Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 12:03 PM
    We are discussing abortion, how it's done. This is not a "post your beliefs" thread.
    Oh? Is that how you explain this? "That would be a lot on the plate of a 15 y/o girl. Up at night with a squalling infant. Breastfeeding or bottle feeding? Doctor visits. The new mom wants to go to school events, dances, go on dates, has to do homework, go to the library after school. She and her parents may be shunned by other students and neighbors and church members because she is an unmarried mother. And on and on." What did that have to do with how abortions are done?
    I have never stated that I agree with it and support it.
    Yep. It's the ever popular "straddle the fence" option. Miss Evasion strikes again.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Oh? Is that how you explain this? "That would be a lot on the plate of a 15 y/o girl. Up at night with a squalling infant. Breastfeeding or bottle feeding? Doctor visits. The new mom wants to go to school events, dances, go on dates, has to do homework, go to the library after school. She and her parents may be shunned by other students and neighbors and church members because she is an unmarried mother. And on and on." What did that have to do with how abortions are done?
    Yep. It's the ever popular "straddle the fence" option. Miss Evasion strikes again.
    It was part of our discussion, Mr. Abuse to Confuse.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 12:24 PM
    You were supporting a belief of yours that a fifteen year old girl should be able to have an abortion so she would not have to be shunned by other students or miss dances.

"Miss Evasion" should be your name. But you can show me to be wrong by simply coming out with a position on abortion instead of being evasive by straddling the fence.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 12:29 PM
    You were supporting a belief of yours that a fifteen year old girl should be able to have an abortion so she would not have to be shunned by other students or miss dances.
    Abortion was not mentioned. Do you deny "it would be a lot on the plate of a fifteen-year-old girl" to be pregnant and have a baby?

"Miss Evasion" should be your name. But you can show me to be wrong by simply coming out with a position on abortion instead of being evasive by straddling the fence.
    I have never stated that I agree with it and support it. Thus, I do not agree with it or support it.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 12:38 PM
    It was mentioned when you first posed the question.

Of course it would. That’s why I, unlike you, say we should encourage young girls to abstain from sex until marriage.

Thus you are a fence straddler, ever fearful of taking a position. But all of your comments are pro-abortion.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 12:40 PM
    It was mentioned when you first posed the question.

Thus you are a fence straddler.
    Nope. I have never stated that I agree with it and support it. Thus, I do not agree with it or support it.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 12:43 PM
    As I said, a fence straddler, for neither do you oppose it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 12:58 PM
    As I said, a fence straddler, for neither do you oppose it.
    It's time for your nap. You're overtired.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 02:43 PM
    It's time for some honesty. You're being evasive.

Good thing we elected Biden to get this Covid deal under control. Covid deaths are now nearly at two thousand per day.

‘Soul-crushing’: US COVID-19 deaths are topping 1,900 a day | News 4 Buffalo (wivb.com)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2021, 03:09 PM
    Deaths from flu in the last 10 years ranged from 12,000 to 61,000 annually with an average of 37,000 per year.

Deaths from Covid-19 is approaching 700,000 and will go far past that. Annualized, the death total is over 500,000 and increasing.

To your 3,000,000 flu cases annually, so far there have been 41,200,000+ Covid-19 cases in 20 months.

Summary:

Flu cases ----------- 3,000,000
    Covid cases -------- 25,000,000 (annualized from 20 months)

Flu deaths ---------- 37,000 annually
    Covid deaths ------- 500,000 annually - projected to Dec. 31, 2021.

Trump began the invalid comparison between flu and Covid. It was widely debunked at the time. I'm surprised you are still using it.

you missed the point .I was NOT comparing the covid pandemic of today with the annual flu .I was comparing the inevitable covid endemic of the future with the current annual flu endemic .
    Covid will not disappear and any expectation that it will is delusional .The more realistic view is that ]enough people will gain immune protection from vaccination and from natural infection such that there will be less transmission and much a less COVID in terms of hospitalization and death .
    You know this is a fact because the vaccines loose effectiveness real quick ;within a couple of months . The strongest immunity is in those who have had the virus and the vaccine.

