Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dobie1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 09:56 AM
    filter slot bar broke off
    I use 20x20x20 filters for my heating system. One side of the metal bars(slots) that hold the filter just fell off. How do I re-attach it? Appreciate anyone who knows.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Apr 21, 2007, 10:29 AM
    I am assuming that the "return air" grate assembly is broken. It would be unlikely that the hinged side came free (wore out). If the two studs that hold the other side broke or got pushed back, you could just drill a couple of holes and use longer sheet metal screws to hold it in place. If in fact the grate assembly is worn out, a replacement can be had from a sheet metal shop for probably under $50.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grounding Bar vs. Neutral Bar? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all. I have extended the wires from an unused 240 outlet to the backyard for a spa via a sub-panel. I also hooked up a new grounding electrode near it to avoid having to run a fourth wire all the way back to the main panel. This fourth wire goes to the small grounding bar in the sub-panel...

Marble or Granite for a wine bar w/ stainless bar sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Would Marble be an appropriate choice for a bar top that will have a small stainless steel undermount bar sink? I have been quoted the same price for marble or granite. Are these counter tops usually the same price?

Annoying Internet Bar over the Task Bar [ 1 Answers ]

My grandson has messed around with my computer and an annoying Bar now sits over the Task bar when on the internet. To the extreme left is Internet Explorer logo e] followed by DONE. To the extreme right is a Blue Globe followed by INTERNET. If a URL is clicked the bar then shows :...

I want to know about pci slot prob [ 3 Answers ]

I have a computer every thing was working fine in it.. (p I've 1.7 mhz) After some day when I added a new sound card its not detceting it But I checked the sound card in another system with same mother board and configaration it works fine But in my PC it doesn't detes in any of the pci slots,...

1 Ram slot on motherboard and it is empty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there and thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have a generic built computer. Recently in trying to upgrade it I discovered some things, this mother board has on board everything! Sound, enet, video, usb, and apparently RAM. I want to upgrade my RAM. In the system properties it...

View more questions Search