Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2021, 03:38 PM
    "The city's registrar's office said the ballots had been sent out for next month's recall election but hadn't been filled out or returned by voters, KABC reported."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2021, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    [Canadian] ballots are not automatically delivered to everyone in the register rolls . Those voting by mail must include a proof of identity and address in their application .
    Which system do you trust more to ensure a fair election ?
    That's what Illinois does. I call the county election commission to request a ballot be mailed to me. I'm asked a half-dozen questions to identify myself as a legit voter. I'm told ballots aren't mailed out. Instead I will be mailed an application that asks me to confirm who I am (e.g., birthdate, last four digits of my SS#, et al.), plus my signature on the completed ballot. I mail it back to the county and call several days later to confirm it has been received. Easy peasy!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2021, 05:56 PM
    "The city's registrar's office said the ballots had been sent out for next month's recall election but hadn't been filled out or returned by voters, KABC reported."
    Yep. Kind of like saying they had not been opened.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2021, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yep. Kind of like saying they had not been opened.
    So what good are they?
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2021, 06:28 PM
    That’s not the point and you know it.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2021, 06:30 PM
    no ID ,no signature verification . Easy to fill out and submit .300 votes to your preferred candidates
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2021, 06:31 PM
    That’s not the point and you know it.
    The mailed-in ballot must contain the voter's signature that, once the ballot is received by the county election board, is compared with that voter's signature on file.
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2021, 06:42 PM
    That’s true for Cali? Sure?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2021, 06:53 PM
    That’s true for Cali? Sure?
    https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/vot...l#vote-by-mail
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2021, 07:24 PM
    Who does the checking? Dems?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2021, 07:28 PM
    Who does the checking? Dems?
    I'll call them tomorrow.
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2021, 07:41 PM
    Then tomorrow it is. Sleep well.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2021, 07:58 PM
    Indications of fraud were evident in the early voting
    Indications of fraud are not actual fraud. Collecting ballots for the elderly, the disabled and others who are unable to otherwise cast a ballot has rarely been shown to be a fraud. In the cases where fraud has been observed, Project Veritas, a far-right organization run by James O'Keefe, is known to be a fraud. Other known instances are also from Republicans.

The former GOP Republican Party is now composed of fundamentalists, Bible belt folk, Trump cultists, and far right-wing politics - all are interchangeable. Add racist, rural, and white evangelicals.

The Trump years have brought them all out from under their various rocks and after the last several years they have come together as one, culminating in the Jan 6 insurrection. The remaining decent ones in these groups have a huge task ahead of them - bringing sanity to their fellows.

Now the wackos are regrouping for another go at the Capitol as they wave their confederate flags while their Hitlerian madman wannabee-Fuehrer stews in his bunker hoping for more bloodshed as he waits to be reinstalled in the position America so rightly booted him from.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2021, 02:37 AM
    Indications of fraud are not actual fraud.
    and in a state so dominated by Dems there is zero chance of any serious examination of possible fraud.
    Collecting ballots for the elderly, the disabled and others who are unable to otherwise cast a ballot has rarely been shown to be a fraud
    Sending out teams of partisans to collect them is ripe with the potential for fraud . You know it and I know it . If Republican partisans were going door to door here in SC collecting ballots ,you know Jim Clyburn would be raising holy hell .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2021, 03:33 AM
    and in a state so dominated by Dems there is zero chance of any serious examination of possible fraud.
    In any state dominated by a Republican state legislature, there is every possibility of claiming fraud where none exists. This is what is happening in swing states now in order to disenfranchise Democratic voters and replace duly-elected Democrats with Republicans.

Sending out teams of partisans to collect them is ripe with the potential for fraud . You know it and I know it
    I know nothing of the sort. To repeat, potential fraud is not actual fraud.

If Republican partisans were going door to door here in SC collecting ballots ,you know Jim Clyburn would be raising holy hell .
    Only if fraud were proven.

I might add here that the issue of fraud is entirely from your team claiming without a shred of evidence that the 2020 election was rigged and promulgated by your insane leader Donald Trump.

