Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schadtsky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Shower issue
    I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot water but the tub is fine?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 21, 2007, 12:18 PM
    I'm searching for your "venting issue" and haven't found it yet. But your water issues put the problem squarely on the valves. Sounds like they're loaded up with mineral buildup caused by not flushing your water4 heater on a regular maintenance schedule,( more about that later).
    Open up the valves in question and check and clear the inlet ports on the cartridges. Before you reassemble, turn the water back on to flush out any crud remaining in the supplies and valve body.
    Now, back to the water heater. For long life and fewer troubles you should keep your heater clear of mineral build-up by flushing on a regular schedule. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white or yellow grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Do this monthly to keep it clear. Now flush out your hot water lines on ALL fixtures that are affected . Now pull each aerator and clean the screens. Be sure you put them back togather the same way you took them out. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Hope this helps, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Venting Issue Or a Clog? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plumbing issue that is confusing me. I live in town a use the town serwer. I have one bathroom that will not flush and the shower backs up. It is at the end of the line of our house before hitting the town serwer system. When you run the sink in the bathroom, after about one minute or...

Who issue W2? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Work summary: - Worked in a University for Jan and Feb 2006 - Worked on CPT (training) with a company from March till 1 May 06 - Worked on OPT with same company from May 1 to Dec 1 06

Toilet and Shower Drain Issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I moved into a brand new house 6 weeks ago. Over the last two weeks I have been having intermittent problems with the shower drain and the toilet next to it. The toilet will sometimes fill up with water whilst flushing and take quite a whil to go down to normal level. Also sometimes...

Is this a issue ? [ 7 Answers ]

PC : XP Pro Service pack 2 --------------------------- Start/Run <typed>MSCONFIG Looked in: Win.Ini Programs It shows: ;msconfig Luke.exe=C:\storage\calarkconnect iso\clarkconnect-2.1iso

Shower Drain Issue [ 1 Answers ]

I need a real creative mind for this one. I bought a condo with an old custom build corner shower. I found a neoangle shower that we liked and demo'd the old. There were two concrete beds, one poured level with the subfloor and then one that was shaped with the proper drop, etc. I decided to...

View more questions Search