion [ 0 Answers ]

My wife had a medical abortion 5years ago,her blood group is B- but we forgot to take ANTI D INJECTION and it was taken after 14 days later .is there is any problem in the time of next pregnancy

Computer viruses masking itself as an anti-virus program [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I purchases a laptop for my daughter in May. A Toshiba from Best Buy. Suddenly appearing on the computer is some type of security software from Best Buy that keeps popping up asking for $50. To activate. The pop-up keeps popping up all over the screen to the point that you cannot use the...

How come that swine flu is now able to cause a pandemic? [ 2 Answers ]

Even though both the classical swine flu and humans seasonal flu H1N1 originate from Spanish flu 1918.

Influenza pandemic [ 1 Answers ]

If the bird flu virus gained the ability to pass between humans. In what ways would it affect the UK? And what would be do to resolve them?

View more questions Search