Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Nothing more than a personal opinion. Still, if you really believe that's true, then why did you point me to an article which was dependent on a passage from a book which you claim should not be in the Bible? Did you even read the article???
    I've read it very carefully at least three times. Why are you being condescending?
    No, I will not go to another pointless article. If you have a point to make, then make it yourself.
    Heaven is only a stop on the way to Paradise, or, as Chad wrote, "Heaven is a very nice spot to 'spend the night,' but it’s anything but our new home."
    So after denying you were being condescending, you become condescending yet again.
    What's your definition of condescending?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 11:39 AM
    Fair enough, but then why did you direct me to an article based upon a passage in Revelation when you don't even think Revelation should be in the NT? Your own theory just completely blows up the article.

Definition of condescending? This is a good one. "having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority."

Your comment about Revelation being written during the reign of Nero is simply not true. Nero died in 68 A.D. Revelation was written towards the end of the first century, nearly thirty years later.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 11:48 AM
    Fair enough, but then why did you direct me to an article based upon a passage in Revelation when you don't even think Revelation should be in the NT? Your own theory just completely blows up the article.
    You believe in a physical, fiery hell. The article explains exactly what hell is.
    Definition of condescending? This is a good one. "having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority."
    If you stop, I'll stop.
    Your comment about Revelation being written during the reign of Nero is simply not true. Nero died in 68 A.D. Revelation was written towards the end of the first century, nearly thirty years later.
    Please research this.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 12:14 PM
    You believe in a physical, fiery hell. The article explains exactly what hell is.
    It's not what I believe. It's what Jesus declared.

Please research this.
    Too late. I already have. Your statement is just flat wrong. It is widely believed that Revelation was the last of the NT books written and was produced in the final decade of the first century.

If you stop, I'll stop.
    Deal. At least you are now admitting that you were, indeed, condescending.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 12:29 PM
    It's not what I believe. It's what Jesus declared.
    Please read that blog post for a better understanding of what hell is.
    Too late. I already have. Your statement is just flat wrong. It is widely believed that Revelation was the last of the NT books written and was produced in the final decade of the first century.
    Please research this.
    Deal. At least you are now admitting that you were, indeed, condescending.
    Nope, am just trying to placate you. :-)
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 01:40 PM
    Nope, am just trying to placate you. :-)
    So you are going to stop that which you were not doing? Sorry, but as we say down here, "That dog just won't hunt."

Please research this.
    Take your own advice. I've been doing that for the past twenty years. You're just wrong and you don't want to admit it.

Please read that blog post for a better understanding of what hell is.
    Pretty sure they don't have a better explanation than Jesus did. I read one article. If that one's a loser like your first one was since, according to you, it was based on a book that's not supposed to be in the Bible, then I'm done.

In John 3:16 it says that whoever believes in Jesus, "would not perish". What do you think "perish" means in that passage? Honest question.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 01:46 PM
    What do you say we move this discussion over to the "God of Love" thread and let Tom have his topic back. Deal?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 02:11 PM
    What do you say we move this discussion over to the "God of Love" thread and let Tom have his topic back. Deal?
    Tom and you both started the break, so sure. But isn't that the wonder and beauty and excitement of this site? -- seeing what detours a thread takes???
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2021, 03:36 AM
    whatever . Australia is doing Orwellian responses to "crisis" . We did the same thing 20 years ago . We now have a surveillance deep state that has the capacity of taking down a President they don't like and monitors us extensively also . Iphones already have facial recognition technology they use for ID "protection" to unlock the phone . The government can already tap into your iPhone camera and microphone at will, with software that makes doing so as easy as a Google search. They allegedly need a court order to do so, Well the Russia hoax demonstrated how easy that is to obtain. All it takes is the weakest pretext of probable cause .

As for the difference between paradise and heaven ? I don't dwell on it . My works is my passport . After that God's will be done .
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2021, 05:20 AM
    Big government is still a huge problem. Your post illustrates why. Many people have a desire to impose their will on others, and using the power of government to do so just comes naturally to them. Freedom is never the natural outworking of man. It is unnatural and so must be treasured and defended, much like a garden.

My works is my passport . After that God's will be done .
    Might want to read Romans on that one.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2021, 05:30 AM
    yeah ,yeah I simplified it . I don't do complex religion . Faith is a key part .A scumbag was forgiven by Jesus on the cross .
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2021, 05:36 AM
    We are all scumbags relative to God.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2021, 07:20 AM
    NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian says when the state opens up, only the vaccinated will be allowed to interact with each other.
    WATCH LIVE: Gladys Berejiklian announces latest COVID-19 cases in New South Wales | Sky News Australia
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2021, 08:01 AM
    It's really sad to see what is happening to Australia. When the state becomes king, then freedoms are casually cast aside.
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2021, 06:19 AM
    There are anti-lockdown riots all over Europe . The Dutch Police fired on rioters in Rotterdam .There were also violent protests in Brussels . In Austria they are locking down anyone who is not vaxed .
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2021, 06:57 PM
    meanwhile in Australia ;The army is now transferring positive Covid cases and contacts in the Northern Territories to ‘Quarantine Camps’ by army truck.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2021, 12:12 PM
    The whole deal in Aussie land is somewhat shocking to me. I thought they had a higher regard for liberty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil rights [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was charged with attempted rape in Washington when he was 14 years old. He took a plea that he did one week in juvinile dettention center and had to register for 5 years as a sex offender. He is now 35 and in jail for failure to register. He has nothing on his adult record other than...

Civil rights my rights was not read the put me in lock up and then booked me. [ 10 Answers ]

I was arested for domestic and dui did'nt case's but on both I was not told my rights about being slient. I even asked for a lawyer but I was told I was'nt under arrest so I did not need one then they laughed. I blew once but the cop instised on taking me to police station to blow again I...

Civil rights [ 1 Answers ]

If someone attends an arraignment, does not go before the judge, is not read charges, does not get to enter a plea and is just labeled as guilty, is it a violation of rights?

Civil rights? [ 4 Answers ]

Barack Obama administration seeks to change police questioning law The Obama administration is urging the US Supreme Court to overturn a landmark decision that stops police from questioning suspects unless they have a lawyer present. Wow, if Bush had done this it would have been the lead...

View more questions Search