Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2021, 05:11 AM
    AOC strikes again
    She's the gift that just keeps on giving.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., was roundly mocked on Twitter for using the term "menstruating person" instead of women in a recent interview.
    On Tuesday, Ocasio-Cortez appeared on CNN’s "Anderson Cooper 360" to discuss Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s statements on the Texas Heartbeat Act, which prohibits abortions after six weeks. She claimed that the law was actually not "about supporting life" and instead was about controlling "women’s bodies" as well as "any menstruating person."
    "None of this is about supporting life. What this is about is controlling women’s bodies, & controlling people who are not cisgender men. This is about making sure that someone like me as a woman or any menstruating person in this country cannot make decisions over their own body," she said.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/aoc-mo...describe-women
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2021, 04:26 AM
    I did not know about cigenders men and that I was one until a couple of days ago. In my silly simple mind either I was a male or not .....and since I was a little child I knew I was male . I guess that puts me on the low part of the totem pole in All Out Crazy's mind.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2021, 05:23 AM
    Yeah. Thank goodness for people like AOC to keep the great unwashed masses up to date on these developments for modern man. It's even funnier that it hasn't seemed to occur to her that "any menstruating person" would not be a candidate for an abortion to begin with.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2021, 07:52 AM
    She was qualifying/identifying a "woman" as being cisgender, not trans.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2021, 08:30 AM
    Is that supposed to make it more sensible, to tell us that a "transwoman" cannot have an abortion? I think that not only do we already know that, but it just blows up the whole idea that a man who thinks he is a woman actually is a woman. Well, no he's not.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2021, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    a man who thinks he is a woman actually is a woman. Well, no he's not.
    Chromosomes say he is.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2021, 10:08 AM
    Since when does the XY sex chromosome combo indicate female?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2021, 10:44 AM
    Since when does the XY sex chromosome combo indicate female?
    Hormones, especially estrogen, can affect the developing fetus. Here are two examples:
    1. Doctors prescribed estrogen from 1938 until 1971 to help some pregnant women who had had miscarriages or premature deliveries. At that time it was believed that these problems might have been caused by low levels of estrogen in the woman’s body. DES (Diethylstilbestrol) was used to correct this problem. Exposure to DES before birth has caused many boy babies to be transgender.
    2. Klinefelter syndrome is a genetic condition that results when a boy is born with an extra copy of the X chromosome. Klinefelter syndrome is a genetic condition affecting males, and it often isn't diagnosed until adulthood.

We all start out as female, "which is perhaps hardly surprising given that the womb is an environment awash with female hormones. A genetically male fetus will therefore de­velop the female form of sexual organs until ‘maleness’ is switched on by the SRY gene on the Y chromosome, and the fetal testis starts to develop and then produce testosterone. Incidentally a func­tioning ovary is not needed to appear to be female, whereas a functioning testis is essential for a man."
    https://healthdoctrine.com/hormones-...e-development/
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2021, 10:52 AM
    Hormones, especially estrogen, can affect the developing fetus.
    But that's not what you said. You clearly said "chromosomes". I suppose I should have realized that your symbolic meaning was "hormones"??

I don't think anyone seriously suggests that Klinefelter Syndrome is responsible for the TG phenomenon. The two are not generally related.

As to the estrogen situation, that ended in 1971, so men aged 50 or more might appeal to that. That's a very small part of the group.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2021, 11:21 AM
    But that's not what you said. You clearly said "chromosomes". I suppose I should have realized that your symbolic meaning was "hormones"??
    Chromosomes are affected in utero by hormones.
    I don't think anyone seriously suggests that Klinefelter Syndrome is responsible for the TG phenomenon. The two are not generally related.
    Of course, they are. Research can be your best friend.
    As to the estrogen situation, that ended in 1971, so men aged 50 or more might appeal to that. That's a very small part of the group.
    Most of the males who have "come out" as transgender females are in that age group. If you'd read the entirety of what I posted, fetuses begin as female and, depending on testosterone activity, may retain a female brain. I had a bit later added more plus a link that you may not have seen.

Men can't just, willy nilly, ask their primary doctor to make them women. There's a protocol to undergo, and that takes years.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2021, 11:32 AM
    Chromosomes are affected in utero by hormones.
    No, they are not. Chromosomes are set at conception. Learn some biology. "When the X containing sperm fertilizes the ova, female offsprings are formed. When the ovum is fertilized by Y containing sperms male offsprings are formed. Hence the sex of the child is determined by the type of sex chromosome contributed by the father. "

https://www.vedantu.com/biology/sex-determination

Of course, they are. Research can be your best friend.
    Unfortunately for you, I already have. You are simply wrong. Even worse for you, KS is easily treated with testosterone injections. End of story.

Most of the males who have "come out" as transgender females are in that age group.
    Don't think that's true, but if you can prove it, then go for it. There is, for instance, a virtual stampede of children who are deciding they are trans after being encouraged to do so by ignorant adults.

If you'd read the entirety of what I posted, fetuses begin as female and, depending on testosterone activity, may retain a female brain.
    You were doing fine until the last five words. I'd have to see evidence for that. I'm not even convinced there is any such thing as a "female brain", or at least in the sense that you are using it. Not at birth there's not.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2021, 11:43 AM
    No, they are not. Chromosomes are set at conception. Learn some biology.
    Do some honest research. Biology info has changed a lot since we were in school.
    Unfortunately for you, I already have. You are simply wrong.
    Don't make me sic Jessica on you.
    Don't think that's true, but if you can prove it, then go for it. There is, for instance, a virtual stampede of children who are deciding they are trans after being encouraged to do so by ignorant adults.
    I don't have to prove it. Do some honest research on DES.
    You were doing fine until the last five words. I'd have to see evidence for that. I'm not even convinced there is any such thing as a "female brain", or at least in the sense that you are using it. Not at birth there's not.
    We are ALL female in utero until a testosterone bath occurs later. At birth, it depends on which hormones have had the most influence on the fetus's physical and mental development.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2021, 11:51 AM
    Do some honest research. Biology info has changed a lot since we were in school.
    I am a certified biology teacher. I have no intention of debating something so stupid as the idea that sex chromosomes are somehow determined later in pregnancy. We might as well discuss whether or not 2 plus 2 equals 4.