Vaccines are a part of the answer . But the constant dismissals of effective therapeutics is what is driving up the death rate ..

The 1918 flu ,the 1957 flu ,the 1968 flu ,the 2009 swine flu all were pandemic that turned into endemics . As virus' matures they become less deadly . They are not trying to kill their host . That would be self defeating .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 03:13 PM
    It's time for some honesty. You're being evasive.
    Evasive?
    Good thing we elected Biden to get this Covid deal under control. Covid deaths are now nearly at two thousand per day.
    If only those fundie Southern white guys (and their wives) would get those darn covid vaccinations and wear masks and stop waving their arms around, "God will protect me."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2021, 03:23 PM
    If only those fundie Southern white guys (and their wives) would get those darn covid vaccinations and wear masks and stop waving their arms around, "God will protect me."
    The largest demographic that has so called vaccine hesitancy is American Blacks . And I don't blame them at all for their mistrust of the medical community .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The largest demographic that has so called vaccine hesitancy is American Blacks . And I don't blame them at all for their mistrust of the medical community .
    Good point, tomder. My sis is in SC where ivermectin is the drug of choice. And no masks.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 03:56 PM
    If only those fundie Southern white guys (and their wives)
    My goodness! What a racist statement, especially considering that it's not even correct. Shaaammmmeee!

Thank goodness for the Trump vaccine.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 04:17 PM
    My goodness! What a racist statement, especially considering that it's not even correct. Shaaammmmeee!
    Not if I'm white too and am still part of that cohort. I know them too well.
    Thank goodness for the Trump vaccine.
    ...which he received three months after he had been hospitalized with covid....
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 05:08 PM
    You are prejudiced against white conservative Christians. In this case you were wrong. Isn’t it terrible what prejudice does? It causes a person to indict an entire group of people falsely.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2021, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    you missed the point .I was NOT comparing the covid pandemic of today with the annual flu .I was comparing the inevitable covid endemic of the future with the current annual flu endemic
    If this was your point, you missed making it.

the vaccines loose effectiveness real quick ;within a couple of months
    Flat out wrong. Your opposition to vaccines and masking is deadly.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2021, 05:36 PM
    You are prejudiced against white conservative Christians. In this case you were wrong. Isn’t it terrible what prejudice does? It causes a person to indict an entire group of people falsely.
    No prejudice. I'm still part of that cohort.

It causes a person to indict an entire group of people falsely.
    Falsely? They refuse to be vaccinated, refuse to wear masks, refuse to social distance.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2021, 05:38 PM
    The infamous “they”. Sure sign of prejudice, yes?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2021, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Falsely? They refuse to be vaccinated, refuse to wear masks, refuse to social distance.
    They are the most ignorant religious group in the nation. Among other proofs, is that they are the largest demographic that voted for Trump.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The new Texas abortion law is unconstitutional [ 1 Answers ]

No ;not because it violates the unconstitutional 'Roe v Wade ' decision It is unconstitutional because it creates what the libs call a vigilante system where someone not involved in the specific case can bring a civil case forward . SCOTUS did not hear the case over procedural issues. When...

What was the impact of delay in taking Anti D injection after medical abortion [ 0 Answers ]

My wife had a medical abortion 5years ago,her blood group is B- but we forgot to take ANTI D INJECTION and it was taken after 14 days later .is there is any problem in the time of next pregnancy

Computer viruses masking itself as an anti-virus program [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I purchases a laptop for my daughter in May. A Toshiba from Best Buy. Suddenly appearing on the computer is some type of security software from Best Buy that keeps popping up asking for $50. To activate. The pop-up keeps popping up all over the screen to the point that you cannot use the...

How come that swine flu is now able to cause a pandemic? [ 2 Answers ]

Even though both the classical swine flu and humans seasonal flu H1N1 originate from Spanish flu 1918.

Influenza pandemic [ 1 Answers ]

If the bird flu virus gained the ability to pass between humans. In what ways would it affect the UK? And what would be do to resolve them?

View more questions Search