Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2021, 04:51 AM
    One of the ones left behind
    2008 ....3 Senators ;Chuck Hagel, Quid Pro Joe and JKerry decided to take a junket to Afghanistan. Their helicopter was forced to land in a remote valley during a snow storm . A convoy with soldiers from a Arizona National Guard Quick Reaction force ,working with the 82nd Airborne ,was sent out of Bagram to rescue them . Also accompanying the troops was an Afghan interpreter .....for the purpose of this story he is Mohammed . They drove hours in severe weather to do the rescue .

Quid used the incident in the campaign to tout his foreign policy experience . “If you want to know where al Qaeda lives, you want to know where [Osama] bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me,” “Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down…in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are.” Forced down ? He made it sound like his helicopter was taking fire instead of inclement weather . JFKerry yucked it up saying that they were going to have Quid fight off the Taliban with snowballs . In truth it was a brave heroic effort to rescue these Senators ;who's judgement about taking the trip has to be questioned .
    Mohammed stood guard with Afghan soldiers on one side of the helicopters while members of the 82nd Airborne protected the other side.

Mohammed is a valued interpreter . He spent time with US forces in the toughest encounters in the war. He was involved in over 100 fire fights .Often he was issued arms to defend himself. Such was the trust the US forces have in him

He had a visa application . But the defense contractor he works for lost his records . He attempted unsuccessfully to make it to the Kabul airport . He was given a 'Sophie's Choice ' by US troops . He could go ;but he would have to leave his wife and 4 children behind .So he stayed behind He is one of the people Quid and company say "chose to stay behind " .Some US leaders have said "they were given months to leave .Such is the flippant disregard for their fate as Quid rushed to leave by 9-11.

Army Vets have taken up Mohammad's cause making appeals directly to Quid .“If you can only help one Afghan, choose Mohammed,” wrote Shawn O’Brien, an Army combat veteran who worked with him in Afghanistan in 2008. “He earned it.”
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2021, 05:50 AM
    Just think how bad it would have been if not for the fact that the withdrawal was an "extraordinary success". At least that's how Biden referred to it. People have, and will continue to, die needlessly because of the incredibly inept manner in which this was carried out. But it's what we get when we elect a guy who would be past his prime except that he never had a prime.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2021, 05:57 AM
    Yeah I heard Sam Donaldson grade Quid's performance as A+ . delusional !
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2021, 07:19 AM
    I'm still waiting for my dear friend's stepson, Mark Frerichs, to be free and back in the U.S.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2021, 08:04 AM
    I pray for him . His is a more complex case because he was taken by the
    Haqqani Taliban (which in reality is one in the same with the Afgan Taliban).We claim to leave no one behind .In reality that is not true . We left POWs behind in Vietnam . Mark Frerichs is a contractor so technically not a POW .

The Taliban want a drug kingpin ,Bashir Noorzai, in exchange. .He was nabbed for selling $50 million in heroin and is serving a life sentence .

The US should make the deal . it can't be worse than the emperor exchanging 5 of the Taliban leaders for traitor Bowe Berghdal .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2021, 02:34 PM
    “No country has achieved something like this in all of history”, said the president of the United States.
    I will grant that it's been a long time since a disaster of this kind has been seen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain starting in lower left back, left ovary,groin an leg area [ 2 Answers ]

I have been experiencing pain in my lower back on the left side with a burning sensation in my left ovary, groin area and left thigh. Added to these symptoms I have also been having a fever. I did an ultrasound of the groin and pelvic which revealed swollen lymph nodes. Cause I was also having a...

Left side of nose runny or stuffy, now Left inner ear and throat is itchy? Help [ 4 Answers ]

I went out snowmobiling for the first time this year on 12-24-12. Later on that night when I went to bed my nose was a little stuffy when I went to lay down. I woke up the next morning and the left side of my airway felt like it was super dry and it hurt to breath through my nose. Tuesday night was...

Constant Left leg pain - starting at the middle of the left buttock & goes down leg [ 6 Answers ]

Any ideas what would cause this condition on a grown man? Constant Left leg pain - starting at the middle of the left buttock & goes down leg. Thanks for helping

I pulled my left si joint out and now the left side of my neck hurts [ 2 Answers ]

I hurt my back at work 5 months ago and they say that it is my si joint but I have been having a lot of problems with my left side of my neck has been really sore causing burning stabbing pain along with a very bad headache can you please help me. I have gone through pt and that seems to making it...

Left groin & down the left leg pain, Hysterectomy didn't work [ 6 Answers ]

I had fibroids and cysts in my left ovaries. Since I had severe pain in the lower left stomach, groin and all the way down on my left leg. The pain is only prominent when I lie down. I am fine during the day, but when I lie down the pain is intense. It looks like one nerve or something. The Doctor...

View more questions Search