Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2021, 05:27 PM
    Bitterness. Jealousy. Very ugly to watch.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Bitterness. Jealousy. Very ugly to watch.
    Then don't watch, the solution is in your hands
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2021, 07:14 AM
    This from a Wall Street Journal op ed :
    'The Real Structural Racism
    Is it OK that black eighth graders aren’t proficient in math and reading?"

Embarrassed by the way our big city public school systems are failing black children, progressives answer not by making it easier for these kids to get into schools where black children are achieving, whether this be charter or parochial schools. Instead, they focus on getting rid of the embarrassment by getting rid of the achievement tests that expose it, doubling down on race preferences and trying to hamstring the schools that show black children can and do learn in the right environment.
    The Real Structural Racism - WSJ
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2021, 08:02 AM
    That should be the question of the day. It is obvious that we are discriminating against poor blacks by confining them to under performing schools. It should be a national disgrace.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2022, 04:21 AM
    Shaffer said that expecting students to use proper syntax and grammar “are all made up rules. They're arbitrary. They were created by Westerners in power, in linguistic justice” and part of "white supremacy" that "runs deep," adding that she tries “to undermine that BS in my classroom as much as I can.”

"We study linguistics and the rules that we actually use to communicate instead of the made-up rules that white supremacy created for when we write papers and stuff, which is what scholars call the 'language of power.'"

She continued, "Well, let's look at how we write essays [where we] start with an introduction that includes a thesis, always cite your sources, use transition words like ‘however’ and ‘therefore.’ These are all made-up rules. They were created by Westerners in power. Which got me thinking, what if I started my school year with a unit honoring how we talk rather than teaching students how to write properly."
    California English teacher says proper grammar is ‘white supremacist,’ refuses to teach it | The Post Millennial | thepostmillennial.com
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2022, 05:33 AM
    Good for her! Now maybe she can tackle that "white supremacist" math next. All of this 2 + 2 = 4 stuff is just a creation of western power-seekers.
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2022, 06:20 AM
    The liberals are still hot on the trail of educational equality. A city university in NY is being occupied by the students. Their demand? That all students receive a grade of A in every course in which they are enrolled. This is from the article. '

"We demand that every student receives a final course grade of A as well as the removal of I/Z grades for the Fall 2022 semester." The letter insisted, "Attendance shall have no bearing on course grade." (According to the New School’s website, an "I" grade is a "temporary incomplete" and a "z" grade is an "unofficial withdrawal.")
    If the students genuinely believe that idea is a sensible proposal, then it tells us all we need to know about the quality of education they have received so far since, according to their demands, a student who does not attend class and does no work should still receive an A in the course. They evidently cannot understand that giving out A's to everyone makes the grade of A entirely meaningless. It would amount to nothing more than a participation trophy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

How do I override or clear the "leave" and "return" functions on my thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a Honeywell TRH7500 programmable thermostat. The installation went smoothly, but I cannot figure our how to override/clear the "leave/return" schedules. The thermostat comes with 4 daily program settings: wake, leave, return, sleep. I only want to use wake and sleep but I...

View more questions Search