Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2021, 08:03 PM
    China threatens Lithuania
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...ed29b38674b58b

The Chinese are becoming increasingly paranoid over Taiwan, which they insist should have been referred to as Taipei so they have expelled the Lithuanian ambassador. When someone doesn't have the high moral ground in an issue they become increasingly bellicose and bullying and this is what is happening here. For the last eighteen months they have been attacking Australia and now they are bullying an extremely smaller nation. They have nothing to gain by this attitude. Lithuania has seen fit not to kowtow to the one China policy of the CCP
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2021, 03:30 AM
    wow they are going to bully Lithuania of all the EU nations ? Lithuania seems to be the whipping boy lately . Russia is using it's proxy Belarus to pressure Lithuania too as I mentioned about the great migration . Is there a coordination between Moscow and Beijing ?

So the question is why would Lithuania stick it's little neck out to strengthen ties with Taiwan ? Beijing of course is shocked that tiny Lithuania did not bow to China's will when other countries genuflect to their demands. Well sometimes it is the small states that have the bigger backbone .
    Lithuania has been strengthening it's ties with Taiwan for some time and speak of the natural relationship between small democracies and the importance of standing up to authoritarians . Of that they have been principled and clear ;a breath of fresh air in Europe and the world community . Historic experience tells Lithuania that aggression by bullies cannot be appeased .Lithuania did not lose it's identity when it was absorbed by the Soviet Union . Similarly Taiwan has not lost it's identity even as China contends they are part of a larger China. They were a colony of Japan and then of China under martial law under Chiang Kai-Shek .But they have always been Taiwanese .

China has made Taiwan a red line . So any challenged to that is considered an existential threat . If a tiny nation can defy that then what hope do they have to convince the world that Taiwan is a fait accompli ? This should really shame the larger EU states who have fallen in line with China's dictates . Shi cannot let this stand . His reputation is on the line .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2021, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

China has made Taiwan a red line . So any challenged to that is considered an existential threat . If a tiny nation can defy that then what hope do they have to convince the world that Taiwan is a fait accompli ? This should really shame the larger EU states who have fallen in line with China's dictates . Shi cannot let this stand . His reputation is on the line .
    It is doubtfull if Xi even knows where that upstart country Lithuania even is, afterall they were great nation while China fought the Mongol hordes. With the Chinese attitude to former invaders I'm surprised the Chinese haven't exacted vengence on the mongol nation, perhaps that is what the persecution of Muslims is about

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

Husband threatens divorce [ 3 Answers ]

We have been married for 6 years, have a two year old boy and another one on the way in November. We've been together for 9 years and the first three were spent long distance. As soon as we were married things changed. He became verbally and emotionally abusive and it is a roller coaster ride of a...

Lenox china valueII My Aunt left me 2 sets of china. On is Lenox/Harvest [ 0 Answers ]

I have 12 5 piece place settings of Lenox/Harvest china in perfect condition; How much is it worth?

My 6 yr old threatens other kids [ 5 Answers ]

My 6 yr old son is in Kinder and has had 2 referrals to the office for making threats to other kids. I took some very special toys away the first time and really talked to him about how scary his words were and how it made the child feel. He also had to sit out at play time for 3 days. The second...

View more questions Search