Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2021, 02:30 AM
    The Great Disconnect
    State Department spokesperson Ned Price Monday urged Afghanistan's new leaders to form an inclusive government that had women in it. Citing a United Nations Security Council statement ,he called for "an immediate cessation of all hostilities and the establishment, through inclusive negotiations, of a new government that is united, inclusive and representative – including with the full, equal and meaningful participation of women."
    Price said that the U.S. government would recognize a new government of Afghanistan so long as that government "upholds rights, doesn't harbor terrorists, and protects the rights of women and girls."

Taliban spokesperson Zabiullah Mujahid said "We have defeated a great power"

Quid yesterday :
    "The idea that somehow, there's a way to have gotten out without chaos ensuing—I don't know how that happens."

U.S. government-provided flights are departing. U.S. citizens, LPRs, and their spouses and unmarried children (under age 21) should consider travelling to Hamid Karzai International Airport.   You should plan to enter the airport at Camp Sullivan. From the HKIA Airport South Traffic Circle, head east for 1km and turn right on to Camp Sullivan.   Please note that gates may change frequently and that we will provide updates as necessary.
    THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT CANNOT ENSURE SAFE PASSAGE TO THE HAMID KARZAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
    Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Kabul (August 18, 2021) | U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan (usembassy.gov)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO PETS ALLOWED

Sauve qui peut !!!!!!!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2021, 04:28 AM
    "an immediate cessation of all hostilities and the establishment, through inclusive negotiations, of a new government that is united, inclusive and representative – including with the full, equal and meaningful participation of women."
    So does he really think that the leaders of the Taliban are going to look at each other and say, "Gosh. We weren't going to include women in the government, but since the leader of the Great Whore has encouraged us to do so, let's let a few ladies in. Everyone agree?" One thing's for sure. We have a Muslim woman in our Congress that they are more than welcome to take and use as female leader #1.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2021, 03:06 PM
    Brit Parliament holds Quid in contempt .

Parliament holds Joe Biden in contempt over Afghanistan (telegraph.co.uk)
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2021, 03:11 PM
    I feel certain they are not alone in that sentiment.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2021, 04:45 PM
    It is difficult to express positive feelings at this time
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2021, 07:14 PM
    It’s difficult for you at ALL times.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2021, 10:47 PM
    When was the last time you said something positive?
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2021, 04:36 AM
    I'll be happy to make a deal with you. I'll speak positively of your country if you'll agree to speak positively of mine. Agreed?
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2021, 07:07 PM
    So is there an agreement?
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2021, 01:18 PM
    Should we take your non-response as being a "no" answer?
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2021, 04:17 AM
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2021, 03:09 PM
    Doing her best Baghdad Bob impersonation Jen Psaki said : "I think it's irresponsible to say Americans are stranded. They are not."
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2021, 04:22 PM
    STATE DEPT. TO AMERICANS IN AFGHANASTAN: "Due to security threats outside gates at the Kabul airport, avoid traveling to the airport unless you receive individual instructions from a U.S. government representative to do so."
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2021, 04:27 PM
    here is the nightmare scenario ..

Taliban arranges a massive "civilian " demonstration at the gates of the Kabul airport on Sept 11 that turns into a riot .

US soldiers are videoed shooting at Afghan " civilians " on the 20th Anniversary of 9-11 -01 .
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2021, 05:56 PM
    STATE DEPT. TO AMERICANS IN AFGHANASTAN: "Due to security threats outside gates at the Kabul airport, avoid traveling to the airport unless you receive individual instructions from a U.S. government representative to do so."
    Was that meant for all of the non-stranded Americans?
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2021, 11:47 AM
    speaking of a great disconnect . Two morons in the House (one Dem one Repub so it is bipartisan moronary ) travelled to Kabul airport yesterday in the midst of a chaos that resembles combined the fall of Saigon ;and Tahrir Square during the 2013 Egyptian protests .They made a scathing report about the chaos at the airport . Well duh !.
    2 Members of Congress Flew Directly Into Kabul Amid Evacuation (businessinsider.com)

American transport planes are shooting off flares as they take off as heat seaking missile decoys because of how dangerous it is for fly in and out . So how did these brain dead idiots think putting themselves in harms way was going to help ?

Not only that ;there were even more of these a$$holes who were planning similar junkets . Madam Mim had to beg them to stop.

The Army should've packed their butt into a C-17 with 600 others who wanted to leave Kabul ;and let them spend a day in one of those 107degree un-air conditioned hangers in Doha Qatar where we are dropping off refugees .
    Afghan Refugees Sent to US Base in Qatar Without Air Conditioning (gizmodo.com)
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2021, 12:51 PM
    comment removed
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2021, 01:21 PM
    What comment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a second disconnect be added on ac condenser disconnect for sprinkler on a house [ 1 Answers ]

Can a second disconnect be added on a ac condenser disconnect for sprinkler pump on a second disconnect be added on a condenser disconnect for sprinkler pump on a home or will this pass code

Texas law for great aunt getting custody of great niece and nephew from c.p.s.and mom [ 2 Answers ]

I had kinship of my great niece and nephew, now they are in foster care. I think they belong with a family member who knows them and they know. I just don't know how to go about getting them back in our life. Please help! I don't know how to get this started. Their mom don't seem to be even trying...

Great face? Or great body [ 15 Answers ]

Which do you prefer... a woman who is pretty in the face... doesn't have a horrible body but is about 10 pounds too heavy.. ok 15. OR a bod that won't quit and a face that is average at best( and I am being KIND.) I am asking for a friend... ;) The personality is dazzling for both women. ( OK I...

Great R&B Song, Great Lyrics - Who's the Artist and what's the Title? Thanks [ 1 Answers ]

Singers: Male and Female duet. Female:- The sunlight smiles faithful every day for you. No one comes close to the joy you bring to me; whisper's like the summer's breeze. To put my mind at ease. When I look into your eye's I invision you and me on LOVE'S JOURNEY. So I wrote this melody because...

Great music. Great story, too [ 1 Answers ]

I like the music tremendously! And the pictures tell the fantastic story well. We Didn't Start The Fire Make certain your speakers are turned up.

View more questions Search