Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2021, 02:44 AM
    total disaster !
    But it also contains details on the individuals’ military specialty and career trajectory, as well as sensitive relational data such as the names of their father, uncles, and grandfathers, as well as the names of the two tribal elders per recruit who served as guarantors for their enlistment. This turns what was a simple digital catalogue into something far more dangerous, according to Ranjit Singh, a postdoctoral scholar at the nonprofit research group Data & Society who studies data infrastructures and public policy. He calls it a sort of “genealogy” of “community connections” that is “putting all of these people at risk.”
    This is the real story of the Afghan biometric databases abandoned to the Taliban | MIT Technology Review
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2021, 05:33 AM
    The next event will likely be the Taliban gathering the remaining Americans and Afghan allies of ours to use them as pawns in the game of manipulating Biden.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2021, 10:58 AM
    Look at this lovely little bit of info I found today .

"But it also contains details on the individuals’ military specialty and career trajectory, as well as sensitive relational data such as the names of their father, uncles, and grandfathers, as well as the names of the two tribal elders per recruit who served as guarantors for their enlistment. This turns what was a simple digital catalogue into something far more dangerous, according to Ranjit Singh, a postdoctoral scholar at the nonprofit research group Data & Society who studies data infrastructures and public policy. He calls it a sort of “genealogy” of “community connections” that is “putting all of these people at risk.”

This is the real story of the Afghan biometric databases abandoned to the Taliban | MIT Technology Review
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2021, 11:25 AM
    Isn't that what you posted to begin with?
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2021, 01:06 PM
    yup ......
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2021, 05:15 AM
    You will be relieved to find out that our Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin, yesterday referred to the American withdrawal (otherwise known as a chaotic, undisciplined rout) as a "resounding success". So to qualify as a "resounding success", I suppose a withdrawal must be characterized by people falling off of airplanes, 13 dead military personnel, friendly Afghans left behind to face certain death, and tens of billions of dollars in military equipment left behind for the Taliban to use. I wonder what have needed to happen for Mr. Austin to describe the withdrawal as a "sad disaster"?
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2021, 05:32 AM
    I have no doubt that we will live to regret this. Then the headline will read, "XXX Americans killed as 'Resounding Success' continues."
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2021, 05:35 AM
    and now we are going to build border protection ..... for Tajikistan

U.S. to help build border facilities on Tajik-Afghan border - embassy | Reuters
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2021, 06:01 AM
    It's amazing what can be accomplished when printing money becomes no problem.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2021, 05:24 AM
    Deleted Post

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The total assets and total liabilities of Pauls Pools, a proprietorship, at the begin [ 1 Answers ]

The total assets and total liabilities of Pauls Pools, a proprietorship, at the beginning and at the end of the current fiscal year are as follows: Jan. 1 Dec. 31 Total assets $280,000 $475,000 Total liabilities 205,000 ...

Bob Auto Repairs, Inc. started 2012 with total assets of $19,000 and total liabiliti [ 1 Answers ]

Bob Auto Repairs, Inc. started 2012 with total assets of $19,000 and total liabilities Of $9,000. At the end of 2012, Bob's total assets stood at $27,000, and total liabilities Were $13,000.

I am a total disaster, it is a marriage issue, just with a lot of back history [ 5 Answers ]

This is going to be long and painful, sorry... I was married to a man who cheated on me when I was 22. We were divorced and I started renting a room from a family so I could work my way through college. That family had a son who had just returned from 8 years in the Marines and he and I hit it...

Toilet overfills+ tub fills with water= total disaster [ 7 Answers ]

:( :( :( My bathroom is a mess! For the past month our toilet has been making gargling sounds and lots of bubbles. We paid no attention to it, so now it overfilled. We also noticed that when we wash at home, all the dirty water fills our bath tub and our toilet simultaneously makes these...

View more questions Search