Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2021, 04:15 AM
    A win for the Rule of Law
    The United States Supreme Court has struck down President Biden’s eviction moratorium, ruling that it can only be extended via action from Congress.
    "If a federally imposed eviction moratorium is to continue," the ruling said about the moratorium Biden imposed as a means of protecting renters negatively affected by the coronavirus, "Congress must specifically authorize it."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ion-moratorium
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2021, 04:36 AM
    Good ...there was no reciprocal protection for landlords ,most of whom rely on the income from rents to live and to maintain the property they rent out .

I would go further and say Congress has no right to impose a moratorium ,that it goes well beyond the scope of Congresses enumerated powers and is not covered under it's "implied powers ".

It also violates the 10th amendment state sovereignty assumption. The legal process of eviction is a state court issue. A Federal moratorium is a usurpation of state power .

The moratorium is just another abusive example of over-reach by government whenever they can deem that there is a crisis .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What the difference between anti markovnikov rule and markovnikov rule [ 3 Answers ]

What the difference between anti markovnikov rule and markovnikov rule, and when the anti markovnikov happens. Is it only when , there is BH3,THF/H2O2, OH- ? I can understand if u explain it deeply, I'm studying organic chemistry course..

What rule? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Is there a rule to get a co-counsel dismissed from a case if he never gave the Defendant prior notice of intervention? I am in Florida. Thanks. Also, can I send a Motion to dismiss and request for Discovery at the same time? Thanks. I am defending a foreclosure in Florida.

72 hr Rule? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All; Newbie here, I need to know how long does an alleged creditor have (days,hours?) to answer a debt vaildation letter. And I have heard that we(comsumer) have only 72hrs + 3 days mailing to dispute said debt? Is there any thing to this? ...

View more questions Search