Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2021, 10:42 AM
    Time to move on to the next false narrative
    The FBI has been investigating the Jan 6 Capitol riot (not insurrection) . They have concluded that there was no central coordination or an organized plot to attack the Capitol to overturn the election results ...... and Trump was not involved .

There have been arrests of well over 500 alleged participants . But according to their findings "Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."
    FBI investigators did find that cells of protesters, including followers of the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups, had aimed to break into the Capitol. But they found no evidence that the groups had serious plans about what to do if they made it inside, the sources said.
    Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources | Reuters

TDK 1080p You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars - YouTube
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2021, 02:01 PM
    Very disappointing for the Trump haters.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2021, 02:07 PM
    Whew! It really WAS tourists just having fun breaking windows, peeing and pooping on walls and floors, theatening to kill elected officials!
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2021, 02:29 PM
    Like I said. Very disappointing for the Trump haters.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2021, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Like I said. Very disappointing for the Trump haters.
    The story hasn't ended yet.
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2021, 04:58 PM
    This is the same FBI that went on a 5 year coup attempt against Trump based on a fictional dossier created to divert attention from Evita's criminal behavior .

.Given this revelation I just have to wonder if Facebook will fact check and ban anyone spreading the falsehood that it was a Trump organized attempt to overturn the election, Won't hold my breath .
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2021, 06:23 PM
    I just have to wonder if Facebook will fact check and ban anyone spreading the falsehood that it was a Trump organized attempt to overturn the election, Won't hold my breath .
    Wise decision. FB is too busy pushing a political ideology to think about doing the right thing.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2021, 04:43 AM
    The story hasn't ended yet.
    Yes we need to hear more about some of those evil "insurrectionists" that the Quid Justice Dept is determined to throw the book at ......like Robert Reeder ;a regular desperado .

Reeder attended Trump's address ;then walked to the Capitol . He is a Democrat who agreed with some of Trump's policies .So on the spur of the moment ,he took the relatively short trip from Maryland to DC. While outside the Capitol he was pelted by police sting balls and was tear gassed. He made his way to the Capitol and was not opposed by the Capitol police as he entered the building to look for water to rinse his eyes.

.He took some selfies ...he recorded himself saying .... “I’m leaving now . . . I got tear gassed at least four times inside the Capitol . . . I saw the lady they say got shot, I walked right past her in a pool of blood,” “And it’s just . . . completely crazy in there.” Police were not allowing anyone to exit .

He was arrested in February and charged with 4 misdemeanor counts . Because of his arrest he lost his FedEX job and has not been able to get another job because of the pending charges. He pleaded guilty to one count of “parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol Building,

The Quid Justice Dept wants to stick it to him. “[I]t is important to convey to future rioters and would-be mob participants—especially those who intend to improperly influence the democratic process—that their actions will have consequences,” assistant U.S. attorney Joshua Rothstein wrote in the government’s sentencing memo. “Picketing, demonstrating, or parading at the Capitol as part of the riot on January 6 is not like picketing at the Capitol some other day, without other rioters present.”“[H]is very presence in the Capitol rotunda that day was a desecration of hallowed ground,” Rothstein wrote. The Feds want to jail him for 2 months,

Well right before sentencing a group called “Sedition Hunters” came up with video that they claim shows Reeder assaulting a cop. The video instead shows him being attacked. His sentencing was delayed until October to give the Justice Dept time to dissect the video and come up with additional charges (or if not allow the press plenty of time to brand him forever as a cop assaulter even if the charge is never filed .)Prosecutors immediately filed to increase his sentence to 6 months .
    His lawyer in a motion to the court said that Reeder’s life has been destroyed. “He has since suffered much as a result of his conduct on January 6th including the loss of his employment, as well as the loss of friends, neighbors, co-workers, and many acquaintances. He has been alienated by disappointed family members, including his son. He has endured irreputable damage to his reputation; all because of a spur of the moment decision and regrettable mistake to attend a Trump rally and follow what he thought was [a] peaceful group of individuals to the Capitol to make their political views known. He does not want to be remembered as or considered one of the unlawful or violent protesters that assaulted the Capitol.”

But Quid and the Dems want to permanently scarlet brand everyone who entered the Capitol on that day as a domestic terrorist .
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2021, 04:55 AM
    ”“[H]is very presence in the Capitol rotunda that day was a desecration of hallowed ground,”
    Drama queen material.

It is sad to see our corrupt government engaging in this. It is likewise sad to see people on this site agreeing with it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2021, 05:13 AM
    Drama queen material.

It is sad to see our corrupt government engaging in this. It is likewise sad to see people on this site agreeing with it.
    More corruption of law enforcement, who are, agents of the state..
    Remind me, who was at the top of that particular tree at the time ?

Either way the whole episode is a mess and was shocking to see from the Worlds only "Superpower".
    If this is a demonstration of how democracy is meant to be then I'll look elsewhere..

