Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 07:23 PM
    Please read the Wikipedia article. I'd c/p, but it Labor Day and I'm resting.
    I wouldn't waste my time doing your bidding. If you have something, then post it. Otherwise, I'll figure you have nothing which is, of course, the truth.

The question remains. How could Daniel have been changed in the sixteenth century when the copy used for OT translation today dates tenth century? Now I know you would never contradict your idol Athos, but does that really make sense to you?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2021, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I wouldn't waste my time doing your bidding. If you have something, then post it. Otherwise, I'll figure you have nothing which is, of course, the truth.
    Wow, not very nice.

The question remains. How could Daniel have been changed in the sixteenth century when the copy used for OT translation today dates tenth century? Now I know you would never contradict your idol Athos, but does that really make sense to you?
    Another example of your discombobulation. (I like that word - thanks for helping me coin it).
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 07:30 PM

Another example of your discombobulation. (I like that word - thanks for helping me coin it).
    You are certainly good at nonsense words. Now as to serious answers, well, not so good as your fourth or fifth non-answer illustrates. But here's the question again if it helps any. "The question remains. How could Daniel have been changed in the sixteenth century when the copy used for OT translation today dates tenth century?"

Have you guys ever noticed how frequently you are reduced to the plea, "Google it yourself"? I have listened to many serious debates, but I've never heard anyone respond with that advice. Wonder why not?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 07:31 PM
    You are certainly good at nonsense words.
    Discombobulation (and its variations) is a word, has been in use since the early 19th century.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2021, 07:34 PM
    9. Priests/ministers/rabbis should be men because Jesus was a dude. No. I've never even heard that one before.

You've never heard that one before? Really? For someone who acts like an expert on all things Christianity, this is a pretty big admission on your part. Just about everybody knows that many denominations cite this very thing when denying ordination to women. It has been on the front burner for decades in the largest Christian denomination.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 07:37 PM
    Have you guys ever noticed how frequently you are reduced to the plea, "Google it yourself"? I have listened to many serious debates, but I've never heard anyone respond with that advice. Wonder why not?
    Because when we quote a source, you spit on us and say it's worthless. If you research it HONESTLY yourself....
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    You've never heard that one before? Really? For someone who acts like an expert on all things Christianity, this is a pretty big admission on your part. Just about everybody knows that many denominations cite this very thing when denying ordination to women. It has been on the front burner for decades in the largest Christian denomination.
    The Lutherans even split in two during the '60s and '70s because of this very thing. Now there's ELCA (women as pastors) and LCMS (only men can be pastors).
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 07:45 PM
    Never heard of it being related to Jesus being a man. But I'm not Catholic for a variety of reasons. The only claim I make is that I am able to support my claims without resorting to, "You need to Google it."

Because when we quote a source, you spit on us and say it's worthless.
    You posted one source earlier, and then YOU spit on it. Be honest. So like I said after that, if you want me to read your links, then don't post losers.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 07:50 PM
    If you have something, then post it. Otherwise, I'll figure you have nothing which is, of course, the truth.
    Not very nice? It's my constant retort to you two. Has nothing to do with being nice. It has to do with treating topics seriously and wanting everyone who reads these posts to know that you two cannot support your grandiose, bold claims.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 07:57 PM
    Not very nice? It's my constant retort to you two. Has nothing to do with being nice. It has to do with treating topics seriously and wanting everyone who reads these posts to know that you two cannot support your grandiose, bold claims.
    We do but you refuse to even consider them. Like you refused to read that terrific blog on what is hell.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 08:02 PM
    It came on the heels of the link that you blew up yourself. If you want someone to take time to read your articles, then provide good ones. EVEN BETTER, just provide the answers yourself. Ever notice how infrequently I suggest you go to this or that article? Why not copy and paste the pertinent sections? Do the work yourself instead of asking someone else to do it. And no, that is not meant to be mean.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2021, 08:03 PM
    10. America was founded as a Christian nation. No. To say we were founded on Biblical principles would be closer to the truth.
    Here's another one: Jl says, This nation is founded on Biblical principles. Let's take a look at that one.

For example, the great laws handed down to Moses - The Ten Commandments.

1. I am the Lord thy God. No, not that one. The nation purposely left that one out - in fact denied it was a founding principle in the First Amendment.
    2. No carved images. Nope. We have lots of carved images.
    3. Take God's name in vain. Nah. It's not nice but not a founding principle.
    4. Keep holy the sabbath, Nope.
    5. Honor Mom and Dad. Good idea, but not a founding principle.
    6. Do not murder. Yup. There's one - definitely a founding principle, even a law.
    7. Adultery. Never even mentioned as founding principle.
    8. Do not steal. Yes, again.
    9. Do not lie. Well, maybe - especially in a court of law. Partial credit
    10. The coveting business. Actually, the nation's economy is built on coveting. Definitely NOT a founding principle.

There you have it. Two out of ten - a .200 batting average. Pretty weak.

