Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 05:42 AM
    fellow travellers all and all on a departing C17, no doubt
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2021, 05:09 AM
    Quid campaign was going to cooperate with the allies ,especially NATO ,and keep communication and dialogue open ;in contrast to the unilateral Trump. But all I am hearing is shock shock shock that Quid ;the adult in the room apparently did his thoughtless withdrawal without any consultation and coordination with our NATO allies . 10s of thousands of them are stranded ;not only in Kabul ,but throughout Afghanistan.

Boris Johnson recalled the government from vacation. British Ambassador Sir Laurie Bristow could've bailed . But he stayed behind in Kabul and is helping coordinate the Brit evacuation and processing visas .

Contrast that with Congress not being recalled ;with Quid only showing up at the White House to regurgitate a speech full of lies and contradictions that someone else wrote for him before he went back to his bunker in Camp David .US ambassador to Afghanistan Ross Wilson was one of the first evacuated and one of the 1st to leave the country . Americans in Kabul are being told by our military to make their way to the airport ;that the Taliban will safeguard their passage . The State Dept is telling all Americans in Afghanistan to 'shelter in place '.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2021, 05:14 AM
    The primary thing is to wear their masks and use the appropriate pronouns for any TG folks they might encounter.

I wonder who the Taliban is going to safeguard our people from, the Taliban?
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2021, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The primary thing is to wear their masks and use the appropriate pronouns for any TG folks they might encounter.

I wonder who the Taliban is going to safeguard our people from, the Taliban?
    The Taliban have said they would, they said it didn't they? Maybe it is a new day and Muslim doesn't speak with forked tongue. Then again old habits die hard

https://www.news.com.au/world/middle...7fd0be28a266ec
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2021, 06:22 AM
    maybe from all those prisoners they unleashed on the city when they emptied the jails .
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2021, 06:28 AM
    don't make excuses for them, they are afterall Muslim extremists
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2021, 10:32 AM
    Safe passage to the airport .... I wonder what deal Quid pro Joe arranged . Was Hunter involved ? Maybe it was leaving the military hardware behind ? just speculating .Are there pallets of cash loaded on one of the C-17s ? It worked in negotiations with Iran.

Afghans are desperately erasing their internet histories Many are worried that any trace of promoting education or work with westerns, military or civilian NGOs will risk reprisal. At the same time ,many Afghans also need that information to get the necessary visas to leave. They can't carry the necessary documentation because they don't want to risk carrying that through Taliban check points .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2021, 05:35 PM
    Can you imagine the outrage if, while Trump was on vacation, Afghanistan had fallen into total chaos? And then Trump leaves his vacation long enough to make a speech basically blaming it on everyone but himself, and then returned to his vacation as though nothing serious had happened? The liberal news media would have exploded!
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2021, 05:46 PM
    Joe needs his rest, being president and having to make a decision is exhausting
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2021, 11:06 AM
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2021, 04:46 PM
    Biden in two minds again, typical politician
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2021, 05:00 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama's foreign policy [ 82 Answers ]

What should we make of Obama's foreign policy? He was set to 'restore' America's standing in the world but it sure seems to me the administration's foreign policy is about as clear as mud. Foot dragging on Iran's freedom movement, snubbing the French, irritating the UK by transferring Gitmo...

Huckabee :Foreign policy [ 4 Answers ]

When I read the Huckster's foreign policy essay at 'Foreign Affairs 'Mag. Why did I think I was reading Democrat talking points ? Foreign Affairs - America's Priorities in the War on Terror - Michael D. Huckabee On diplomatic relations with Iran :Huckabee's fantasy about negotiating...

Our FAILED foreign policy [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: I wonder how long Bush going to continue to appease 1) Mushariff, 2) Abbas, 3) the Saudi Royal Family, 4) Hamas, 5) Olmert, 6) Al Qaida in Pakistan, 7) Syria’s Assad, and to a lesser extent 8) Mubarak in Egypt? I wonder why our Secretary of State is going to the Middle East instead of...

Foreign policy [ 15 Answers ]

Why so much concern over foreign policy when it is dictated by domestic policy. So if we are unhappy with foreign policy we should analyze our domestic policy.

Inconsistent foreign policy [ 16 Answers ]

Why do we do business with China which is a communist country and refuse to do business with Cuba and pressure other nations not to do business with Cuba because it is a communist country? BTW We also give aid to communist North Korea whenever it promises not to build nuclear weapons.

View more questions Search