American really must get it's own house in order, before telling others how it should be done.
    While they can talk the talk , they have difficulty when it comes to walk the walk.
    Very much a case of do as I say and not as I do...
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2021, 05:20 AM
    Uhm...Nancy Pelosi and the Congress are in charge of the Capitol Police force. Joe Biden is presently in charge of those who are pursuing these ridiculous charges. Is that what you meant?

American really must get it's own house in order, before telling others how it should be done.
    While they can talk the talk , they have difficulty when it comes to walk the walk.
    Might surprise you to find out that I completely agree with that, other than I'm not sure how we are, "telling others how it should be done." At any rate, when it comes to solving our problems, we will certainly NOT look to Europe for good examples.
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2021, 05:42 AM
    Uhm...Nancy Pelosi and the Congress are in charge of the Capitol Police force. Joe Biden is presently in charge of those who are pursuing these ridiculous charges. Is that what you meant?
    Who was "running" the country and it wasn't congress..

Might surprise you to find out that I completely agree with that, other than I'm not sure how we are, "telling others how it should be done." At any rate, when it comes to solving our problems, we will certainly NOT look to Europe for good examples.
    Europe as a bloc are quite good, even though many of the member states aren't.
    Personally I'd err on the side of Canada, probably too liberal for your tastes.
    No school yard bully tactics or projections of power ;)
    America needs to stop thinking of itself as the world police, after all that's what the UN is there for.
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2021, 05:57 AM
    Who was "running" the country and it wasn't congress..
    You seem intent on trying, against all truth, to pin this on Trump. It was the failure of the Capitol Police who are controlled by the the Congress, not the pres. The ongoing investigation is controlled by Biden. Sorry, but your effort fails here.

I am ALL in favor of our giving up the role of world police. I'd pull our troops out of Europe for certain, and tell those nations to prepare to defend themselves rather than asking us to do it. I would tell the world that if you attack us, our interests, or a very limited number of allies such as Israel (who actually sacrifices to provide for its own defense), we will hammer you into the ground. Otherwise, our military is here to defend the United States.

Be careful what you ask for. Everyone wants us to mind our own business until, of course, they want us to come and bail them out.

As an example of how to run a country, I'd look back at the United States of 1800. Not perfect, but better than anything I see currently.
    BossMan

Aug 21, 2021, 08:09 AM
    There was more than just the Capitol police there, even so looks like the rot is endemic rather then from a single source.
    There is a deep rooted problem with law enforcement and how they operate.
    American cops seem to have forgotten why they are there and who they are meant to serve.
    Since when did they become the de-facto fifth branch of the military ??

This rot is starting to infect other locations, Europe and UK included.
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2021, 08:27 AM
    I don't think the police, generally speaking, are the problem. The great majority of them do a good job. It is the rot and corruption of the governing class that is the problem.

Europe and the UK have long been infected along with us. It started when we the people began to expect the governing class to take care of us.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2021, 01:48 PM
    Nature abhors a vacuum . No Pax Americana ? Which nation would assume the mantle ? ....the PRC ,or blocks of nations with spheres of influence like before WWI ? Everyone wants Realpolitik .Well there is reality for you.
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2021, 02:06 PM
    Our problem is that we think we can go into foreign nations and solve their problems. We can't. We need to advance our own interests with peace being the eventual goal.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2021, 03:54 PM
    Recalling the time when the US finally realized we were at war with jihadistan. (It took over a decade for us to realize this ,but it hit us between the eyes on 9-11-01) ;there was a bit of a debate over how we should respond. The issue ; the Muslims live in a world where the apparent options are to live in a strongman dictatorship that brutally suppresses their minorities ;or to live in a religious extreme ideological califate .No middle ground existed . Neither option would lead to a situation where the threat to the west would diminish .
    So called nation building was seen as a 3rd alternative . 20-20 hind sight has us questioning that premise . But what are we left with now ?.....dicatorship in the ummah or jihadist terrorist on the march . Bush was right ;the next jihadist attack may be achieved with a WMD .
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2021, 06:50 PM
    Those are all good points. I think we had no business pulling out to begin with. To leave several thousand troops over there long term was not a bad plan, especially considering that they were generally not involved in combat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's time to change the narrative [ 18 Answers ]

With the Taliban success in Afghanistan jihadism has received a boost and Muslim terrorist groups around the world have received a boost. Biden thinks Al Qaeda was defeated in Afghanistan. This is far from the truth. The Bin Laden group was defeated in Afghanistan, but that was a Saudi led group,...

True or False you can only copy files, not move them [ 2 Answers ]

True or False You can only copy files, not move them?

First time felony offense for false statement in ga [ 10 Answers ]

I am a married woman with 2 kids and a homemaker. I witnessed an incident at school involving my daughter and a teacher. I was asked by the school to give my written statement as to what I saw. I agreed to the request and turned in to the pricnipal my unsigned statement. After some appeals up...

Jail time for false statement [ 2 Answers ]

How much jail time could you get for a false statement? Or what are the consequences of writing a false statement?:confused:

View more questions Search