Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2021, 04:01 AM
    Don't go the California
    Quid brags about the number of people evacuated out of Kabul ......122,000 people . There were even some Americans and Afghans who worked as interpreters . But most of them are 'ghosts' with no official identification .

There are more to come as Quid plans to accept refugees through embassies in neighboring countries like Pakistan .

So where do you think he wants them resettled ? Not in Martha's Vineyard that is a given . He wants them in red states he thinks can turn blue when these refugees are "eligible" to vote (ie when they get their mail in ballots delivered ) .

Interesting to note that the State Dept advisory to refugees advises them to NOT go to California . Even the Dems know how f-ed up the state is .

Please be aware that the cost of living and the availability of housing can vary significantly in different locations across the United States. The Washington, DC metro area including northern Virginia and some cities in California are very expensive places to live, and it can be difficult to find reasonable housing and employment. Any resettlement benefits you receive may not comfortably cover the cost of living in these area
    Special Immigrant Visas for Afghans and Iraqis - Resettlement Options (state.gov)

NYC is also not on the list of recommended destinations . But swing districts in NJ and Texas cities are .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2021, 04:56 AM
    when these refugees are "eligible" to vote (ie when they get their mail in ballots delivered ) .
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry at that one. You expressed it very humorously, and yet it's likely to end up being true.

Any resettlement benefits you receive
    At one time we could comment on how generous liberal dems could be with other people's money. Now we can only speak of how generous they are with make-believe money. There was a time when immigrants came with few assets, entered legally, and immediately got to work to support themselves. Now these immigrants receive "benefits".
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2021, 05:23 AM
    Entering Ellis Island a migrant needed at least $30 (about $700 in today's money) for admission. They also were medically screened before admission. Benefits ? If they wanted to eat while on Ellis Island there was a fee. The benefit was admission to the US .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2021, 05:30 AM
    They came ready to work and work hard. The same seems to be true of the immigrants coming in from the south. I'm all for them as long as they are legal and not looking for "benefits" other than, as you said, the benefit of living in the land of opportunity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California use tax [ 5 Answers ]

California Use Tax (for non-business need) - Do I need to use the lookup table https://www.boe.ca.gov/info/use_tax_table.html for each purchase less than 1000$ and then add up?Example: If five purchases of 700$ and say AGI is 75000$ then, should I just pay $29 as per lookup table or should I pay 5...

California 3&60 [ 1 Answers ]

My question pertains to a resident living in a mobile home park in California (own the home, rent the space) that receives a 'Combined 3-Day Notice To Pay Rent or Quit, 3-Day Notice To Perform Covenants or Quit and 60-Day Notice to Terminate Possession' for non payment of space rent. Is there a...

View more questions Search