Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2021, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Right now we are fighting a mouse plague, mice in their millions are overrunning the country
    Didn't Australia have hordes of feral cats not too many years ago? I remember talk of trapping and neutering them, maybe finding homes for many of them. Maybe the mice decided that, since their enemies are fewer, they can party.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2021, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Didn't Australia have hordes of feral cats not too many years ago? I remember talk of trapping and neutering them, maybe finding homes for many of them. Maybe the mice decided that, since their enemies are fewer, they can party.
    we still do have hordes of feral cats, but they are afraid of the mice and hide in the cities, those in the outback grow fat. We have had better success neutering house cats. We also had hordes of rabbits and hordes of prickly pear, we don't do things by halves. If the emu wars taught us anything it is nature will win every time
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2021, 07:43 PM
    we faced down Indonesia in Timor, fought beside you in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan and the Kiwi don't dare invade although they have been infiltrating. You are envious of our record with Covid and stopping the hordes of Muslim refugees.
    That's your record of success, facing down the Indonesians at Timor and "stopping the hordes" of refugees by virtue of the fact that you are surrounded on all sides by water?
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2021, 08:55 PM
    No we stopped them by sending them back and not allowing them to land and take advantage of our poffter ridden legal system
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2021, 09:08 PM
    That's understandable, but you can't compare that relatively minor problem with our southern border. Two completely different situations.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2021, 10:48 PM
    The only difference is the volume of water. If we had not acted, and listened to the liberal dills, we too would have been overrun. Anyway, you stopping your unwillable wars cut off the flow of refugees to this part of the world. The key is denying the people smugglers a product to sell
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2021, 04:26 AM
    The only difference is the volume of water
    No, the difference is the ABSENCE of water. Look at a map of our southern border. It is very clear.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 05:13 AM
    Geography makes a difference. The big challenge crossing the US border is not on the border itself . Most of the migrants have to go through the jungle at the Darien Gap. Many die and are killed there . Still thousands risk it . Why ,because Quid sent out a signal that they are welcome .

The previous record for crossings of the Darien Gap was in 2016, when more than 25,000 migrants, most from Haiti, Cuba and outside Latin America, crossed into Panama, according to Security Minister Juan Pino."This year has been very crucial," Pino told reporters. "More than 42,000 migrants have already passed through Panama and this is expected to increase."
    Panama registers record number of migrants crossing treacherous Darien Gap | Reuters
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2021, 05:58 AM
    Water? Other than the Rio Grande, which often can simply be walked across and, at any rate, only affects the border south of Texas, there is none.

Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    No, the difference is the ABSENCE of water. Look at a map of our southern border. It is very clear.
    No water you need a WALL!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2021, 07:28 AM
    I would agree with that.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 07:37 AM
    This is why giving up the canal zone was a terrible error .
    That is a border that could've been easily defended .

Darein gap is the only section between Alaska and Chile that does not have an active road through it .
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 03:14 PM
    would have been, should have been, perfect hindsight
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2021, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    This is why giving up the canal zone was a terrible error .
    That is a border that could've been easily defended .

Darein gap is the only section between Alaska and Chile that does not have an active road through it .
    forgive me but doesn't Panama have a dirty great ditch streached across it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Their Eyes Were Watching God [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone PLEASE help me with or give me a thesis for Their Eyes Were Watching God?

Their Eyes Were Watching God [ 1 Answers ]

Why did Tea Cake visit Janie early one morning? In the book Their Eyes Were Watching God:confused:

Their Eyes Were Watching God [ 5 Answers ]

I Need help coming up with a QUESTION TO ANSWER for my research paper on the novel "THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD? My topic is "is nanny right when she says marriage is convenice" but I need to make that into a question?

View more questions Search