Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2021, 06:10 AM
    Stranger and Stranger
    Now we have to remove rocks? Pretty sure that not a single minority's life will be improved in any measurable way by removing a rock. Incredible that a boulder is now "controversial".

The University of Wisconsin removed a controversial boulder from its Madison campus Friday after the Black Student Union and other activists objected to its description nearly 100 years ago with a racial slur.
    Chamberlin Rock, which rests atop Observatory Hill, is named after a 19th Century geologist and former university president, Thomas Crowder Chamberlin, whose work centered on glacial deposits, according to a bio on the university’s website.
    But it was a reporter’s reference to the rock in a nearly century-old Wisconsin State Journal article that prompted the push for its removal.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/racist-ro...consin-madison
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2021, 06:41 AM
    Yeh well
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2021, 06:43 AM
    An easier solution would've been to cancel the nickname and give it a new one . Isn't that what happens when sports teams have names deemed offensive by the thought police ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2021, 06:08 PM
    but the nick name already offended people, so it must go. This is just the start of the insanity and stupidity that is going around America now. While we fight over bathrooms and hurt feelings, we become the laughing stock of the world
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2021, 06:36 PM
    There is a trend to remove racially offensive titles but Chamberlain rock, come on, get real. In a place I know an object that had survived time called hanging rock and was culturally significant to the local indigenous peoples, which stood near what is now a busy road was removed because it might fall and do something

jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2021, 06:38 PM
    Well said Chuck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my boyfriend act like a stranger? [ 10 Answers ]

We had been dating for 2.5 yrs. My boyfriend has never been talkative or affectionate. But for past 6 months he is mostly annoyed when we are together. He has cancer and his chances of cure are very good. We have not been intimate for about 5 month because he physically cannot. He stopped...

Beautifull stranger [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I met very handsome guy in net, but after sometime I recognised that person on pic and person corresponded with me are two different persons. Now I'm fully in love, and want to know only who is the guy on pics?Im not maniacal person but would like to be his friend if he accept it....

Loving the stranger [ 2 Answers ]

I met this guy somewhere in website. Honestly, at first, I don't take him seriously, I mean I have so much friends online. Then suddenly he invited me to play a one on one football game with him so I took the challenge as easy as that because I know it would be impossible for us to get ourselves on...

Perfect Stranger [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone I wonder if anyone had seen the Bruce Willis, halle Berry movie Perfect Stranger? I have seen the movie umpteenth time and I would love to discuss it with anyone. What really strikes me is halle berry plays this icy journalist who is trying to uncover a murder-and her cohort...

The stranger [ 1 Answers ]

In the 80's or the early 90's I watched a movie even taped it on my vcr watched it again about 20 times... well the movie was lost... I have tried finding it in every movie site and even e bay I think the movie was one made for hbo but can't find it any where I might have the name wrong......

View more questions Search