Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2021, 04:10 PM
    Australia continues to trample on civil rights
    This according to Conor Friedersdorf at 'Atlantic Magazine '

Intrastate travel within Australia is also severely restricted . And the government of South Australia, one of the country’s six states, developed and is now testing an app as Orwellian as any in the free world to enforce its quarantine rules. Returning travelers quarantining at home will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,”Premier Steven Marshall explained “I think every South Australian should feel pretty proud that we are the national pilot for the home-based quarantine app.”

Is Pandemic Australia Still a Liberal Democracy? - The Atlantic
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2021, 08:18 AM
    Good grief. That is just beyond imagining. I wonder why the Aussies put up with that?

I hope Clete responds to this. Kind of concerned about his sudden disappearance.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2021, 11:20 AM
    I sent him a message . No response

I have been in contact with Tal .He whips my butt in fantasy baseball and football. Not sure if he will be back.

I have also had contact with Excon. He is now a beach comber in Mexico and enjoying life .
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2021, 11:51 AM
    Never knew Excon. I know that Clete had, as I recall, some sort of heart surgery several months back, so that concerns me. Hope he's OK.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2021, 12:32 PM
    Excon was one of the toughest debaters on this board . Libertarian through and through but on the progressive side of the libertarian's argument . He is a worthy opponent in a civil debate .

WG and I had the privilege of his association since the inception of this latest version of Askme .

His life experience is one a book should be written about . The name came from the fact that he spent time in lock up in both US and Mexican jails . He is also a Vietnam vet . He lived in Seattle when he was a contributor running a business . I wish him all the happiness in the world . He has been a long time virtual friend,

Tal may have just moved on from this forum
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2021, 05:54 AM
    It's a shame about Tal. I always enjoyed our discussions until he, for whatever reason, became so vulgar that I just blocked him. Rather strangely, I always felt I had more in common with him than anyone else here.

It's a strange thing with liberal dems. They don't seem to like having their beliefs questioned. When you get into specifics, it seems to irritate them. If, for instance, they insist that the rich need to "pay their fair share" on income taxes, and it is pointed out that they already pay nearly all of income taxes, then you get accused of just "throwing around statistics". It's akin to saying, "Don't confuse me with the truth."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2021, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Excon was one of the toughest debaters on this board . Libertarian through and through but on the progressive side of the libertarian's argument . He is a worthy opponent in a civil debate .

WG and I had the privilege of his association since the inception of this latest version of Askme .

His life experience is one a book should be written about .
    And I have in a Word file a brief biography of excon as an adult. Plus a copy of his short story, The Carcel. He's quite a writer! Hope he's still writing.

Oh, and don't forget IQGuru! And Chou.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2021, 02:56 AM
    yes and NeedKarma and J 9 and speechlesstx
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 03:53 AM
    So what happened to all of those people?

I first joined this site for the plumbing and water well section. Back then, there would be several new questions every week. Now, there have been two questions TOTAL for the whole year. Weird.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2021, 05:06 AM
    The only other one I know is speechlesstx . He passed away . You would've liked him .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So what happened to all of those people?
    IQGuru and Chou are now posting on the Paradise version of AMHD.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 09:46 AM
    Sometimes I feel like we're the last survivors living in a ghost town remnant of a once prosperous city. Not many left, but we doggedly hold on!

Paradise version of AMHD
    Never heard of it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 10:00 AM
    Paradise version of AMHD

Never heard of it.
    Read Christina Rasmussen's book, Where Did You Go: A Life-Changing Journey to Connect with Those We've Lost.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 10:11 AM
    Read Christina Rasmussen's book, Where Did You Go: A Life-Changing Journey to Connect with Those We've Lost.
    Sounds a little too weird for my tastes. Sorry.

I'm now assuming the two you mentioned earlier are deceased?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 10:14 AM
    Sounds a little too weird for my tastes. Sorry.
    Weird? It's amazing! I got to chapter 3 and was inspired! Now Jeremy and I connect frequently, even this morning. Maybe I'll start a new thread.
    I'm now assuming the two you mentioned earlier are deceased?
    You didn't understand the Paradise reference? This site might be more your speed:
    https://www.1517.org/articles/i-cant...-out-of-heaven
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 10:18 AM
    What happens when believers in Christ die? They go to a place called Paradise (Luke 23:43). They are with Christ (Phil. 1:23). Or, if you prefer, they go to heaven.
    Can I assume, based on his reference to the Luke 23 passage, that he also believes that unbelievers go to hell?

Believe it or not, I actually agree with this quote below, though the only real Biblical evidence for it rests in the book of Revelation which also, again, has frequent mentions of hell. Still, the point is not where we'll be, or what people will be there, but rather that we will be in the presence of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, and that will be the most amazing of all experiences.

"Where does our Father want us to be? He wants us on earth, specifically, the renewed earth (Isaiah 65:17; Rev. 21:1), which is also called “the holy city, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from God” (21:2). The Creator did not make earth as our terrestrial hotel room, where we stay until we go live in a palace in the clouds. The exact opposite!"
    You didn't understand the Paradise reference? This site might be more your speed:
    And all this time I thought you opposed the use of mean, condescending statements. Oh well. Go figure!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 10:29 AM
    Revelation should never have made the cut into the canon. It was written at a specific time and to a specific audience who lived during Nero's reign. OR, maybe the anti-vaxxers are right in their belief that a covid vaccination will inject tiny microchips into a person's body and oh my!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 10:42 AM
    Can I assume, based on his reference to the Luke 23 passage, that he also believes that unbelievers go to hell?
    https://www.1517.org/articles/the-su...g-away-of-hell
    And all this time I thought you opposed the use of mean, condescending statements. Oh well. Go figure!
    I wasn't mean or condescending. I was desperately trying to find a way to encourage you to read and even accept.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 11:24 AM
    Revelation should never have made the cut into the canon. It was written at a specific time and to a specific audience who lived during Nero's reign. OR, maybe the anti-vaxxers are right in their belief that a covid vaccination will inject tiny microchips into a person's body and oh my!
    Nothing more than a personal opinion. Still, if you really believe that's true, then why did you point me to an article which was dependent on a passage from a book which you claim should not be in the Bible? Did you even read the article???

No, I will not go to another pointless article. If you have a point to make, then make it yourself.

I was desperately trying to find a way to encourage you to read and even accept.
    So after denying you were being condescending, you become condescending yet again.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 11:35 AM
    Your comment about Revelation being written during the reign of Nero is simply not true. Nero died in 68 A.D. Revelation was written towards the end of the first century.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil rights [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was charged with attempted rape in Washington when he was 14 years old. He took a plea that he did one week in juvinile dettention center and had to register for 5 years as a sex offender. He is now 35 and in jail for failure to register. He has nothing on his adult record other than...

Civil rights my rights was not read the put me in lock up and then booked me. [ 10 Answers ]

I was arested for domestic and dui did'nt case's but on both I was not told my rights about being slient. I even asked for a lawyer but I was told I was'nt under arrest so I did not need one then they laughed. I blew once but the cop instised on taking me to police station to blow again I...

Civil rights [ 1 Answers ]

If someone attends an arraignment, does not go before the judge, is not read charges, does not get to enter a plea and is just labeled as guilty, is it a violation of rights?

Civil rights? [ 4 Answers ]

Barack Obama administration seeks to change police questioning law The Obama administration is urging the US Supreme Court to overturn a landmark decision that stops police from questioning suspects unless they have a lawyer present. Wow, if Bush had done this it would have been the lead...

View more questions Search