The CyberNinja screwball in Arizona is curiously silent lately. What? He couldn't find any fraud after all his ballyhoo? Then there are the other nutcases like Giulilani and Powell who were thrown out of 60+ courts. And Attorney General Barr who kissed Trump's butt until it was too much even for him.

Fraud is not your side's strong suit, tomder.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2021, 04:23 AM
    Now the wackos are regrouping for another go at the Capitol as they wave their confederate flags while their Hitlerian madman wannabee-Fuehrer stews in his bunker hoping for more bloodshed as he waits to be reinstalled in the position America so rightly booted him from.
    Someone's been drinking a little tooooo much coffee.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2021, 05:42 AM
    We all need a laugh from time to time.

Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2021, 06:08 AM
    if any of these audits and examinations of election results end with tighter ballot security and the implementation of voter ID it will be well worth it Until such time that the integrity of the franchise is guaranteed there will always be mistrust in the outcomes. I don't care which side you are on . If you endorse banana republic methods you are going to get banana republic outcomes .In Kalifornia voters were being told that they could not vote because they had already voted . Nah no fraud there ! The state mailed out 22 million ballots ahead of time based on registration Voter registration is based on drivers licenses - motor-voter law .The state gives illegals drivers licenses. The state doesn't require voter ID.. You can talk of no proof of fraud and I'll say the whole thing is fraud

Meanwhile American blacks can take comfort in the fact they they can be smeared as white supremacists .Elder saw the insanity associated with the management of the state and blamed Newsom and not the people.. That was his mistake .

The majority like walking over homeless people and sidestepping the human feces . The majority like their schools closed while the elites send their kids to private schools .The majority like that most school systems in the state fail the needs of their students . The majority like living in perpetual drought while the state flushed water into the Pacific to save a bait fish . The majority like living in a cauldron because of poor land management .The majority like paying $5 gas /blackouts because the state thinks it can power a 21st century infrastructure with windmills and solar farms .

They don't suffer from pandemic as much as they suffer from plandemic . Yeah the brilliance of the Dem supermajority central planners is on full display in the state .They have managed to turn the Garden of Eden and the breadbasket of the solar system into a fiery desert and slum .

There is a population flight out of the state by most sensible people . Either they have already left or are in the process of leaving . Those left will be the elitists who can afford to stay ,or the destitute who have no option but to live on the 'crumbs for the pigeons' that the compassionate progressive nannystate deems then worthy of having . The elites live in fortified gated communities (they outsource their 2nd amendment rights ).They are surrounded by no go zone slums that the police are prohibited from patrolling . Every day gangs of marauders converge on retail businesses and shop lift the state allowed $999 worth of goods . The elites don't have to worry . They never set foot in Walmart .

The smart move for anyone in Kalifornia is to get out . The state is lost .
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2021, 06:43 AM
    The majority like walking over homeless people and sidestepping the human feces . The majority like their schools closed while the elites send their kids to private schools .The majority like that most school systems in the state fail the needs of their students . The majority like living in perpetual drought while the state flushed water into the Pacific to save a bait fish . The majority like living in a cauldron because of poor land management .The majority like paying $5 gas /blackouts because the state thinks it can power a 21st century infrastructure with windmills and solar farms .
    Absolutely correct. It is a combination of lower income folks who are happy that the state says it will take care of them and the elites/near elites who want to appear to be noble because they are in favor of windmills, solar farms, tolerating the tent farms of the homeless (with which they never interact), and a welfare state. So they are, sad to say, getting what they deserve. It will get worse in the future.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2021, 12:51 AM
    Now the wackos are regrouping for another go at the Capitol
    So yesterday the police and the media vastly outnumbered all the "wackos " who threatened to overthrow the nation . There was an arrest . One of the "insurrectionists " had a firearm ,and had priors There was also an arrest of a counter protester .

The organizer of this massive 400 person protest was so pro Trump that he urged attendees to not wear pro Trump paraphernalia.

For the record the 400 gathered to support a fair judicial process for the over 600 charged after the January 6 riot. many of whom have been detained for many weeks without being charged or even knowing the charges against them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search