Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2021, 03:51 PM
    Time for Kam the cackler to assume the Presidency
    I don' t say that lightly or with pleasure .

But Quid has been a disaster and I don't believe we can stand more of this ..

Joe Biden appears to doze off in the middle of a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett - YouTube
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2021, 05:05 PM
    Nope. Watch the entire meeting. He was concentrating and listening carefully to what the Prime Minister was saying.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2021, 06:08 PM
    He "concentrates " often at meetings .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2021, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He "concentrates " often at meetings .
    As do I, with head down so I'm not distracted. Your little peepers dart around, looking here and there, so the speaker doesn't have a clue if you're even listening? Plus, if someone messed with the video, they could have embellished when, at one point for several minutes, he had been looking down at and reading from his notes that were lying in his lap.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2021, 09:05 PM
    If he had started snoring, then he would really have been concentrating.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2021, 03:57 AM
    When I sat in meetings at work ;I looked in the eyes of the person speaking, or at least was writing or looking at notes .There was no way I would sit at a meeting head down with my eyes closed .

Bennett seeing Quid dose off did the polite thing . He kept on talking to not embarrass Quid.
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2021, 05:22 AM
    I can't say he was dozing, but during the entire thirty second clip, all he moved was a couple of fingers. One thing was for sure. His little peepers were certainly not darting around.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 29, 2021, 07:26 AM
    Biden has narrow eyes (thus Trump's nicknaming him "Sleepy Joe"), so when he looks down, his lashes cover his open but slitted eyes so they look closed. He wasn't asleep; he was listening thoughtfully. Watch the entire video and you will see how the two men were engaged and listening and responding to each other. And if you constantly stare at a speaker, tomder, that is scary! Watch the entire video, JL, especially for that tweaked section. Find it yet?
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2021, 09:52 AM
    I did not say stare . Whoever is speaking knows they have my attention . Quid looks like he wants to be anyplace else but in that room meeting with Bennett .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 29, 2021, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I did not say stare . Whoever is speaking knows they have my attention . Quid looks like he wants to be anyplace else but in that room meeting with Bennett .
    Have you watched the entire (quite short, yes, you have time for it) dialogue yet?

Oh, have you ever sat in church, listening to the pastor's sermon, tilted your head down and looked at your lap? Had the sermon lulled you to sleep -- or were you concentrating on/lost in thought at the message being preached?
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2021, 11:58 AM
    It's pretty bad when people feel they have to prove the President was really not asleep.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2021, 12:02 PM
    yeah I'm sure Bennett was captivating and mesmerizing .

Maybe the person who tells him which reporter to call on during a presser forgot to tell him nap time was over .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 29, 2021, 12:17 PM
    I just watched the COMPLETE video again. The part you're bashing comes at the end of their meeting. Wow! Biden is awash with gratitude at Bennett's kind words and feels likeminded.
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2021, 01:01 PM
    Yeah, Tom. He only slept for a minute or so.
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2021, 04:42 PM
    Off topic, I realize, but this has interested me. Is the number of views for this even remotely correct? 23,625?? That doesn't sound believable, does it?

Attachment 49340
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 29, 2021, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Off topic, I realize, but this has interested me. Is the number of views for this even remotely correct? 23,625?? That doesn't sound believable, does it?
    It's the total number of times anyone has gone onto that thread. You may have been on it 4,000 times so far as you bounce off and on, posting and editing and adding more and posting again and editing and deleting and tweaking. It was started on June 29 and has seen a lot of activity by the site regulars, plus, of course, others (who may or may not be members) peek in to see how the fist fight is going.
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2021, 05:38 PM
    You may have been on it 4,000 times so far as you bounce off and on,
    That would be about sixty times a day. Pretty sure that's not right. It just seems strange to me. It would be four hundred views a day...from who?
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2021, 03:52 AM
    Quid: I'm not supposed to take any questions, but go ahead.

QUESTION: Mr. President, on Afghanistan--

Quid : I’m not going to answer on Afghanistan now.

Who exactly are the people who keep telling Quid that he can't answer questions? Why do they tell him that? Why is he so deferential to them?
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2021, 04:23 AM
    His approval ratings are plummeting and understandably so. He plainly seems to be just a puppet. I wonder who is really in charge. Obama?
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2021, 04:56 AM
    Lessons for Quid .... the emperor tried to walk away from Iraq .Then ISIS formed and at their peak were able to carve out significant territory from Iraq and Syria. They were rolled back by the US air power supporting Kurd ground troops .

In Afghanistan there is still a pocket of resistance in Panjshir Valley .The Soviets could not take the valley and the Taliban never could when they ruled in the 1990s . When the Taliban was driven from power after 9-11 ,there was American Spec Ops ;sometimes riding horse and donkey ,directing US air power ;and the foot soldiers from the Northern Alliance (mostly from the Panjshir Valley . )

Taliban forces are converging on the Valley . They have offered a ruse for the Tajik of the valley to join the government . But the Tajik want an autonomous region . That is unacceptable to the Taliban.

The US should support the Tajik resistance . We should also retake Bagram as a permanent outpost until we are satisfied that all US citizens are repatriated ;and that the Taliban will not allow Afghanistan become a place where jihadists can attack America . Bagram is only 60 miles from Panjshir and is 40 miles from Kabul .It is perfectly located for the purpose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Qualifications for Presidency [ 2 Answers ]

Qualifications for Presidency An eighth grade teacher was leading a discussion on the qualifications for being president of the United States. After the teacher commented that a person must be a natural-born citizen, one of the students raised her hand: Does that mean that if you were born by...

The Imperial Presidency [ 13 Answers ]

Remember the time not so long ago when the Dems and the compliant media would complain about President Bush's use of signing statements ,executive orders and recess appointments ? Well that was then ;and since "Bush did it " (the new corollary to "it's Bush's fault) President Obama is planning...

Who is trying to buy the presidency? [ 11 Answers ]

The word is that Obama has spent $300,000,000.00 (before tha last infomercials). No one in their right mind believes this astronomical sum came from blue collar workers. So I would like to know just who has that kind of money and wants Obama in the White House. This whole thing stinks like a skunk...

Power of the Presidency [ 2 Answers ]

The Power of the Presidency has been cause for debate MAINLY because why? A) The presidency is the most powerful office in the world. B) The Constitution provided a loose definition of executive power. C) The presidency is an office that operates in full view of the public. D) Leaders wanted to...

The Imperial Presidency [ 20 Answers ]

Hello Rightys: It appears that George Bush has taken on some additional duties for himself(and I use the term loosely). You could argue that he hasn't, and you'd be wrong. However, my question isn't about him. Of course, if his expanded view of the presidency isn't curtailed, whoever...

View more questions Search