Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2021, 06:24 AM
    Private eyes ;They're watching you ;They see your every move
    A statement by the NSA Inspector General announced an investogation of allegations that the NSA was spying on a member of the press .
    https://bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com/public/images/c4510494-6b37-4a95-aa14-48f3e4997efa_1544x1104.png (1544×1104) (substack.com)

That member is Fox commentary reporter Tucker Carlson who says that sourcesinside government told him that the NSA was in possession of his communications . The NSA went on Twitter to make an evasive denial late June. They said he was not a target while avoiding the question about his communications in their possession.

(20) NSA/CSS on Twitter: "A statement from NSA regarding recent allegations: https://t.co/vduE6l6YWg" / Twitter

The compliant press predictably mocked him and the allegation accusing him of conspiracy thinking and basically calling him a liar .

But the NSA IG Robert Storch ,nominated by both the emperor and Trump for the position ;and being a long time Washington bureaucrat who served as the emperor's Justice Dept IG has a non-partisan reputation . For him to decide to announce this investigation may mean there is something there .

Last month a publication run by a private security firm revealed that Carlson was indeed "unmasked " by NSA .

Instead, the nation’s top electronic spy agency found that Carlson was mentioned in communications between third parties and his name was subsequently revealed through “unmasking,” a process in which relevant government officials can request the identities of American citizens in intelligence reports to be divulged provided there is an official reason, such as helping them make sense of the intelligence documents they are reviewing.
    The NSA obscures the names of Americans mentioned in its finished products in an effort to protect their privacy.
    The sources declined to comment on who mentioned Carlson in their communications.
    NSA review finds that Tucker Carlson’s communications were not targeted - The Record by Recorded Future

What apparently happened then is that Carlson wanted to interview Putin . For that reason alone he was spied on ;as if it is unusual for a journalist to want to interview a foreign leader. What other journalist does this happen to ?

It is unlikely that any action will be taken against the NSA as precedence was set when the emperor's Obots had an unmask-athon spying against members of Congress ,journalists and the Trump campaign.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2021, 09:44 PM
    your caption says private eyes but in fact you are complaining about public eyes, the NSA.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2021, 03:22 AM
    What is unclear is if NSA did anything illegal or improper under existing laws. That in itself is disturbing because it points to a problem of NSA's broad mandate to used domestic surveillance in it's pursuit of it's proper role of foreign intelligence.
    Even if they were monitoring some Putin crony and Carlson contacted that person for the purpose of obtaining an interview ,there was no justification for his name to be unmasked ......doubly so when there are numerous examples of the unmasking process being used as a political tool. The presumption is supposed to be with the person being unmasked .
    Minimization Procedures used by NSA in Connection with FISA SECT 702.pdf (dni.gov)
    4th amendment ..............
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2021, 05:07 AM
    Big government = Big corruption and abuse of power. Our founding fathers understood that. The formerly free country of Australia is learning it now.

"Australia Calls In Military To Enforce Lockdown Martial Law Despite Less Than 1 Death Per Day In Entire Country."

https://en-volve.com/2021/07/31/aust...ntire-country/
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2021, 06:33 AM
    You are focused on liberal headlines with no understanding. There is no martial law here, but there are health orders and it seems a certain propensity to civil disobedience that puts us all at risk. The hospital in my town is code red today because an infected inmate in a local jail was bailed and allowed to wander the backblocks of the state. What this means is it is locked down for public safety until it is established it is not a source of infection.

The troops have been made available to strengthen the police force, they carry no weapons.

I find the lockdowns an inconvenience, but as I am one of the vulnerable population with a low tolerance to idiots, I say the government is doing what it was elected to do, protect the population. So go protect your own population we certainly don't want your outcomes here
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2021, 06:53 AM
    protect yourself. no one forces you to leave your home .

