Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2021, 08:45 AM
    Hard to have a good debate in an echo chamber
    There are a number of online sites I could go to if all I wanted was someone to agree with me . This site has always had vibrant discussions on the issues.

If that has changed then I will have a hard time justifying my time here .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2021, 08:56 AM
    Is it changing? Has it changed? Several members are not as active as they used to be.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2021, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    There are a number of online sites I could go to if all I wanted was someone to agree with me . This site has always had vibrant discussions on the issues.

If that has changed then I will have a hard time justifying my time here .
    I've enjoyed discussing the issues with you, tomder, but for two reasons I'm less active on this page.

One, and by far the most inportant, is the defeat of Trump, my main reason for engaging here.

Second is your echo who has become a toxic troll and not fit to carry on an intelligent conversation with.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2021, 10:55 AM
    I count 3 active members currently . I'm thankful that you find the time ,with what you are dealing with to participate and especially that you bring a different perspective to the discussion than I do. . 3 other 'regulars ' disappeared and it is rare to have newbies participate for any length of time .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2021, 11:27 AM
    I hope Clete is OK. Seems like he had some heart issues a few months back. Might be back in the hospital. Walter is kind of in and out and InfoJunkie seems to have dropped out along with Tal. Unfortunate.

I must say that we talk and talk, and yet no one's mind seems to ever get changed on the least detail. I sometimes wonder what the point is. I like the back and forth, and it does keep me digging for support, but it doesn't seem to be productive.

Second is your echo who has become a toxic troll and not fit to carry on an intelligent conversation with.
    I.e., I pose questions he cannot answer.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Aug 31, 2021, 05:29 PM
    I don't know if this site does me more harm than good?
    My work takes me off-grid. Plus I am stuck doing much research before I respond. You guys are too smart for me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2021, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    I don't know if this site does me more harm than good?
    I am always glad to see you. I don't always agree with you, but that adds excitement to my boring life!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2021, 08:05 PM
    It is unfortunate your life is boring. Hope things pick up soon.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2021, 08:18 PM
    Originally Posted by waltero I don't know if this site does me more harm than good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I am always glad to see you. I don't always agree with you, but that adds excitement to my boring life!
    I, too, welcome you back, Waltero. Let bygones be bygones and I expect a fruitful discussion can ensue. You have a unique approach that can be rewarding. I hope that the past incivility between us can be avoided in the future.

As you may have seen, the nastiness has not altogether disappeared, but I trust we will not be a part of it going forward. As for me, a mutual respect is the goal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depth of Chamber [ 0 Answers ]

Right now I am working for Re measured infrastructure project. In this we have some different type of utilities like storm water, potable water etc . The measurement is based on CESMM3 and FIDIC. My question is while taking Chamber depth what is depth criteria. I mean CESMM-3 clearly specifying...

Radius of chamber [ 1 Answers ]

At an amusement park there is a ride in which cylindrically shaped chambers spin around a central axis. People sit in seats facing the axis, their backs against the outer wall. At one instant the outer wall moves at a speed of 3.30 m/s, and an 80.3-kg person feels a 517-N force pressing against his...

Debate: Good and Evil [ 10 Answers ]

This continues the "Debates galore" thread. Question: "What determines what is good and evil?"

93 civic low fuel pressure. Hard accel is no good [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I drive a 5speed 93 honda civic 1.5vtech.. theres probably more then one problem :eek: K first off my car starts kind of good when I start it off in the morning and also when I start it, at idle it shows that its at around 1500 rpm , then after I drive it a few min.. a few stop lights later...

View more questions Search