Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starchy Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2021, 11:33 AM
    Voltage Fluctuation
    I have a 200 Amp panel in my home. I have a circuit that feeds one bedroom and the overhead light fixture flickers. I thought that maybe the breaker was at fault, so I removed it and replaced with a new one. Upon removal, I noticed corrosion or pitting on the area that connects to the power source in the panel. However I installed the new breaker, and the light still flickers. I also plugged in my shop vac to an outlet in that room and it runs, then drops in speed, then goes up to normal, then a few minutes later will drop again. The ceiling light dims at the same time the shop vac drops in performance. I am at a loss as to what to do to correct this. This is the only circuit in the house that exhibits this behaviour. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage fluctuation [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use a handheld volt/ohm meter to test the current in a ceiling fixture? I have a kitchen light that burns the bulb out way too frequently.

Fluctuation in voltage and frequency of gasgenerator [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 gas gensets which has a problem of fluctuation in both voltage for about 6 to 8 voltage and fluctuation in frequency for about 3 to 4 Hz please advise for this genset and if this problem is related to AVR only or may it related to the governor also as this genset has an electronic...

Fading fluctuation voltage generator solution [ 0 Answers ]

Here in our city we have a supplier company of elect. Power supplies for about 12 hour and the remaining 12 hour are supplied from individual generators . But the voltage of generators is fluctuating causes fading in lights and other devices can not work. This is maybe due to common neutral(the...

Track lights: low voltage vs line voltage.comsume the same electricity in the end? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! I just installed a section of track light in my living room just to see what it would look like and so far I'm not convinced... you see, I had a regular celing lamp with a 75w incandescent bulb and the room was very well lit... now with the track light I find that I need 3 fixtures with halogen...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.