I don't have to prove it.
    You have no idea of how to prove it. How do you "prove" something that's not true?

We are ALL female in utero until a testosterone bath occurs later.
    Gender is determined at conception. It's a very simple concept that you refuse to accept since it does not support your political and social philosophies. What do you think determines whether or not that "testosterone bath" will take place?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2021, 12:04 PM
    I am a certified biology teacher. I have no intention of debating something so stupid as the idea that sex chromosomes are somehow determined later in pregnancy. We might as well discuss whether or not 2 plus 2 equals 4.
    I. Did. NOT. Say. They. Are. Somrhow. Determined. Later. In. Pregnancy!!!!
    And Biology has grown a few inches and a few arms and legs since you studied it.
    You have no idea of how to prove it. How do you "prove" something that's not true?
    Research DES. Research what happens during pregnancy, especially the hormones flowing.
    Gender is determined at conception. It's a very simple concept that you refuse to accept since it does not support your political and social philosophies.
    We all begin as female.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2021, 12:51 PM
    I said, "Chromosomes are set at conception." Your reply was, "Do some honest research. Biology info has changed a lot since we were in school." All you had to do was simply agree, but you didn't. Now it seems you are finally seeing the light. Gender...is...determined...at...conception.

We all begin as female.
    That is untrue. Your sex chromosomes are either XX (female) or XY (male). That is determined at the moment of conception. Don't know how to get you to understand one of the most basic principles of human biology. Oh well. I've done my best. Now it's up to you.

If an egg is fertilized by an X-bearing sperm, the resulting embryo will have two X chromosomes (XX) and will grow into a baby girl. If a Y-bearing sperm fertilizes the egg, the embryo will have XY chromosomes – a boy (except in the rare case of testicular feminization). Since men’s sperm carry both male and female chromosomes (Y & X) in 50:50 proportion and women’s eggs carry only one female chromosome (only X, because her sex chromosomes are XX), the man’s sperm holds the key to a baby’s gender.
    https://www.gender-baby.com/methods/...is-determined/
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2021, 02:50 AM
    This is not a fair fight . If transformers want to compete in sports ,they should have their own category . Notice how you never see "former" women trying this stunt . It is always the "former" men who play women's sports and compete on an uneven playing field .

Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut (nypost.com)
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2021, 05:31 AM
    Amazing how liberal dems want to follow the science until it goes against their political persuasions, and then it's time to throw science under the bus.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2021, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    This is not a fair fight . If transformers want to compete in sports ,they should have their own category .
    I totally agree, tomder! New competition categories should be set up. Tboys vs. Tgirls? Or each with their own league?
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2021, 04:23 AM
    classic All Out Crazy move
    She paid ;or most likely a donor paid $30,000 to attend the Metgala ($275,000 for a table ) . The Metgala is affectionately called “fashion's biggest night out,” It is sometimes referred to as the Costume Institute Gala or the Costume Institute Benefit or the Met Ball. It is a funder raiser or the Metropolitan Museum of Art where celebs hobnob and show off their fashion.

The Met is a museum worthy of supporting . I have been there many times and gladly pay the "suggested " admission price .... oops I mean contribution ($25/adult ) .
    Pre-covid thousands of people visited the museum daily It also has a who's who of permanent patrons . So a gala to support it seems unnecessary . But it is the rich celebrating each other . So who am I to object ?

But All Out Crazy attended and her choice of gown and statement was a white dress with red graffiti letters that said "tax the rich"

Another example of do as I say not as I do. I was not there but I'm sure some of the celebs she rubs elbows with heartily agreed with her message . They have accountants and lawyers who can shelter their money and assets . The farmer who is "rich" because of property value ;or the businessperson who is "rich" because they bust their butt 24/7 to stay in business does not attend such galas .
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2021, 04:30 AM
    And as has been stated many times, the "rich" are pretty much the only ones who pay federal income taxes. The top twenty percent of income earners pay close to ninety percent of those taxes. The bottom half pay basically nothing. So her dress should have said, "Tax the Rich More."

Even better, it should have read, "Print More Money."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ilhan strikes again [ 7 Answers ]

This is what we're dealing with these days. "Ilhan Omar cites rising COVID cases to demand Biden cancel student debt." Now first of all, what does the covid rate have to do with student debt? But worst of all, there is no such thing as "cancelling" student debt. The debt, which is from private...

Three strikes your out [ 4 Answers ]

I have a female in-law that is awaiting trial in Texas for threatening a boyfriend with a knife, she has two previous convictions for similar offenses. Does she stand a chance of going to jail for this offense. She got probation on the previous two, but obviously did not learn any lessons. She also...

Lucky Strikes [ 3 Answers ]

Where could one buy Lucky Strikes? Are they out there anymore?

Little Johnny strikes again [ 4 Answers ]

Little Johnny's neighbors had a baby. Unfortunately the baby, was born without ears. When the mother and new baby came home from the hospital, Johnny's family was invited over to see the baby. Before they left their house, Little Johnny's dad had a talk with him and explained that the baby had no...

Lightning strikes [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: can lightning strike twice in the same place?:confused:

View more questions Search