The USA is more founded on the principles of the Enlightenment, the era that prospered after the Church lost influence. Those principles were rooted in thousands of years of human civilization including much trial and error.

Religions certainly helped when they promoted unity and good behavior from the earliest Sumerians to the present day. But they were never the prime mover.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 08:05 PM
    It came on the heels of the link that you blew up yourself. If you want someone to take time to read your articles, then provide good ones. EVEN BETTER, just provide the answers yourself. Ever notice how infrequently I suggest you go to this or that article? Why not copy and paste the pertinent sections? Do the work yourself instead of asking someone else to do it. And no, that is not meant to be mean.
    I've tried the c/p thing and got shot down. It's never good enough for you, no matter what I do. Only if I post something you agree with is it good enough.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 08:10 PM
    " And if you claim not to believe what He said here because you can't find "a recording somewhere", then how do you believe anything He or anyone else in the Bible said?"
    WG, I'd love to see you answer this one.

Here's another one: Jl says, This nation is founded on Biblical principles. Let's take a look at that one.

For example, the great laws handed down to Moses - The Ten Commandments.
    You brought up the Ten Commandments, not me. I didn't say we were founded on the Ten Commandments, but on Biblical principles. But bear in mind that just because something is not in law does not mean it is not honored. There was a day when adultery, lying, and dishonoring parents were frowned upon.

I'm going to start a list of questions you guys are unable or unwilling to answer. I'll work on that tomorrow. There have been several just tonight.

I've tried the c/p thing and got shot down.

When?

It's never good enough for you, no matter what I do. Only if I post something you agree with is it good enough.
    I ask questions and you evade them. You provide links that even you don't agree with. What am I to do with that?
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2021, 08:11 PM
    I didn't say we were founded on the Ten Commandments, but on Biblical principles.
    Please list the Biblical principles this nation is founded on. Be specific.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 08:17 PM
    A few just off the top of my head. I would tell you to just google it, but that's your deal and not mine.

A respect for human life.
    Recognition of property rights
    Right to self defense
    The sanctity of marriage
    The importance of family
    The need for church to be free from govt. interference
    Freedom of religion
    The importance of a fair and efficient system of justice
    The rule of law

That's a good start.

Some more material of interest. "The body of the Constitution makes no reference to God. The Constitution honors the Christian Sabbath. The President was given 10 days to sign a bill into law. The counting of the 10 days does not include the Sabbath. This is found in Article 1, Section 7, and Clause 2 which in part follows:“If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law,”

When the Constitution was completed on September 17, 1787, it was signed by the delegates then to be ratified by the states. The delegates signed the Constitution in the “Year of our Lord.” This is a direct reference to Christianity. This is found in Article 7 which in part follows:"

http://www.internationalcopsforchris...istian-nation/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 08:21 PM
    A few just off the top of my head. I would tell you to just google it, but that's your deal and not mine.

A respect for human life.
    Recognition of property rights
    Right to self defense
    The sanctity of marriage
    The importance of family
    The need for church to be free from govt. interference
    Freedom of religion
    The importance of a fair and efficient system of justice
    The rule of law

That's a good start.
    Why don't the citizens respect those principles?
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 08:24 PM
    Because we are no longer a nation with respect for the Bible. Frankly, we have become like you. We like the parts that agree with us. And again, not mean, but truthful.

This question so illustrates that. " And if you claim not to believe what He said here because you can't find "a recording somewhere", then how do you believe anything He or anyone else in the Bible said?" You are excited about "unconditional love" which is mentioned nowhere in the Bible, and yet refuse to accept hell which is mentioned throughout the NT. See what I mean? That's not mean or condescending. It's simply a statement you can respond to.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 08:32 PM
    Because we are no longer a nation with respect for the Bible. Frankly, we have become like you. We like the parts that agree with us. And again, not mean, but truthful.
    The parts that I like and agree with? So, if I don't believe all of it literally, every word is true, I don't respect the Bible?
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2021, 08:33 PM
    " And if you claim not to believe what He said here because you can't find "a recording somewhere", then how do you believe anything He or anyone else in the Bible said?" You are excited about "unconditional love" which is mentioned nowhere in the Bible, and yet refuse to accept hell which is mentioned throughout the NT. See what I mean? That's not mean or condescending. It's simply a statement you can respond to.
    Worth repeating.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2021, 08:39 PM
    Worth repeating.
    Agape, God's love, unconditional. Even our Greek scholar who has been fascinated by that language since he was a kid and learned it and Hebrew in college, agreed with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christian beliefs [ 15 Answers ]

What are the main denominations or churches in the world ? What's the basic difference in beliefs? Which is the oldest church or first church in the world? Is their belief also wrong?

Almost the same beliefs [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been reading the conversation Orange was having (sorry,Iforgot with who) I'm really enlightened to find out that Jews believe in an afterlife; this shaol u speak of where they wait for a messiah when they die. The Jews I've known pretty closely always gave the impression that they were "really"...

View more questions Search