Last year I was getting groceries delivered because I had the means to do so . Many people don't have such luxury as to stay at home. I know someone who worked for the charity 'Meals on Wheels ' . Part of the job was to call clients and ask them if they were getting all their needs taken care of . It was shocking how often their needs weren't provided for by the government that told them to stay home ;and ginned up so much fear that to this day some of them have not left their homes .
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2021, 07:27 AM
    The troops have been made available to strengthen the police force, they carry no weapons.
    When the military is called in to enforce the law, you are in a level of martial law. You will probably wake up too late.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2021, 08:19 PM
    We are fully awake, which is more than I can say for you. We have not endured half a million deaths so something must be working here that isn't working for you. I think it is the level of talk v action in your government. When dealing with covid B/S doesn't cut it

I leave my home perhaps once or twice a week, I am not challenged by police or military. I can exercise outdoors, visit the supermarket, visit my doctor, even visit some relatives. Now the lockdown elsewhere is more severe but excepting for the latter provision, conditions are the same and are complied with without coercion.

What I see here is envy, you are envious of our way of life, so you knock it at every opportunity. I, on the other hand, only have a negative attitude towards the actions of your government. You are over governed, over policed, over legislated and thankfully, over there
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2021, 08:29 PM
    What I see here is envy, you are envious of our way of life, so you knock it at every opportunity. I, on the other hand, only have a negative attitude towards the actions of your government.
    I like and respect your country. Envy? Nah. What is there to envy? You live under a bubble of protection provided by us.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2021, 08:43 PM
    last time I looked you exist in the same bubble and you allow this because it suits you. You know why that is? You don't want to be fighting wars so you extend your influence as far as you are able. We have supported you for more than a century, even though you are often late to the party and you have gotten your arses kicked on a number of occasions. Sooner or later your government steps up and says enough!

The bubble is a myth, it exists in the northern hemisphere, if it exists at all. MAD is not a bubble, it is a threat
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2021, 04:14 AM
    When China begins to threaten, you call on us for help. It's like I've said many times. If everyone in Australia is like you, then I'd cut you loose and tell you to develop a military capable of defending your own nation. We spend way too much on defense for a military that has to defend not just us, but half of the rest of the world as well. When you're about six months into learning Chinese, you'll start to sing a different tune.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2021, 06:36 AM
    Ne how ma, JL, I'll just dust off my phrase book, what will you do? Will you honour your treaty obligations as we have done?
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2021, 06:50 AM
    We will defend ourselves. We can do that. It is the Aussies who have to depend on others.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2021, 06:54 AM
    No, we don't depend on others, WWII taught us that you can't depend on others and that our forces will be wasted on any battlefield commanded by others. You see us as small and weak but we always give as good as we get and more. We can only hope the weapons supplied by you are equal to the task
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2021, 07:14 AM
    You are small and you are weak. The Chicoms would roll you up in a couple of weeks. It is simply true. When you get as serious about your own national defense as the South Koreans are, then you'll have something to talk about.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2021, 05:08 PM
    We are serious and many weapons platforms are under development or contract of purchase, but with some larger bullies in the world what we do will never be enough to satisfy someone like you. Our economy is in the top twenty in the world despite our small population. It is true we don't have a fleet of aircraft carriers, there is no one within range we want to attack. Our focus is on different things to yours, our battle honours world renown in every conflict we have been in. We fought the Germans in two world wars before you got off your duff, we faced the Japanese in Asia and the Pacific while you were still wondering how to respond. There was no US umbrella then. If, like the South Koreans we had a real enemy over the border our preparations would be different but it isn't, we are not here to fight your wars for you
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2021, 07:14 PM
    we are not here to fight your wars for you
    You never have been.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2021, 05:42 PM
    No but you would like us too, we have a much better recent record of success
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2021, 06:36 PM
    A better record of success at what??? Your old war against the indigenous natives?
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2021, 06:15 PM
    No we won the emu wars, we faced down Indonesia in Timor, fought beside you in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan and the Kiwi don't dare invade although they have been infiltrating. You are envious of our record with Covid and stopping the hordes of Muslim refugees. Right now we are fighting a mouse plague, mice in their millions are overrunning the country, so can't see the Chinese wanting any part of that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Their Eyes Were Watching God [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone PLEASE help me with or give me a thesis for Their Eyes Were Watching God?

Their Eyes Were Watching God [ 1 Answers ]

Why did Tea Cake visit Janie early one morning? In the book Their Eyes Were Watching God:confused:

Their Eyes Were Watching God [ 5 Answers ]

I Need help coming up with a QUESTION TO ANSWER for my research paper on the novel "THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD? My topic is "is nanny right when she says marriage is convenice" but I need to make that into a question?

View more questions Search