Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PrincessAlisa Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Can You Receive SSI Every Month And Still Get SSDI?
    Hi, I am disabled and I receive an ssi check(623.00) a month.I have 4 kids. I worked some(not long) when I was a teenager.I am 26 years old and I was wondering if I qualify to receive SSDI.I need so much help with funds in this family.Two of my children have been diagnosed with a disability.One of my sons were DENIED(I haven't tried to get ssi for my other sons yet).I was very disappointed because my son really needs it,I don't know what to do. Should I appeal?And Can I receive SSDI?Thanks for Responses
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2007, 10:06 AM
    You will receive only one - you cannot draw both benefits for yourself. About your son - what was the reason for the denial? You have the right to appeal the denial. Apparently Social Security did not feel there was enough evidence or facts that allowed them to grant SSI. That is why the appeal process is there. It is very common for Social Security to deny SSI the first time one applies. So do not get discouraged. Try again.
    PrincessAlisa Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Hi, yes thanks for answering.I had read on the social security website that you can get ssdi even if you have ssi.It said that if you were disabled as a teenager(and I was)that you could qualify to receive ssdi.It said that you could receive money from your parents income and my parents are really rich and stingy.Thanks for your reply.I think I'll just go and apply for it(No harm in that).If they turn me down than at least it was worth a try. Thanks guys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSDI and spousal support [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I know I don't have to pay taxes on my SSDI (social security disability) but do I have to pay taxes on spousal support. Here in Indianapolis, we don't have alimony. But my future ex-husband has to pay me spousal support because I am on SSDI. Thanks Shirley

Please help ssdi ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have written a couple questions about social security I have one more question if you don't care. I called ssa and asked about my claim last week they told me it went from Baltimore Maryland to pittsburg does anybody know why they sent it to pittsburg. Is that were they issue checks that the...

Ssi and ssdi [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know if a privet person sue you when you are on ssi and ssdi thank you

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

Ssi&ssdi [ 2 Answers ]

I like to know if you are on ssiand ssdi can some one sue you and to hold are checks thank you

View more questions Search